Chad Mendes "Yeah I've been training and keeping a decent shape" [New Video]

m22able7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Chad admits he was doing some training and was in decent shape , not like some on here claimed. His complaint is that he did not train for a 5 round fight, but he lost in 2 rounds and was getting lit up from the opening seconds of the fight.

[YT]wS6KYSRlc6o[/YT]

either way, knocking out mendes in under 2 full rounds is quite impressive but if mendes was in pretty good shape, it just makes conor look better, cant wait for aldo vs conor (barring an aldo injury) and edgar vs mendes

He wasn't getting lit up from the moment the fight started lmao. MCG spent most of the fight on his back, he got busted open. Mendes won the first round and was winning the second until he made a silly mistake going for the sub. He gassed and then got lit up in the last few seconds of the fight.

I can't get over people scoring any of that fight for MCG based on effective chatting with Herb Dean begging for a standup. MCG offered virtually no resistence on those takedowns and had no way of getting up until Mendes gave him the opening off the ill advised sub attempt.

You gotta tell yourself something.. If he gassed in round 2, maybe he gasses round 3.. Maybe he doesn't think the body shots did the damage, but people wonder why they get tired fighting Nick Diaz... It's the constant pressure that wears you down. The flick kicks to the body forcing you stop your breathing will build up lactic acid much faster and starve your muscles of oxygen. I'm pretty confident the body shots (and constant pressure) made a significant difference. I'd watch them fight again though for sure.

Let's also keep in mind that there are several reports stating Conor had a bummed knee going into the camp and couldn't wrestle at all.. He's yet to make any excuse about it, but if they're both correct, I don't see the second fight going much differently.

He wasn't getting lit up from the moment the fight started lmao. MCG spent most of the fight on his back, he got busted open. Mendes won the first round and was winning the second until he made a silly mistake going for the sub. He gassed and then got lit up in the last few seconds of the fight.

I can't get over people scoring any of that fight for MCG based on effective chatting with Herb Dean begging for a standup. MCG offered virtually no resistence on those takedowns and had no way of getting up until Mendes gave him the opening off the ill advised sub attempt.

Who gives a shit.
He finished Chad under 2.
Get over it.

In that exact same interview you are quoting he is "110%" blaming the short notice for his lack of cardio. He says the body kicks didn't sap his cardio and that they didn't hurt.

He says he was in shape, but not in optimal fight camp shape which is the argument that most sane people are making. He also said yeah he was going to hype the fight up with his pre fight comments.

So your source says the opposite of what you are trying to argue. Nice job...

Who gives a shit.
He finished Chad under 2.
Get over it.

I'm not saying he didn't win the fight. I agreed, he lit him up in the final seconds of the fight. But anyone saying that Conor was winning that fight is asinine. I like Conor, I think he's good for the sport. There's nothing for me to "get over" regarding the fight, it's just I can't get over the fanboys acting like he walked through Chad Mendes.

Aldo murked Chad in the first round the first time they fought. Doesn't change the fact that there was a cage grab in there which may have changed the dynamic of the fight. Do I think Chad would have won? No, I think Aldo still would have found the victory the same way I think McGregor would have found it in the third or later in the fight if Herb had let their fight continue.

It's just trying to say that McGregor was winning that fight ... Irks the shit out of me.

Admits? Lol he couldn't fucking wait to pull the excuses out after the initial humble post fight interview

It's called analysis. It's how you determine how skilled a fighter is

No, it's called: trying to figure out what's on the judge scorecard when a fight didn't even reach the end of round 2.
You are not doing an analysis of the fight and you are not trying to understand why it went the way it went.

You are juste being a judge wannabe. Who gives a shit about your round 1 scorecard in a 2 round fight.

Analysing the fight is, for example, asking yourself how in hell was Mendes supposed to get out of any of the next rounds with an empty gas tank.

I'm not saying he didn't win the fight. I agreed, he lit him up in the final seconds of the fight. But anyone saying that Conor was winning that fight is asinine. I like Conor, I think he's good for the sport. There's nothing for me to "get over" regarding the fight, it's just I can't get over the fanboys acting like he walked through Chad Mendes.

Aldo murked Chad in the first round the first time they fought. Doesn't change the fact that there was a cage grab in there which may have changed the dynamic of the fight. Do I think Chad would have won? No, I think Aldo still would have found the victory the same way I think McGregor would have found it in the third or later in the fight if Herb had let their fight continue.

It's just trying to say that McGregor was winning that fight ... Irks the shit out of me.

I agree 100%, Mendes had the first on the judge scorecard.
And that's not relevant.

Last edited:

Well at the same time people like to act like Conor was getting demolished and got lucky, which is also far from the truth

It's called analysis. It's how you determine how skilled a fighter is

His analysis is fairly mediocre, then. He failed to mention the crushing blows to the body that very well could have been the reason Chad gassed, but did mention him gassing.

Can you see how I'd think that analysis needs some work?

It should not irk you. McGregor was winning the fight. He didn't win the first round imo, but his strategy wasn't based on winning rounds, it was based on wearing Mendes out. Would it have been effective full camp Mendes? I don't know. But you can be damn sure it was effective against the actual Mendes. Conor also clearly won the second round. I am not sure how that can be disputed. That fight would have been 19-19 had it gone to the third.

Mendes was clearly winded in the opening minute or so of the fight. There's no way that was solely due to lack of preparation on his part, it was because he was being pressured and kicked in the stomach and solar plexus repeatedly.

It is also worth noting that your claim that McGregor spent the majority of the fight on his back is factually inaccurate. He did not, although he did spend significant time there and Mendes did land some nice elbows from on top.

Connor got lit up pretty good too , Connor fans act like he just walked right through him.

Well at the same time people like to act like Conor was getting demolished and got lucky, which is also far from the truth

I agree, I think people are overly generous with Chad's performance because they wanted to see Conor get wrestlefucked, and he kind of did. But he still managed to escape from those positions and do a lot of damage on the feet. I scored the first for Conor, and assuming the fight had made it to the end of the second I would've had that as a 10-9 for him as well.

No, it's called trying to figure out what's on the judge scorecard when a fight didn't even reach the end of round 2. Who gives a shit.

Fight analysis is asking yourself how in hell was Mendes supposed to get out of any of the next rounds with an empty gas tank.

So basically exactly what I said? Lmao, I wasn't trying to figure out what was on a judge's scorecard, there isn't much guesswork involved. When your a bloody mess and your offense consists of casual chatting with your opponent and the ref ... ya lose son.

McGregor struggled against a short notice Mendes, fact. McGregor was unable to get Mendes off of him, fact. McGregor offered no resistance and Mendes got him down at will, fact. McGregor had the better gameplan, confidence, striking, cardio, and he won the fight. Fact. McGregor would have won the fight regardless of whether it was stopped in the second or not.

Conor-warriors, all I was disputing was the claim that Mendes got lit up from the opening bell. That is all.

img25239551.jpg

Absolutely #dominating the fight from this position, ya know, where he spent most of the fight.

Back