Chad Mendes vs. Ricardo Lamas @ UFC Fight Night April 4th

mendes by knockout. edgar will probably fight faber in a novelty matchup

If McGregor loses Edgar gets next. If McGregor wins and is next I think they do Edgar/Bermudez on Fox.

Could be maybe they didnt want to do Edgar/Mendes as co main event since luke/Machida is main event in NJ.

Also maybe they didnt want Mendes/Lamas to beat Edgar since they both lost to Aldo recently.

That maybe giving Edgar someone like Bermudez is an easier fight and gets him a win and then he gets a title shot.

I think those two will be talking of nothing but McGregor in the weeks leading up to their fight.

Would be indifferent have I not seen Lamas with a great sense of humor. Great match-up.

If this fight actually gets made I guess Edgar will most likely sit out until the summer to wait for the winner of Aldo vs Mcgregor.

Mendes/Edgar and Lamas/Oliveira would've been MUCH better - who the fuck does Edgar fight now?!

Mendes/Lamas is still a good fight, but Edgar's gonna be sitting around a long time...I guess they're keeping him free in case Siver does the unthinkable!

Chad by whatever he wants. Lamas is good but not good enough for that upper echelon.

Mendes for me.

Lamas is a good fighter, but hes not getting Mendes down and Mendes is a faster striker.

Mendes for me.

Lamas is a good fighter, but hes not getting Mendes down and Mendes is a faster striker.

Basically what it comes down to. Mendes is the better striker and wrestler. Don't really see how Lamas gets the W.

I was sure they would do Edgar vs Mendes.

But I understand the matchup.

I was sure they would do Edgar vs Mendes.

But I understand the matchup.

I like Mendes vs. Edgar MUCH better. Would've loved it to co-main Rockhold/Machida but that fight deserves to be 5 rounds too. Just made sense due to the venue, plus those two fights would make an amazing duo for a big FOX card.

Back