News Chad Mendes to make BK debut

Guy he's fighting comes from a boxing background from what I understand. But bareknuckle really lets you rough people up in the clinch with the collar tie which will play well for mendes. I think Chad was saying on the Weighing In podcast his opponent lost his last fight in similar clinch beating style.

I know nothing about his opponent, but these old, high-mileage MMA guys with long layoffs can be at a disadvantage against younger fighters who've been training nothing but boxing/bareknuckle for the last few years. Call it the Paul Bros. effect.

Guy he's fighting comes from a boxing background from what I understand. But bareknuckle really lets you rough people up in the clinch with the collar tie which will play well for mendes. I think Chad was saying on the Weighing In podcast his opponent lost his last fight in similar clinch beating style.
I just looked it up. He's 2-0 in professional boxing against a guy 0-7 and another 2-27. This should be a squash match. Also, I don't know how people with those records keep fighting? Like, after say, 20 losses to 2 wins, you'd think it'd be time to hang em up

Back