Chad Mendes Sets the Record Straight (Video)

Conor has talked about 155 but never said he's move there without defending the belt. This is what Mendes is talking about, obviously.

And everyone knows that Conor fought the weakest version of Mendes possible, which is one reason why he didn't bail. Another is that if he did, Dana would lynch him the way he did Jones when he refused the Chael fight.

He has talked about going up and down in weight class, which Dana shut down.

Haha, I love it. Yeah, Conor's spies in TAM were feeding him information back that Mendes fighting shape was at an all time low.

There's no comparing the Jones situation with Conor. Jones refused to take the Sonnen fight because he was a different match-up stylistically. Conor had a knee injury that could have made pull out, rest up and wait for Aldo to heal. As for lynching him like Jones, what, he's going to express his disappointment in him.

Conor had the option of fighting Diaz or someone else at 155, and win, lose or draw, he still would have got his title shot against Aldo.

He could have said yes.

But he instead goes on to lie about the body shots not hurting and the goes to say he beats him 10/10 times on a full camp and says he deserves a rematch.

If he just said "Yeah it affected me, but I'm gonna prove I deserve another shot and show that with a full camp I can beat this guy."

If he said that, I'd have a lot more respect for him.

Obviously, the only person to know if the "body shots" hurt would be mendes.

No doubt. There's often a reason the loser lost. Not being able to accept it makes him a poor loser.

There are legit reasons in sports competition for losing and there are extraneous reasons (like an opponent using deflated balls or the Red Sox pitchers getting the Gren Monster to keep balls in the park that would be homeruns in other parks). Guys who take fights on short notice are always given kudos for being active and for stepping up to save a card, and are also given a pass if they lose or praised even more if they win. Why is Chad Mini not getting that benefit?

There are legit reasons in sports competition for losing and there are extraneous reasons (like an opponent using deflated balls or the Red Sox pitchers getting the Gren Monster to keep balls in the park that would be homeruns in other parks). Guys who take fights on short notice are always given kudos for being active and for stepping up to save a card, and are also given a pass if they lose or praised even more if they win. Why is Chad Mini not getting that benefit?

Why is Conor not getting that benefit?

It is well known Conor was getting stem cell injections into his knee during his training camp. He couldn't even do full contact grappling during his preparation because of the injury. He also had his opponent switched out 2 weeks out before fight day....and had to mentally and physically prepare for a completely different stylistic match up...against the best wrestler in the division. Despite the injury, the opponent switch, and all the pressure of the insane buildup and having all his countryman fly over to watch this fight...he still folded Chad in half inside 2 rounds.

Well, this is the reality of the situation whether people like it or not, 12 days or something to get ready for a 5 round fight is not even close to enough. He gassed because of the short notice, its really as simple as that. Did the body strikes affect that??, Mendes says no, Conor says yes.....truth is somewhere in the middle.

Now, we get to the point if he should be saying this in the media and public. To some it will come off as excuses and he's a sore loser while his fans or people that are anti-Conor will agree with him.

The way I see it? Mendes is being smart and already promoting the next fight with Conor. He's got Edgar lined up but he knows that win/lose or in the future he may fight COnor again and this is something that he will use to talk his way into the fight. He's just starting up early.

Why is Conor not getting that benefit?

It is well known Conor was getting stem cell injections into his knee during his training camp. He couldn't even do full contact grappling during his preparation because of the injury. He also had his opponent switched out 2 weeks out before fight day....and had to mentally and physically prepare for a completely different stylistic match up...against the best wrestler in the division. Despite the injury, the opponent switch, and all the pressure of the insane buildup and having all his countryman fly over to watch this fight...he still folded Chad in half inside 2 rounds.

Everyone has injuries, not everyone gets only 2 weeks to prepare for a fight. Conor Mc was already training for a title fight, Chad Mini was drinking beer and eating burgers.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about this whining from Mendes and his camp. I thought for sure Mendes was going to kick Mcgregors butt and I bet heavily on it. It was very clear early on that Mcgregor owned him on the feet and yes, Mendes put him down but other than a couple shots he did zero damage. Conor beat his body and that's what sucked the life out of Mendes. I thought McGregor was hype but he proved me wrong and took it to Mendes and beat him down mentally and physically in that fight.
Still a Mendes fan but quit the whining and focus on beating Frankie and getting rematch with either Aldo or McGregor

Everyone has injuries, not everyone gets only 2 weeks to prepare for a fight. Conor Mc was already training for a title fight, Chad Mini was drinking beer and eating burgers.

hyperbole
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun, Rhetoric
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as

LOL

If your going to cry about the fight camp after the fight, just turn the fight down.

Obviously, the only person to know if the "body shots" hurt would be mendes.

Or you know...the fact that everyone has pain receptors and know how shots to the body hurt.

Of course they hurt, unless he was doped up on morphine they hurt.

At the end of the day, Conor did what he has done to almost everyone in the UFC..

Finished him..

LOL

If your going to cry about the fight camp after the fight, just turn the fight down.

Chad's too smart for that, he knew that if he loses he would have an excuse ready for that. He took the fight, got paid some good $$$ and now is using it as a excuse to already get another fight with Conor down the road.

The crying is what will get him another fight down the road. He's playing it smart right now, and people will buy into it. If he got KO'd and dominated then he's got nothing to go on, at least now he's got something to instigate another fight. Half the people will want to see "full fight Mendes" and how he does, the other half will want to see "full camp mendes" get beaten and shut up.

He could have said yes.

But he instead goes on to lie about the body shots not hurting and the goes to say he beats him 10/10 times on a full camp and says he deserves a rematch.

If he just said "Yeah it affected me, but I'm gonna prove I deserve another shot and show that with a full camp I can beat this guy."

If he said that, I'd have a lot more respect for him.

How do you know he's lying? Did he ever wince in agony after those body shots? No. You just adopted the narrative that paints your boy in the best light and will argue it to death.

Both played a factor in Chad gassing but the body shots were not the significant factor. Admit it.

How do you know he's lying? Did he ever wince in agony after those body shots? No. You just adopted the narrative that paints your boy in the best light and will argue it to death.

Both played a factor in Chad gassing but the body shots were not the significant factor. Admit it.

Yeah totally more believable that a professional athlete started getting winded within a couple of minutes of the first round. Poor, Poor Chad. We should start a Kickstarter for his puffer or something.

Any broscientist knows that periodization is bullshit and fighters can just stroll into the ring any time of the year and perform at their best regardless of a training camp.
Thing is that in fight business any reasons real or fake said by the fighter will always sound as excuses. Mendes should know that. Also the fact that he gassed out in the first round tells me it is little something more than just a 3 week camp instead of his usual 6 weeks camp responsible for his gassing

Back