Chad Mendes Sets the Record Straight (Video)

Mendes had his way with Conor in round 1... that is a fact. If Mendes has a proper camp next time, he wins the fight. He will probably get his chance after Aldo beats up McGregor....

Win or lose against Frankie, that fight will happen.

If Frankie beats Mendes and Aldo beats McGregor, the losers will fight.

Either way, McGregor loses two in a row.

I think you are actually agreeing with me. He was out of shape. Period. That's what I was trying to say.

OH shit sorry - I though that you were saying that since he wasn't in shape to fight, somehow how long he had to fight affected that he wasn't ready.

looks like you know absolutely nothing about how much training it takes for a 5 round fight. You have to be in peak physical condition and its not something you can just stay in all the time

Who said anything about staying in "peak physical condition" all the time?

Whatever condition you're in, either take the fight or don't. He decided to take it and got beat. He's a professional fighter, he has no excuse to be gassing out 45 seconds into the fight, if he claims those body shots didn't hurt him.

Didn't Mendes state before the fight that he's never regally out of shape and felt like he'd perform better with the short camp?

From now on, for every title fight the next top 2 contenders should be training and ready to go with compensation. Mendes lost and he knew the risks, but he didn't have a proper camp and it showed. Same with hunt against Werdum. These guys are risking their rank and their title shots to save an event and do a favor for the company. There needs to be a pay off.

I preferred it in the post fight interview when he said he would 'definitely love another shot at McGregor with a full camp', which would obviously make a difference. To both fighters.

Coming out and saying it was all about the training camp when he got knocked out inside two rounds really is bad loser stuff and I expected better from Chad Mendes; he's always been one of the classier guys in the field.

On a side note with Frankie and Mendes right behind Connor and aldo I think k Connor should probably start learning how to fight off his back. No one wants to see a fight where he repeatedly gets taken down and GSP'd for 25 minutes

He came in out of shape, so he says, cause he lost. haha. It's a ready made excuse. How does he explain getting lit up in the first minute of the fight. Getting rocked with straight lefts and body shots? I don't care if your fight camp was 2 days, he is definitely capable of going a minute, right? He was already beaten after the first minute. I think we all saw that. He was getting tagged over and over.

The level of mindfucking needed to make a statement like this must be something.

He came in out of shape, so he says, cause he lost. haha. It's a ready made excuse. How does he explain getting lit up in the first minute of the fight. Getting rocked with straight lefts and body shots? I don't care if your fight camp was 2 days, he is definitely capable of going a minute, right? He was already beaten after the first minute. I think we all saw that. He was getting tagged over and over.

Exactly. And I found it funny he says "Conor better not go running up to LW" He obviously wants another big pay day. You know even though he was headlining with Lamas, Guida's base pay was more than his. :redface:

Didn't Mendes state before the fight that he's never regally out of shape and felt like he'd perform better with the short camp?

Did you watch the video? If you did, did you hear what he just said?

Yep, Full camp Mendes is just Full of shit Mendes. Hope Frankie makes him gas in the third.

From now on, for every title fight the next top 2 contenders should be training and ready to go with compensation. Mendes lost and he knew the risks, but he didn't have a proper camp and it showed. Same with hunt against Werdum. These guys are risking their rank and their title shots to save an event and do a favor for the company. There needs to be a pay off.

This actually isn't a bad idea at all.

Totally lost respect for Mendes with this one... Too bad. Used to like the guy. Now I hope he loses to Frankie The Decision Machine.

You gas in the championship rounds with a short camp. You don't "gas" in the first.

But it's clear Conor stole his soul. This ongoing, ever-growing excuse shit over 189 is the evidence. Chad's old character as a classy, professional competitor has been radically altered. McGregor's fists are the reason.

tumblr_lpxchhiIaG1qkiqdko1_500.gif

Did you watch the video? If you did, did you hear what he just said?

Yes I did. Doesn't change the fact that before the fight he was telling everyone that he took the fight because he's always in or close to fight shape.

Looks down to the ground right when he answers the question, lol body language.

All you guys bagging Mendez clearly have never stepped into the cage, its quiet obvious his gameplan was to KO Connor in round 1 as he knew his cardio wasnt up to scratch hence why he came out so aggressive, he showed he has no trouble taking down Connor and controlling him, I got no doubt with a full camp he could do it for 5 rounds

Dude gassed in the first 2 and half minutes. After Conor landed on him, not only did he start backing away circling, but his whole demeanor changed. Became gun shy immediately.

Same with every opponent of Conor. After he lands you can tell by their facial expression that they're like a lamb being led to slaughter and they know it. Look at Holloway, Siver, Chad, etc. As soon as Conor lands on them a couple of times, they barely attempt anything but circling away and in Chad's case, takedowns.

Conor trains with a healthy knee and a full wrestling camp = KO in 2 rounds.

In my opinion, if you take a fight on short notice and lose, you should can it with the excuses afterwards. A short notice fight is not a "free" fight, you don't get to just pretend like it never happened if you lost and celebrate it if you won. Connor had the same number of days to prepare for what is probably his second worst (Edgar being #1) style match up. It's not like before the fight, Mendes was talking like the short training camp was a problem.

Does it make a difference that Chad had a short camp? Yeah, but does it make Conor's win meaningless? Hell no. Conor wasn't training for a wrestler, he probably didn't train to grapple all that much, we all know that striking endurance and grappling endurance are different. Chad's cardio is not impeccable, he does get tired in fights. The fact of the matter is that Conor showed that all he would ever have to do to beat Chad is weather the storm, would he do that 10 times out of 10? No, but he showed that after Chad gets tired, he can get him out of there pretty easily.

All you guys bagging Mendez clearly have never stepped into the cage, its quiet obvious his gameplan was to KO Connor in round 1 as he knew his cardio wasnt up to scratch hence why he came out so aggressive, he showed he has no trouble taking down Connor and controlling him, I got no doubt with a full camp he could do it for 5 rounds

Why are you dismissing the fact that Conor's camp was centered around striking and they didn't even wrestle due to injury? You think full camp Conor would perform the same way?

Back