Chad Mendes Sets the Record Straight (Video)

Totally lost respect for Mendes with this one... Too bad. Used to like the guy. Now I hope he loses to Frankie The Decision Machine.

You gas in the championship rounds with a short camp. You don't "gas" in the first.

But it's clear Conor stole his soul. This ongoing, ever-growing excuse shit over 189 is the evidence. Chad's old character as a classy, professional competitor has been radically altered. McGregor's fists are the reason.

Are you a fucking fighter?

Have you been in a 5 round fight?

Then how the fuck do you know what it takes to gas and not to gas in a fight.

This is the most disgusting and shameful post I have ever seen.

Problem with Mendes' excuse of not being ready for a 5-round fight is that it only went TWO rounds! He didn't have the cardio to even go 2 fucking rounds?!?! Its bullshit. The reason he started to gas is, in fact, because of the numerous body shots, whether he wants to admit that or not.

looks like you know absolutely nothing about how much training it takes for a 5 round fight. You have to be in peak physical condition and its not something you can just stay in all the time

It wasn't even a two round fight.

Chad is salty.

Understandable after getting knocked out by someone he dosnt like.

Problem with Mendes' excuse of not being ready for a 5-round fight is that it only went TWO rounds! He didn't have the cardio to even go 2 fucking rounds?!?! Its bullshit. The reason he started to gas is, in fact, because of the numerous body shots, whether he wants to admit that or not.

I don't like to pick on fighters for stuff like this, but you are absolutely correct. I don't understand why people keep talking about 5 rounds. It would be a different story if he dominated the first 2, then looked like a zombie, and barely survived the last 3.

And the punches standing up before that. Regardless, Mendes didn't move or bother to try change his position. Turtling up is not the sign of someone who is fighting back.

It took a couple watches cause I was shocked that a guy screaming at a ref to save him - can actually win a fight. So i didn't watch it again for a long while.

Frankly I don't like Mendes or that AlphaMale brute force over brains or balls BS so it took a couple weeks but eventually I watched closely I realized Mendes humiliated McG and lost under peculiar circumstances and McG bettter have his excuses lined up against any Top 5 FW.
Thats said, even tho I don't like him, I agree with him full camp Mendes takes it 10 out of 10 times.

Totally lost respect for Mendes with this one... Too bad. Used to like the guy. Now I hope he loses to Frankie The Decision Machine.

You gas in the championship rounds with a short camp. You don't "gas" in the first.

But it's clear Conor stole his soul. This ongoing, ever-growing excuse shit over 189 is the evidence. Chad's old character as a classy, professional competitor has been radically altered. McGregor's fists are the reason.

I've never liked Mendes because I watched his fights in WEC. I think he's a 10x better fighter now but still has the same weaknesses. Eventually Mendes will gas, whether he has a full training camp or not. I do think Mendes probably could beat McGregor if he just stays on top of him.

But he's not beating Edgar outside of really solid punch to the chin. Edgar is the way better bjj grappler and boxer.

It took a couple watches cause I was shocked that a guy screaming at a ref to save him - can actually win a fight. So i didn't watch it again for a long while.

Frankly I don't like Mendes or that AlphaMale brute force over brains or balls BS so it took a couple weeks but eventually I watched closely I realized Mendes humiliated McG and lost under peculiar circumstances and McG bettter have his excuses lined up against any Top 5 FW.
Thats said, even tho I don't like him, I agree with him full camp Mendes takes it 10 out of 10 times.

yah ok there LOL.

I don't like to pick on fighters for stuff like this, but you are absolutely correct. I don't understand why people keep talking about 5 rounds. It would be a different story if he dominated the first 2, then looked like a zombie, and barely survived the last 3.

Cuz he trained fully for a three round fight. and only two weeks for a five round figh.

How is the Broscience degree going?

Notice how Mendes looks down nearly every time he says some bullshit. Keep lying to yourself little guy, you're not fooling anyone.

A lot of pro athletes in this thread. I agree with most of what he said, with the exception on the 10/10 line, but when it comes to post loss interviews, less is more, Chad. Conor deserves credit for beating a stylistic nightmare for him.

I've never liked Mendes because I watched his fights in WEC. I think he's a 10x better fighter now but still has the same weaknesses. Eventually Mendes will gas, whether he has a full training camp or not. I do think Mendes probably could beat McGregor if he just stays on top of him.

But he's not beating Edgar outside of really solid punch to the chin. Edgar is the way better bjj grappler and boxer.

Mendes is terrible. I agree, but he has payed his dues.

So he couldn't prep for 5 rounds in 2 weeks. He didn't even make it 2 rounds.

So ... huh?

He needs to stop whining, it makes him look like a sore loser. Maybe he should spend his down time in the gym instead of going out hunting, or whatever it was he was doing, especially around the same time period when Aldo is susceptible to pulling out of fights.

"He owes me a re-match" He owes you nothing. You came in out of shape by your own doing.

He came in out of shape, so he says, cause he lost. haha. It's a ready made excuse. How does he explain getting lit up in the first minute of the fight. Getting rocked with straight lefts and body shots? I don't care if your fight camp was 2 days, he is definitely capable of going a minute, right? He was already beaten after the first minute. I think we all saw that. He was getting tagged over and over.

Cuz he trained fully for a three round fight. and only two weeks for a five round figh.

How is the Broscience degree going?

I think you are actually agreeing with me. He was out of shape. Period. That's what I was trying to say.

wouldn't have matter if it was a 3 round fight he still didn't have a long enough camp. Man some fight fans are pretty ignorant, the guy states what any well knowledged fan already knows and people shit on him cause it goes against conor. I like both guys, wouldn't matter who person A or person B was in this scenario, you would have to understand he didn't have the proper time to prepare for that fight.

Back