Chad Mendes overlooked

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Mitchsmith08, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Mitchsmith08

Mitchsmith08 Orange Belt

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Chad Mendes is being overlooked? He lost to Aldo we all know that. I personally thought it was like the Cain vs JDS fight he just got caught don't think it would happen again and I really think Mendes could beat Aldo. Mendes finished his last two fights by KO in the first round. now he's fighting manny gamburyan who is 1-2 in the UFC I really think they need to start throwing some top guys at him because other than Aldo he hasn't had any competition in the UFC.

2. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

I think Mendez has a great shot to win the title if Aldo moves up to LW. I think i picked him as the title holder at the end of this year if Aldo moves up.

3. Unhallowed 33

Unhallowed 33 White Belt

He's in the same position Fitch was in a few years ago

4. El Chimpo

El Chimpo Cruel Man Platinum Member

building him back up....although they shouldnt be, its w.e ...couple highlight finishes and hes marketable for the shot again

5. CoutureIsMyHero

CoutureIsMyHero Blue Belt

Call me crazy but i still think he has a pretty good shot at beating Jose Aldo. Hate to sound like i'm making excuses for him, but who knows what would've happened had Aldo not held the cage. Possibly could've still ended up being knocked out, but definitely wouldn't have happened when it did.

6. sloter21

sloter21 Blue Belt

Would love to see a rematch between aldo and mendes. Was rooting for aldo the first fight second fight i think mendes takes it

7. LSXMMA

LSXMMA I posty..I sleepy..I eaty

Easy to be overlooked when the UFC has him on some world wide initiative to rid the world of pollution by recycling cans.

8. rl4090526

rl4090526 Purple Belt

He is getting the Fitch, DHK, Okami kind of treatment, he will need to get a string of good wins to get another shot because to be honest he isn't that exciting. He only KOed the last two cuz one of them was Cody, and one of them is an amateur.

Anyways about the Aldo fight.... ya it may be different ala Cain vs JDS saga. But, its hard to close in on Aldo cuz his knees are fuckin devastating. Anyways, Mendes needs to wait his turn, even if he may be the number 2 in the division, he aint number 2 contender.

9. FreeFocus

FreeFocus Yellow Belt

He should get a rematch, especially considering he would've gotten a takedown if Aldo hadn't grabbed the cage for dear life...

10. Thunderkraken

Thunderkraken Purple Belt

A big "lol" to you, sir.

11. iloveufc123

iloveufc123 UFC <3

The dude should definitely get a string of wins together,get a little streak going and then i i think he should get a shot at the belt.

12. rl4090526

rl4090526 Purple Belt

ya some people don't get that fighting Cody, and an amateur is not really significant at all. when there are other contenders out there that have better recent wins

13. kmill

kmill Blue Belt

not bein overlooked, it just makes sense for him to need a nice win streak before another shot at the title, especially since they have a good challenger in edgar right now. but people know how good mendes is, and he'll get another shot with probably 2 more good wins. maybe just one if things shake out right.

14. Guiltypartie101

Guiltypartie101 Orange Belt

Nah, he needs a couple more good wins. His last two fights were against guys that are not top tier fighters.

I know the UFC has been giving away some title shots lately, but lets not start thinking in those terms.

4 win streak and he's knocking on the door, FW is stacked these days.

15. rl4090526

rl4090526 Purple Belt

Not after Gamburyan. there are still guys like KZ, Koch, Lamas, and Swanson who have better recent wins even if Mendes KOs Gamburyan.

16. Fight Gone Bad

Fight Gone Bad Brown Belt

Mendes would have sat in his guard to end the round then get his face caved in the second round.

17. rl4090526

rl4090526 Purple Belt

Ya that's what I think. I don't know why his nuthuggers think that he can just lay on Aldo for 5 rounds lol. He would have got kneed at some point from trying too hard to take Aldo down and forcing to close the distance

18. MolesyMMA

MolesyMMA Silver Belt

There is quite the que at the top of the FW division.

5 seconds after he held the fence, he done the same thing and could only get Aldo to one knee. He also defended 6 other attempts easily.

19. ARONAbeetFEDOR

ARONAbeetFEDOR Blackest Belt

Cruz Whittaker Choi Till Adesanya Zabit O'Malley
    First of all, Aldo's TDD in that fight made Mendes look like some highschool freshman. Second of all, they want to build Mendes up again before giving him another shot. I fully believe Mendes will get another crack at the belt, he's the second best FW imo (no disrespect to Pat Curran).

20. IlFenomenoVero

IlFenomenoVero Purple Belt

Overlooked please who has he beaten Cody McKenzie.