Chad Mendes: "I'm not making excuses, but..." (RE: Conor)

"I was stuck"

Because he made you stuck Chad.

not sure why people give so much shit fighters do this. how else would a fighter get back into the octagon after losing? would you rather them just say, "ya i could never beat this guy, matter of fact why am i even fighting anymore when i can't even beat this guy."

fighting is mental and they have to rationalize a way to get back into the ring.

Whether you like him or not, or think that's true or not, it is an excuse.

In other words 'no comment' and no interview was a better choice if asked 'what would you have done differently in a rematch'?

Or just say- no rematch needed, he's a better fighter, he won, everyone saw that, a rematch wouldn't change a thing

You know what pisses me off? Everyone knows it should've been Frankie, and Frankie wouldn't be making any excuses. That's just the kind of guy he is.

Chad lobbied to get the fight and signed the contract. He has no business bitching about the outcome now.
Fighters have to train in order to win. Does that make sense to you? It's crazy that some fans are so delusional that even if you present them with clear facts they will still interpret that as irrelevant excuse making.

If Frankie lost and didn't bring up his lack of preparation he would have no reason to believe he had a chance in a rematch. Again, you have to train in order to win.

He is a big boy, he knew what he was getting into.

BUT, from an objective point of view , he didn't have enough time. 2 weeks for training + media stuff is not enough.

He was getting tagged standing even when he wasn't tired in round 1. He got rocked like 2 or 3 times.

No chance this guy lasts 5 rounds against Mcgregor without getting KO'd imo, even if he is in great shape.

''This is a super easy fight for me''. ''its just perfect, im so excited'', ''im gonna ruin your life''.

conor-mcgregor-belt.jpg

I don't know why people act as though late notice isn't a factor. Remember how Weidman looked against Maia on 11 days notice? He certainly looked a lot different with a full camp, and he specifically commented about how much better he performs with a full camp. It's a factor, plain and simple. A lot of bettors will opt out of playing someone on short notice too and odds typically are not the same as they would be with a full camp. There is also a reason Zuffa paid more for him to take the fight too - it's a risk as they know he isn't fully prepared.

Chad "mini" Mendes was able to go in there with no preparation and still rest his balls on Conor's forehead.

Think about that. All that trash talk from Conor about Chad being a midget with T-Rex arms who can't do anything but wrestle. Then, come fight time, Conor finds himself flat on his back, pleading with the ref for a stand up while Chad "mini" Mendes laid his balls on Conor's forehead. lol.

That's the type of thing Conor will never live down.

The thing is everyone saw that fight. Connors wrestling was exposed, everyone will attempt to take him down now. Mendes should just keep quiet because he gains nothing by speaking on the matter.

People just want to whine about something.
More like whenever any fighter makes a statement about factors that they personally believe decided the outcome of a fight they lost, it's an "excuse".

Chad "mini" Mendes was able to go in there with no preparation and still rest his balls on Conor's forehead.

Think about that. All that trash talk from Conor about Chad being a midget with T-Rex arms who can't do anything but wrestle. Then, come fight time, Conor finds himself flat on his back, pleading with the ref for a stand up while Chad "mini" Mendes laid his balls on Conor's forehead. lol.

Lol mcgregor haters STILL in denial about this fight.

Really Chad - he looked pretty tired within the first 30 seconds or so from the kicks.

More like whenever any fighter makes a statement about factors that they personally believe decided the outcome of a fight they lost, it's an "excuse".

If it's not an excuse then what is it?

It's obviously an excuse. People are going to target any fighter that does this. Sherdog shit's on anyone who makes excuses.

Even harder to live down would be the following:

[GFY]GreedyHealthyCob[/GFY]

McGrbSI.gif

Fight%2BFinish%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BChad%2BMendes.gif

[GFY]ReadySinfulBoilweevil[/GFY]

It's a late notice fight. Any moron can understand he wasn't fully prepared. And yes, the same result could have followed, but the facts are the facts.

It doesn't matter if it was short notice, if he's stupid enough to go into a fight unprepared, I have no sympathy for him

I am not making excuses but I am making excuses.

It doesn't matter if it was short notice, if he's stupid enough to go into a fight unprepared, I have no sympathy for him

Sorry, that makes no sense. That is what the definition of a short notice is which is possibly not being fully prepared.

Whether full notice would have made a difference we don't knew unless there's a rematch. And if Chad loses again then he will have no excuse.

Chad Mendes is trying to talk his way into another 500,000$ fight. After his 5 minutes of fame (thanks to Conor), he's back to the 25k/25k payscale.

Back