Chad Mendes: "I'm not making excuses, but..." (RE: Conor)

I never knew there wasn't a significant difference between a 2 week camp & an 8-10 week camp until all the Mcgregor fans blessed me with this knowledge. Now I know. Wonder why people even still do 10 week camps when it's obvious that whether it's a 2 week, 8 week, 10 week...MEHHH, it's all the same. Lol.

He was so close? What was he so close to?

There was still three rounds left

So when you lose, how do you make an analysis of how you can approach a fight differently without making an excuse?

Or do you just don't analyze what you do wrong?

"If he hadn't punched me so hard then I would've made it to round three!"

If he gassed in the 4th or 5th round, I'd buy it. But he didn't. He gassed after a ton of body shots. Not sure how extra time in the gym keeps you from gassing when someone is working the body that well.

So in other words he's saying that's why he lost?
Well, actually, all he said was that he would defeat Conor if he had more time to prepare. He did not in fact attribute his loss solely to that, although one could make that interpretation if they wanted. But of course, many fans will boil down complex match ups like these to highly simple affairs that are decided by only one or two factors.

He shouldn't have gone for that choke yet did anyway, for example. There are people on here making it seem like his guillotine is anywhere close to that of Faber or Benavidez... it's not, much easier to counter, etc.

I'm not making excuses but if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle and what we did is gay !!!

Muricans making excuses. Typical. See how that works?

The reality is that he is telling the truth. We know it would go differently had he or McGregor had a full camp for each other.

Doesn't mean he would win though.

What he should have said is something like: "I'm not saying this is why I lost THIS fight, but with a full training camp I would win a rematch".

That actually would have made a huge difference, but when you say that "with a full training camp I win this fight every-time" it changes the meaning of the statement.

The reality is that he is telling the truth. We know it would go differently had he or McGregor had a full camp for each other.

Doesn't mean he would win though.

Yes exactly. How does anyone analyze a fight without it sounding like an excuse. He wasn't totally dominated. And he's not making some ridiculous excuse either. They are all within reason.

But like you said, the outcome might come out the same. We will only know after a rematch.

I bet after Cain/JDS 1, no one would have believed Cain would beat JDS in a rematch. If Cain had an excuse, it became a fact after the rematch.

Yes exactly. How does anyone analyze a fight without it sounding like an excuse. He wasn't totally dominated. And he's not making some ridiculous excuse either. They are all within reason.

But like you said, the outcome might come out the same. We will only know after a rematch.

I bet after Cain/JDS 1, no one would have believed Cain would beat JDS in a rematch. If Cain had an excuse, it became a fact after the rematch.

People just want to whine about something.

Wasn't it Chad himself who said he's always training and it doesn't matter whether he's in camp or not, he's fully prepared?

Whether you like him or not, or think that's true or not, it is an excuse.

He and everyone in his camp who claimed he was ready to go, who claimed he was looking sensational in training and would smash Conor should issue an apology for misleading the public. Give Aldo credit. He was not going to fight injured when he could have and had a better excuse than Chad if he lost. Mendes taking this fight and leaving a fully fit Frankie on the sidelines is very poor in my opinion. Unless of course Chad was actually good to go and just got beat fair and square by Conor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back