Chad Mendes: "I'm not making excuses, but..." (RE: Conor)

What he really meant to say, was that a guy who moves out of the way of Conors clean, devastating, body shots and takes him down might have a chance to win.

PS: we all knew this was a built in excuse for the fight, most even said it weeks before the fight was set. Its a shame he had to resort to buying the BS and using it as an excuse.

"The only thing he could do is tag me on my feet"

Uhhh, hate to tell you chad, but MMA isn't wrestling. Being good on your feet takes up a huge percentage of the game.

I read an explanation for why he lost and what he needed to do in order to win....what are the excuses everyone else read?

"110-percent, no doubt in my mind," Mendes said. "I'm not making excuses. I'm not sitting here saying that's the reason why I lost. But I feel that if I am completely prepared for that fight, I win that fight. Every single time."

He is blatantly saying that he lost because he didn't have a full camp. Not saying that this excuse has no merit whatsoever, but it is in fact an excuse.

He agreed to the fight, regardless of short notice. If he feels that the outcome would be completely different given a full camp, then he should just focus on making that a reality. I can understand where he's coming from, but absolutely no one is going to care to listen to any excuses and it's not going to get him another fight any sooner.

lol mendes you fool

tumblr_ly76xfHHWq1qb4op4o1_r1_500.gif

Well he had the same amount of time to prepare for Conor as Conor had to prepare for him. I am sure Mendes would have done better most likely but with a whole camp to prepare for fighting against a wrestler who's sole purpose would be taking you down, I'd be willing to bet Conor would have had a better answer for that aspect as well. Let him win a few fights and maybe he can get another shot.

So he would've won,if he didn't lose...?

Lol.. I like Mendes.. But come on. You accepted the fight.

Maybe he will get his chance in a rematch next year either way if Conor wins/loses to Aldo

2 weeks training for half a million payday.

We know why you did it Chad. Now man up to your decision.

He didn't really make excuses, except criticizing his own game, so I don't know why people are bitching.

Also, you're lying to yourself if you think Mendes 'can't' beat McGregor.

It's funny how quickly people forget Mendes was putting it on Conor too before the final round when Chad gassed and had his hands down leaning against the cage.

But the fact is Chad has the tools to finish McGregor. And if he earns a rematch I'll bet on him again.

He didn't really make excuses, except criticizing his own game, so I don't know why people are bitching.

Also, you're lying to yourself if you think Mendes 'can't' beat McGregor.

It's funny how quickly people forget Mendes was putting it on Conor too before the final round when Chad gassed and had his hands down leaning against the cage.

But the fact is Chad has the tools to finish McGregor. And if he earns a rematch I'll bet on him again.

"Sherdog gonna.."

Agree with the bolded.

as i said, the reason he gassed was because hes never fought anyone with that in your face style. it completely caught him off guard. conor is a high pace fighter but he turned it up even more for this fight because he knew mendes bodybuilder physique couldn't handle it.

I read an explanation for why he lost and what he needed to do in order to win....what are the excuses everyone else read?

Problem is, cant every fighter that ever got starched since the beginning of time, offer the same shit story after his starching?

Maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't win the fight with a full camp. We don't know for sure. That being said, when someone starts off with "I'm not making excuses" and then continues talking expect the next thing out of his mouth to be an excuse.

It's similar to when people say things like "I'm not racist but (insert really racist statement)".

Back