Chad Mendes: "I'm not making excuses, but..." (RE: Conor)

Winston Wolf

Problem solver
@red
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/9...regor-with-a-full-camp-i-win-that-fight-every

"110-percent, no doubt in my mind," Mendes said. "I'm not making excuses. I'm not sitting here saying that's the reason why I lost. But I feel that if I am completely prepared for that fight, I win that fight. Every single time."

"His only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet," Mendes said. "And you know, he does a really good job of being in your face. He has that, like, Diaz style of punching. But anyone who can move around and stay light on their feet and take this dude down wins that fight every single time. I just, after scrambling around, and fighting for the amount of time that I did, I just wasn't able to get back to my feet and be light on my feet.

"I was stuck, and that's when he was able to tee off and that's why I lost. So I truly believe that if I was able to keep that bounce in my step and move my feet, keep that footwork going, that I wouldn't have been tagged and the round would've ended. We would've gone back and round three would've been just like round two. So it sucks. I think that's the hardest part, because I know I can beat this guy, and I was so close."

People clearly don't realize the impact of the body kicks that took Mendes' gas tank away... Full camp or not they would have had the same impact if not just taking a longer period of time... The pain of being beaten in the body is worse than being hit in the head.

So in other words he's saying that's why he lost?

You're a pro fighter arguably the second best in your division. You should be ready to fight beat anyone on pretty much any notice. The fact you lost, for whatever the reason, means you're not as good as you thought you were.

635702536216123413.jpg

You're a pro fighter arguably the second best in your division. You should be ready to fight beat anyone on pretty much any notice. The fact you lost, for whatever the reason, means you're not as good as you thought you were.

Said no one ever

When fighters say I'm not making excuses, but (here's an excuse), it makes my day.

The dude just sounds sour and childish. That said, I had the displeasure of meeting him in Sac some time back and he came off like a high school jock bully in a miniature frame, so these kinds of comments don't shock me.

OK killer...

Weidman looked like shit when he fought Maia on 2 weeks notice.

Guess he's not very good either :rolleyes:

I'm not making excuses but, These are my excuses

For fuck's sake.

Mendes just never learns does he?

Or maybe Chad is just a bloated bantamweight bodybuilder + Conor's constant pressure = TKO?

Fully prepared Mendes still loses by TKO in the 3rd round.

Damn Chad you need to focus on EdGoat.
Forget about Conor for now.

Everyone who takes him down wins the fight? Well he did take him down but Conor got back up every time. He doesn't remember that?

It's a late notice fight. Any moron can understand he wasn't fully prepared. And yes, the same result could have followed, but the facts are the facts.

"We would've gone back and round three would've been just like round two."

Erm...ahh...., Chad you got KTFO in round two. lol.

Sounds like Pettis. You took the fight under those circumstances, deal with it.

Guy is so annoying. Mendes lost before they even stepped in the cage. He doesnt have the mind nor the talent to beat Conor, even if he had 10 weeks to prepare. Im going to absolutely love it if they let Conor fight him again with a full camp just to hear the next excuse. Maybe it will be he "overtrained" :icon_lol: next time

OK killer...

Weidman looked like shit when he fought Maia on 2 weeks notice.

Guess he's not very good either :rolleyes:

Thats because of the weight cut though. Pretty sure Chad doesnt have a cut even remotely as hard as Weidman. Weidman probably puts on more weight in between fights than Chad.

I also think he had a flue or cold during that fight too...could be wrong though

What's he upset about? He made as much money in that fight as he did in his previous nineteen fights combined. That's a win in my book.

Guy is so annoying. Mendes lost before they even stepped in the cage. He doesnt have the mind nor the talent to beat Conor, even if he had 10 weeks to prepare. Im going to absolutely love it if they let Conor fight him again with a full camp just to hear the next excuse. Maybe it will be he "overtrained" :icon_lol: next time

Thats because of the weight cut though. Pretty sure Chad doesnt have a cut even remotely as hard as Weidman. Weidman probably puts on more weight in between fights than Chad.

I also think he had a flue or cold during that fight too...could be wrong though
So basically all your excuses are okay because you like weidman as a fighter, but mendes's are not.

Lol

Tito Ortiz is famous for this ..

"i'm not making excuses but I injured myself during camp" - Crowd Boos...

Everyone who takes him down wins the fight? Well he did take him down but Conor got back up every time. He doesn't remember that?
Clearly you don't remember because the first round the only reason he got up was because it was the end of the round

You know what pisses me off? Everyone knows it should've been Frankie, and Frankie wouldn't be making any excuses. That's just the kind of guy he is.

Chad lobbied to get the fight and signed the contract. He has no business bitching about the outcome now.

You know what pisses me off? Everyone knows it should've been Frankie, and Frankie wouldn't be making any excuses. That's just the kind of guy he is.

Chad lobbied to get the fight and signed the contract. He has no business bitching about the outcome now.
Frankie would be making as well. As would any fighter who had that much success only to lose based on what seemed like lack of conditioning. I'd like to see a rematch between conor and Chad both with a full training camp to prepare for one another. That's the only way we'll know for sure

Who wouldn't like to see full-camp Mendes vs full-camp 100% ACL McGregor? All of those are legit factors, and I have no idea why people are being bitches about it.

I support excuses. Dismissing them automatically is an intellectual cop-out.

"I'm not sitting here saying that's the reason why I lost. But I feel that if I am completely prepared for that fight, I win that fight. Every single time." - Chad Mendes

ill be routing against him from now on lol

if that fight didnt end in the 2nd round, I think chad wouldve gotten heavily dominated based on how tired he was.

I read an explanation for why he lost and what he needed to do in order to win....what are the excuses everyone else read?

Conor kicked the shit out of him.

Kicked his heart out.

Boy got a whoopin.

if a person opens with "i'm not making an excuse", then they're making an excuse

He made $500,000...he did just fine. :)

I do wish Chad had been humble, took the loss in his stride and waited for the rematch. That being said; when they have their rematch, I will be putting money on Mendes (again).

He seems to forget that when he has a full camp for Conor, Conor will have a full camp for him and not for Aldo.
And that also makes a huge difference, I don't think the end result would be much different.

I'm not making excuses, but, I'm about to make an excuse. Fuccccboi!

"his only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet"..... Which he did. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back