Chad Mendes: "If I'm completely prepared I win that fight every single time."

Old news at this point. They'll have a second go at it down the road. Looking forward to it.

This is something I'll never understand.
Why do this? Have you lost your brain???

I mean, who are we talking about?
A f'ing fighter. An elite fighter who was the #2 in the world, behind only the champion.

WTF do you expect him to say? That he knew he'd lose?
Obviously he will have those reasonings why he lost.

And I bet COnor had them too. If he'd lose you would hear how he was injured in training, how he didn't prepare for a wrestler, and so on!

Those are not simple excuses, but it is something that anyone who plays a sport such as MMA, that have the confidence that they can beat anyone in the world, would have reasons why they fail. because without them, they'd have no hope to ever compete in this sport!

Seriously, MMA has the worse type of fans EVER! No class, no respect! :redface:

get off your high horse, ya goof.

This was 180 excuse making 101 and this is a forum to discuss MMA related things. Deal with it.

instincts took over and he got burned. That is burned in and I suggest extra training would not help.

Do you guys think Conor would beat a full camp Mendes on 2 weeks notice?

So many excuses lol U just lost to the better fighter. Please cope with it

i dont know what people expect mendes to say?

"i dont have a chance to beat the number 1 draw in the sport today so never give me that rematch"

wtf

although i have no problem with mendes statement i picked him to lose the first time and i'd pick him to lose again. both mendes and aldo have below average cardio for the division. both are just so good that nobody can push a pace on them. conor is a pressure fighter that will just force a pace on mendes. mendes will gas vs conor in a 5 round fight eventually. it doesnt mean he loses necessarily but i predict he would

Full camp gives you the luxury of game-planning and opponent-specific training.

A good strategy and sufficient training is essential against a sophisticated southpaw like McGregor.

Then he should have turned the fight down.. Don't take the fight, hype it up, lose and pile on the excuses.

Meh, Matt Hughes talked about not training for fights and he said it would only affect you in the championship rounds. Full camp or not, he got KO'd in the second before any effects of a short camp would have.

Full camp gives you the luxury of game-planning and opponent-specific training.

A good strategy and sufficient training is essential against a sophisticated southpaw like McGregor.

where as conor was preparing for a wrestler and his strength is wrestling?

cardio aside, a short prep favors mendes. mendes gameplan is to play to his strength and his base, wrestling. conor needs to focus on his weakness TDD, which he didnt have time to prepare for

im not saying conor was at a disadvantage because cardio is huge but gameplan and preparation wise it does favor mendes

He seemed pretty sure he was going to win the first time too.

he could of just been trying to sell the fight , but i agree i though mendes would beat Conor quite handily but i was wrong . I'm sure he's just trying to get more of the McGregor money

Even the lowest ranked guys in that weight class don't gas. The number 2 guy in the division can't last 2 rounds???

you truly, truly don't know shit about strength and conditioning if your serious about that argument....

why do you think fighters have camps in the first place?

If I'm "completely prepared" I would beat Chad Mendes too.

If I'm "completely prepared" I would beat Chad Mendes too.

if im completely prepared i show up to an award show and steal scarlett johanson and megan fox away from their dates and hook up a 3some

if im completely prepared i show up to an award show and steal scarlett johanson and megan fox away from their dates and hook up a 3some

Tell me how does one prepare to do that?

TEACH ME MASTER!!!!

I'm glad he takes responsibility for that crappy pass and guillotine he shouldn't have chased.

That would have been his moment to catch his breath

Back