Chad Mendes goes in on Duane Ludwig

Skydome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's been over a year since Duane Ludwig left his post as head coach of Team Alpha Male, and frankly, Chad Mendes is sick of hearing about it.

"I don't know what the hell Duane is talking about," Mendes said Tuesday on The MMA Hour. "I'm tired of hearing about Duane and him ruling our team. Duane came here to Team Alpha Male for a short amount of time, and Duane did what he did, but I'd say 95-percent of our wins when he was here we would've won anyway.

"We put Duane on the map. Before that, Duane was a fighter who fought in the UFC who most people didn't even know about."

"When he got the offer, he basically said it's like coming to a garage full of Ferraris and Lamborghinis," Mendes said. "He's going to fine tune some things and those cars are going to run like hell. That's basically how it was.

"For him to say that if I would've worked with him, I'd be champion? That, to me, is a dig at me. That's disrespectful and I don't think that's true. I did work with him. I'm not a champion. For him, his three things, I don't know what the hell he's talking about, and like I said, to me it's disrespectful, and I'm just tired of hearing about it."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/4...d-of-hearing-about-duane-ludwig-we-made-duane

Ye i saw that and was very suprised. Every bit of his success from the first Aldo fight to the last, he attributed to Bang.

Source: post fight interviews.

Hell the whole team and the UFC brass attributed all of TAM's success at one point in time to Bang Ludwig. Can't deny his impact. He does sound like an asshole sometimes though. Maybe Chad doesnt appreciate it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chads got a point... It almost seems as if Ludwig has been badmouthing TAM lately.

Dude helped Dillishaw beat a depleted Barao and Joe Soto and now he thinks he's the hottest thing on the market.

Domin8or was probably right when he said he could be Bangs coach lol.

Its time now for TJ Dillashaw to turn heel

He's probably right about the putting him on the map part. I really hadn't heard anything about Ludwig coaching before he went to TAM.

He will never be a champion.. and I feel that his striking has deteriorated since Bang left after the almost instant huge uptick when Bang arrived..

So he may just work with him.

hahaha somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed and drank some bitter coffee :icon_twis

hopefully this furthers the rift and causes TJ to move camps. in the lighter divisions striking and TKD are more important then wrestling and guillotines. I'm not a TJ fan, but compares to urijah and chad he'll do.

TAM definitely put Ludwig on the map as a coach, but Mendes is kidding himself if he doesn't think his striking improved immensely under Bang's tutelage. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the only TAM fighter to hold a belt still works closely with Bang.

TAM didn't put him on the map, Rogan did. Rogan can't shut up about him, even long after he left. Every single time a TAM fighter throws a feint, Rogan brings up Ludwig.

Mendes still crying because Conor was way too much for him.

So he's mad at a guy who is criticizing his work ethic, while complaining he lost his last fight because he was out drinking and shooting stuff?????

Makes sense...

Chads got a point... It almost seems as if Ludwig has been badmouthing TAM lately.

Dude helped Dillishaw beat a depleted Barao and Joe Soto and now he thinks he's the hottest thing on the market.

Domin8or was probably right when he said he could be Bangs coach lol.

Wow lol

TAM definitely put Ludwig on the map as a coach, but Mendes is kidding himself if he doesn't think his striking improved immensely under Bang's tutelage. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the only TAM fighter to hold a belt still works closely with Bang.

I think it has more to do with Aldo being there than anything Chad could really do, Bang or not. If Aldo weren't there Chad would have been champ, imo.

Haha. Were you calling him that before he got the brakes beat off of him?

The first fight was definitely a shocker however when the ongoing rumors of him continuing to struggle with the weight cut was capped off with him fainting prior to weigh ins there was doubt in my mind about his future at BW.

Looked horrible in the Gagnon fight and gassed in the second round of the TJ rematch. At this point I think any decent BW who can make it past the second could give Barao a run for his money.

Barao is an excellent and a great win for TJ but he clearly has no business at BW anymore.

Ye i saw that and was very suprised. Every bit of his success from the first Aldo fight to the last, he attributed to Bang.

Source: post fight interviews.

Hell the whole team and the UFC brass attributed all of TAM's success at one point in time to Bang Ludwig. Can't deny his impact. He does sound like an asshole sometimes though. Maybe Chad doesnt appreciate it?

What impact??Benavidez and Faber got KO'ed thanks to Bang after doing much better in the first fight without him.

Let Ronda fight Bethe with Bang and she'll win anyway.Just like TAM fighters would've won those fights without him too.

Chad Mendes should stfu, I love him in the cage, but gosh, everyone never stopped shutting up about Duane when he was there and they were all on a tear. How can you? He's a great coach, and sure Dominick made a comment some people agree with, but Dominick could benefit too, I'm pretty sure TJ like MM with their lesser skilled movement compared to prime Cruz, is bad habits mixed with a partial or halfway complete understanding of efficient-active-movement. Duane Ludwig is underrated especially by Cruz. He was overrated for awhile but that hasn't been coming from anyone else but him for awhile, and it's messed up, not just because Duane is feeling himself.

The first fight was definitely a shocker however when the ongoing rumors of him continuing to struggle with the weight cut was capped off with him fainting prior to weigh ins there was doubt in my mind about his future at BW.

Looked horrible in the Gagnon fight and gassed in the second round of the TJ rematch. At this point I think any decent BW who can make it past the second could give Barao a run for his money.

Barao is an excellent and a great win for TJ but he clearly has no business at BW anymore.

OK. Fair enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back