Chad Mendes confirms report he tested positive due to skin cream for plaque psoriasis

I think rather than "confirms report" it should be

Chad Mendes CLAIMS positive due to skin cream.

If it was a genuine story, first, he had to get hold of a cream that seemingly isnt available in the US, and secondly, if it was genuinely medically prescribed then he almost certainly would have got a reduction in his sentance if hed been able to prove the medical history etc. He didnt.
I think he's full of it tbh. Afaik it's a peptide that has never been approved for human use, so it can only been found through "other" venues. And all those who I know who used it had to pin it, because allegedly it has poor oral bioavailability; through the skin it would even been worse.

P.S. found the oral biovailability (2%!). Skin cream my ass.

https://books.google.it/books?id=Un...AD#v=onepage&q=ghrp 6 bioavailability&f=false

Most dermatologists are prescribing Clobetasol for psoriasis now, or Hydrocortisone Valerate, or both.

Source: I have Psoriasis.

Yeh, here hydrocortisone is usually the first stop. An ex'es brother had it really really bad, and hydrocortisone was the standard even in that case.

of course, Clobetasol is not banned, Hydrocortisone isnt prohibited a long as its a cream. some injections are prohibited in competition.

As I said in a previous thread on this topic, if you've been taking this cream your whole life, then

A) Why are you only failing a drug test now from it when you've been tested many times before this while supposedly being on this same cream?
B) Why have you never asked for a TUE to use this cream before, if as you say you can't get through a training camp without it?

I'm not defending Mendes, but I can attest to the "spotty" nature of psoriasis. It tends to flare up for a variety of reasons at vaious times of year. Even something as simple as taking too hot a shower can trigger it.

It's probable he was only using the cream when needed(which is what they advise you to do once they've determined what works for you) for when his psoriasis flared up. I don't know if GHRP-6 was on NSAC's banned list, or even being tested for since it's a peptide, and not an anabolic agent.

He may not have thought there was anything to worry about with using the cream(again I'm not defending him, he 100% should have looked up the ingredients to make sure it wasn't in violation of USADA before putting it on, and applied for a TUE even if it wasn't on the list of banned substances just to be safe) since he never failed for, or had trouble with it before.

You guys really think that Romero could get his sentence shortened but Chad couldnt? This isnt true.

Goddamn HGH always getting in my acne cream.
Kek.

"Simply rinse face, apply, and let sit to begin your journey to claim the softest, smoothest skin that- GRAAAWW!!! HULK SMASH!!!

He was probably made smoothies with that cream
His dinner with that cream
Used the cream as a spread for his toast

I don't buy that bullshit for a second...

Manlet+army+has+his+back+_2b645badef312dec7fef6c7a23126561.jpg

All he did was google shit until he found something with that ingredient, USADA won't buy it, but some on here will.

If he really got that GHRP-6 in his system with a skincream, which I think isnt even possible, he for sure would have tried to talk about it to get out of his suspension but hes just accepting it which makes no sense.. Obviously he thinks his "fans" are dumb as fuck too if he really thought people gonna believe this.

I'm not defending Mendes, but I can attest to the "spotty" nature of psoriasis. It tends to flare up for a variety of reasons at vaious times of year. Even something as simple as taking too hot a shower can trigger it.

It's probable he was only using the cream when needed(which is what they advise you to do once they've determined what works for you) for when his psoriasis flared up. I don't know if GHRP-6 was on NSAC's banned list, or even being tested for since it's a peptide, and not an anabolic agent.

He may not have thought there was anything to worry about with using the cream(again I'm not defending him, he 100% should have looked up the ingredients to make sure it wasn't in violation of USADA before putting it on, and applied for a TUE even if it wasn't on the list of banned substances just to be safe) since he never failed for, or had trouble with it before.

Yes it was always on NSAC's banned list.

Worth nothing as well, he was banned when they detected it, not prior to that, which would suggest he also didnt list it on his pre test questionairre of medicine/supplements he was taking.

If he had done, he would have been suspended for admitting a violation straight away. he wasnt.

this thread needs a "do you believe him" poll

some of you are really fucking naive.

do you guys understand how easy it is to get banned for a substance and google search creams or supplements that might have said substance and use that as an excuse?

I wonder if fighters/managers/roid dealers have a list of tainted supplements that USADA doesn't know about.
There are 10's of 1000's of OTC supplements out there.

Fighter tests positive.
Someone helps them find which OTC supplement contains traces of it, then fighter submits the name of this supplement to the authorities.
Possible?

This has been my thought all along for years. Identify a product that has something that would cause a positive drug test (ie DHEA - it won't do shit, but will likely cause a positive test), and use that as your fall back excuse. McGwire pulled that off years ago, and all those useless sports reporters who knew nothing, attributed McGwire's muscles to some shitty DHEA. Its so simple and I have no doubt that is the strategy being used today.

Yes it was always on NSAC's banned list.

Worth nothing as well, he was banned when they detected it, not prior to that, which would suggest he also didnt list it on his pre test questionairre of medicine/supplements he was taking.

If he had done, he would have been suspended for admitting a violation straight away. he wasnt.

Interesting. Wasn't his failed test a random test? Do they have you fill out a questionaire for a random test?

Edit: I'm not arguing, I'm just trying to understand the process.

Relax and take notes as I takes tokes of Mendes fake smoke. Mendes team should know everything that goes in his body, and make sure it's okay. If they don't do that. I don't feel sorry for him. Plus let that chin heal, he needs a break.

Plus a anti ringworm cream is not a face acne cream.

2 years of his prime gone because of a cream, these fighters really need to do their due dilligence.

It's still considered an experimental peptide and can only be purchased for "experimental" purposes. You can't legally buy a psoriasis treatment cream with this substance in it. And he could probably press charges against and/or sue whoever sold him the cream, if this was true.

But it's not true.

Back