Chad Mendes: Aldo's power and speed (in kicks) is 10x more than Conor

I don't believe those gifs accurately portray being "wobbled, or rocked".

no they don't in the shot where aldo lost his balance look at his foot placement, he has his feet to narrow which is why he can't just absorb the power in mendes strike and instead momentarily loses balance, he's back to his feet though faster than mendes can even react.

He is definitely faster, not sure about power, but Aldo also almost finished Chad in round 1 so he has got power for sure.

The only time chad was ever hurt in that fight was when aldo landed that late punch....

Yet look at what happened when Mendes tried the same level change fake uppercut set up against Conor. Mendes even sells the fake level change even better against Conor

I've broken it down several times. Here it is.

3%2Buppercut.gif

-Mendes fients.Aldo gets drawn out to jab.Mendes slips low.Aldo drops hands thinking to defend a double.Mendes slaughters him with an uppercut follow up.Aldo's hands were down and he was leaning into it.

SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

Here Mendes uses the same set up against Conor. In fact Mendes sells the fake even better against Conor (but Conor is simply on another level)

-Conor subtley brings hips back and shoots a counter left down as Mendes fakes the level change. Already Conor's reads and reactions are far superior

-Conor pre-emptively ducks to his right knowing Mendes would return. Conor slips out of range from the follow up uppercut. Conor's awareness and defense are far superior to Aldos

-Conor uses a stiff arm on Mendes bicep as hes exiting to deflect Mendes chasing right widely off course

-Conor stops, plants his feet, DUCKS to his left to duck Mendes left hook, and then Conor comes up with a HARD counter to the body

Fucking flawless from Conor. Simply BEAUTIFUL.There is NO ONE IN MMA on Conor's level in striking skill, IQ, reactions, defense, movement, reads, countering etc

Conor's skills are on another level plain and simple. The footage doesnt lie.

It doesnt stop there. We can also talk about Aldo's same predictable patterns and over reactions to fients vs Conor's unpredictable patterns, lead hand game/probes/fients/set ups....

Or Aldo's basic movement vs Conor's angles, feet positioning, hop steps, lead foot step ins and step outs/distance deception methods to create more countering oppurtunitues

Still spewing your single gif analysis. You're a joke, kid. Every thread you start with this shit ends up with you getting destroyed. You don't know shit.

All you have to do is look at conor's record. The guy has just about all wins in the 1st round. When you get rid of that many guys in the 1st round, you hit fucking hard. He's ko'd guys with glancing blows.

Mendes said it best.

It's not that he hits extremely hard

It's that he's extremely accurate.

And accuracy kills.

When you're able to pump decently technical straights at an accurate pace with 4oz gloves. People are going to drop.

EDIT: McGregor hits hard, just not as hard is everyone is saying.

lol at people argueing with mendes

he has nothing to gain by insulting conor

aldo destroys conor

He said power and speed in his kicks.

Conor is obviously a harder puncher.

Also, why would Mendes be butthurt about Conor, when he lost to both guys.

That KO from Aldo in the 1st fight was waaay more brutal and humiliating than the one from Conor.

AldoMendesII.gif

that fight was more a fluke knee though. Plus it caught chad off guard. Conor just broke chad down with power and power shots to the body, then finally one punch to the jaw.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a Conor nuthugger. But for that guy to say that Chad was winning the war on the feet is complete nonsense. Conor is probably the best boxer in his weight class; or, rather, the best guy on his feet trading blows in his weight class.

Chad is coming off really badly here because it's one thing for him to say that he dominated the wrestling and the grappling but it's entirely another for him to say that he had the advantage over Conor on the feet. That just did not happen.

Mendes with a full camp, Edgar with a full camp and Aldo doing a full camp will all be extremely tough match ups for Conor and I'd put most of them at 50/50 (or thereabouts), but at any point to suggest that Chad had the better of Conor on the feet is just out of order and not true.
That bullshit is so old

"Im a Conor fan, BUT"

Stop it. Youre not fooling anyone.

And even if you are some how a "fan," that doenst give more sudden weight to your opinion

Youre still hilariously ignorant/delusional for saying, "Edgar/Mendes/Aldo are all 50/50 fights...Conor already proved Mendes wasnt on his level...and skill wise and stylistically Aldo is an even easier fight for Conor.

Last edited:
Really hard to understand what Mendes wants from all his butthurting and sore losing and excuses. He wanted snuggles with McGregor in the ring after the fight and couldn't stop thanking him. Now he wants the fight restarted at the second round with a full camp, and a beginner boxing class and his hunting rifle.

I'm starting to be embarrassed for the guy honestly. Sure, he's being asked but he could easily just say "I lost the fight". Move on with your life, Mendes.

Really hard to understand what Mendes wants from all his butthurting and sore losing and excuses. He wanted snuggles with McGregor in the ring after the fight and couldn't stop thanking him. Now he wants the fight restarted at the second round with a full camp, and a beginner boxing class and his hunting rifle.

I'm starting to be embarrassed for the guy honestly. Sure, he's being asked but he could easily just say "I lost the fight". Move on with your life, Mendes.

He adds many critical points about fighting each fighter. It makes for great discussions.

But you'll skip that because you are dragging McGregor nuts across your bum.

that fight was more a fluke knee though. Plus it caught chad off guard. Conor just broke chad down with power and power shots to the body, then finally one punch to the jaw.

fluke?

conor getting up from getting elbowed by chad was a fluke then.

stop being dumb. aldo rekt chad twice already.

He adds many critical points about fighting each fighter. It makes for great discussions.

But you'll skip that because you are dragging McGregor nuts across your bum.

Oh here's a quality poster. Didn't you lose an account bet on that fight? And here you are. Welched eh? Unsurprising.

Lol wut? He DID finish chad in the first. Aldo is better everywhere except MAYBE accuracy. And with his great defense and boxing, conor won't get to land his big, timed, shots on the temple.

I am aware of that, I was talking about the 2nd fight. In which Mendes improved greatly since the first fight with Aldo.

Oh here's a quality poster. Didn't you lose an account bet on that fight? And here you are. Welched eh? Unsurprising.

No I didn't.

You're just trying to save your ass now.

Really shows how bias and delusional you are when you decide to verbally attack someone with a realistic opinion.

Chad fought on 2 weeks notice. I can definitely see the next fight going differently if he chooses to not stand with Conor. Conor has lousy ground and take down defense.

yeah ''fluke'' , fluke is described as conscious action performed to achieve desired result right?

man i swear you dumb kids, how you even to walk outside in your day to day without kneepads and a helmet is amazing.

All these conor fans are just deflecting knowing Mendes via vengeance in a rematch

No I didn't.

You're just trying to save your ass now.

Really shows how bias and delusional you are when you decide to verbally attack someone with a realistic opinion.

You're the one that attacked me with childish insults. And you've been around here calling people names when they make any argument for McGregor winning a fight. Then McGregor wins and you're making excuses.

My post was simply suggesting that Mendes be a little bit humble and give credit where it's due, instead of being a child and a sore loser. But seems like you identify with that.

So he got knocked out by a guy who has only 10% of Aldo's power?

Butthurt at its worse.

Back