Chad Mendes: Aldo's power and speed (in kicks) is 10x more than Conor

Chad may be short, but at least he doesn't try to hide it with shoe lifts... You know, like some other fighters.

CNYFvb8UYAAj8C9.jpg:large

conormcgregor21.jpg

Looking at the head shape of Aldo, that cap gives him at least 3cm maybe even more.
Which makes the second picture not that crazy, even tough it's hard to compare because of angle.

This... Also Chad actually felt the power of both guys, he is the only person who can made this statement. Is this butthurt? there is chance but... innocent until proven guilty

On top of Mendes basically getting his lights turned out by Aldo in the first round.

Aldo legitimately put Mendes on Queer Street, I don't really remember McGregor doing that to Mendes besides the stoppage, the stoppage still lacked the visible magnitude of damage that Aldo laid on Mendes in the first.

It's hilarious how delusional these kids are.

Rides McGregor's nuts saying it took him two rounds to finish Mendes.

But completely dismiss the ass kicking Aldo gave Mendes in the first round, the round McGregor spent more than half of it on his back.

I seem to recall Mendes dropping someone in the first round and it wasn't Conor. You're doing the same thing you accuse other people of doing.

Looking at the head shape of Aldo, that cap gives him at least 3cm maybe even more.
Which makes the second picture not that crazy, even tough it's hard to compare because of angle.
Good try, but compare the eyes levels.

I seem to recall Mendes dropping someone in the first round and it wasn't Conor. You're doing the same thing you accuse other people of doing.

If you're going to use that "dropping" as an actual argument. Get ready to be eaten up and spit out.

I don't remember Mendes rocking Aldo.

Please provide gifs.

Sure. Nice to see you pop up to defend your boy. Can't hate on that. The fight should be great if Aldo shows up.

He was dropped, not so much rocked but he was wobbly and defensive after for a while.

3%2Buppercut.gif

Chad%2BMendes%2BKnockdowns%2BJose%2BAldo%2BUFC%2B179.gif

If Conor hits Aldo with those he's not going to back off like Mendes did that's for sure.
Conors power > Mendes' power.

Can't wait for this fight.

If you're going to use that "dropping" as an actual argument. Get ready to be eaten up and spit out.

So a Mendes left hook didn't put Aldo on his ass? Well i'll be backing out of this argument before it begins because clearly i'm talking with someone who's quite delusional. I respect your dedication to your boy.

Mendes says, "I landed at will inside." Something to that effect. Then says, Aldo is just like me so he will be able to do the same.

Mendes has not only been in severe denial about the fight, hes delusional. He only managed to land 1 really solid clean shot on the feet against Conor through out the whole fight

Here is an old post from my buddie that I have had bookmarked. He broke it down

Heres close to every single shot Mendes threw against Conor on the feet

Was Chad landing clean and hard in all of these? You have to watch Conor's defense in slow motion or else you'll be misled into believing shots landed that simply didn't or didn't land cleanly at all. Here are most of Chad's "best" moments on the feet in their fight.

Chad lands clean and hard as Conor is scrambling back to an upright position with his back against the fence. Chad's follow up punch is caught in mid air and parried away. Rogan and fans think it lands because it looked like it may have due to Chad's hand speed. Rogan goes bananas of course.

Chad misses his overhand right, which lands on Conor's shoulder, and Conor actually clips Chad in the head around his temple as he's on his back foot countering.

Chad missing some more after Conor staggers him first. Note Conor looking for that same counter left from over the top again.

Here is Chad missing literally everything and Conor clearly avoiding it. This same feinted takedown attempt to uppercut setup caught Aldo repeatedly and had him hurt.

Chad lands hard here but not cleanly, it doesn't hit Conor's chin at all but instead the side of the neck (collar bone area) and the second punch to follow it up actually misses completely as Conor retreats just out of its range.

Porous striking defense? More like high level defense through the use of range control, footwork, framing out with arm and head control, slips, parries and dips. Conor also rolls with punches very well too. His understanding of distance and timing far exceeds Aldo's and Mendes'.

As you can see Mendes hardly landed anything legit clean on Conor

Conor's skill, defense, IQ, and offence are all on another level to Aldo (and Mendes)

Conor is going to be avoiding/rolling/deflecting/parrying every shot or combo from Aldo that Aldo can even manage to get off without being disrupted or countered first by Conor

But Mendes is right that he and Aldo are a lot alike.

Both are predictable one speed fighters who explode hard and fast the same way every time. Both fight in a predictable pattern. "I explode then you explode"

Thats why Mendes and Aldo had such a war...they were made for each other..yet on the other hand thats why Mendes was completely shut down against Conor going up against Conor's timing/skills/IQ

(timing>>speed
versatility>>predictability
skill>>>everything else or anything physical etc)

Conor doesnt play the Aldo and Mendes game of "I explode then you explode"

No, Conor is all about dictating, reacting first, landing then avoiding or stiffling any return fire (either with footwork/rolls/shoulder rolls/slips/parries/head control/arm control)

Conor is all about being off beat, untimable, being unpredictable, dictating, reacting first, hitting and then NOT getting hit by any means

Conor is going to out class and murder Aldo the same way he did Mendes, the same way hes done everyone else

Conor is too skilled, too slick, too smart, too verstaile for Aldo or Mendes or anyone 155 and down on the feet

On another note, Its tiring how some "people" downplay Conor's slick skills and slick defense. The whole "Conor gets tagged a lot" talking point has become one of the ugliest myths in combat sports history

Again, as you saw, Conor AVOIDED, delfected, parried, shoulder rolled, or rolled most of Mendes shots

Mendes did NOT land more then 2 clean shots on the feet against Conor across 2 rounds period (Mendes actually tagged Aldo more in 1 minute of 1 round)

"Mendes tagging Conor a lot" has turned into one of the biggest ugliest myths in MMA

Conor has such a subtley great under rated complete defensive skill set. Conor takes great pride in it so GTFO with that non sense "he relies in his chin"

As mentioned Mendes ACTUALLY DID TAG ALDO AT WILL though

The double standards are insane

Mendes MANGLES Aldo's face = "what a warrior"

Yet some how Conor out classing Mendes while blocking or avoiding the vast majority of shots Mendes threw = "Ate shots. Relied on chin"

Its laughable.

(Also sad to see how that many people are truly delusional or just have no idea what they are watching)

You see, of course Mendes is going to talk up the guy he did WAYY BETTER AGAINST...It makes Mendes look and feel better about himself

Mendes only has sour graps toward Conor for a reason.. because Conor completely shut him down, out classed him and humilated him. Mendes even inadvertently admitted that he can't sleep at night because of what Conar did to him skill wise. Conor owns Mendes soul and he will own Aldo's soon enough

Last edited:
Mendes says, "I landed at will inside." Something to that effect. Then says, Aldo is just like me so he will be able to do the same.

Mendes has not only been in severe denial about the fight, hes delusional. He only managed to land 1 really solid clean shot on the feet against Conor through out the whole fight

Here is an old post from my buddie that I have had bookmarked. He broke it down

Heres close to every single shot Mendes threw against Conor on the feet

As you can see Mendes hardly landed anything legit clean on Conor

Conor's skill, defense, IQ, and offence are all on another level to Aldo (and Mendes)

Conor is going to be avoiding/rolling/deflecting/parrying every shot or combo from Aldo that Aldo can even manage to get off without being disrupted or countered first by Conor

But Mendes is right that he and Aldo are a lot alike.

Both are predictable one speed fighters who explode hard and fast the same way every time. Both fight in a predictable pattern. "I expode then you explode"

Thats why Mendes and Aldo had such a war...they were made for each other..yet on the other hand thats why Mendes was completely shut down against Conor going up against Conor's timing/skills/IQ (timing>>speed/versatility>>predictability..skill>>>anything physical etc)

Conor doesnt play the Aldo and Mendes game of "I explode then you explode"

No, Conor is all about dictating, reacting first, landing then avoiding or stiffling any return fire (either with footwork/rolls/parries/head control/arm control)

Conor is all about being off beat, being unpredictable and hitting and then NOT getting hit.

Conor is going to out class and murder Aldo the same way he did Mendes

Conor is too skilled, too slick, too smart, too verstaile for Aldo or Mendes

On another note, Its tiring how some "people" downplay Conor's slick skills and slick defense. The whole "Conor gets tagged a lot" talking point has become one of the ugliest myths in combat sports history

Again, as you saw, Conor AVOIDED, delfected, parried, shoulder rolled, or rolled most of Mendes shots

Mendes did NOT land more then 2 clean shots on the feet against Conor across 2 rounds period (Mendes actually tagged Aldo more in 1 minute of 1 round)

"Mendes tagging Conor a lot" has turned into one of the biggest ugliest myths in MMA

Conor has such a subtley great under rated complete defensive skill set. Conor takes great pride in it so GTFO with that non sense "he relies in his chin"

As mentioned Mendes ACTUALLY DID TAG ALDO AT WILL though

The double standards are insane

Mendes MANGLES Aldo's face = "what a warrior"

Yet some how Conor out classing Mendes while blocking or avoiding the vast majority of shots Mendes threw = "Ate shots. Relied on chin"

Its laughable. Its also sad to see that that many people are truly delusional or just have no idea what they are watching.

You see, of course Mendes is going to talk up the guy he did WAYY BETTER AGAINST...It makes Mendes look and feel better about himself

Mendes only has sour graps toward Conor for a reason.. because Conor completely shut him down, out classed him and humilated him. Mendes even inadvertently admitted that he can't sleep at night because of what Conar did to him skill wise. Conor owns Mendes sould and he will own Aldo's soon enough

Dude, give it a rest sometime. It's too much now.

He is definitely faster, not sure about power, but Aldo also almost finished Chad in round 1 so he has got power for sure.

Lol wut? He DID finish chad in the first. Aldo is better everywhere except MAYBE accuracy. And with his great defense and boxing, conor won't get to land his big, timed, shots on the temple.

Sure. Nice to see you pop up to defend your boy. Can't hate on that. The fight should be great if Aldo shows up.

He was dropped, not so much rocked but he was wobbly and defensive after for a while.

3%2Buppercut.gif

If Conor hits Aldo with those he's not going to back off like Mendes did that's for sure.

Yet look at what happened when Mendes tried the same level change fake uppercut set up against Conor. Mendes even sells the fake level change even better against Conor

I've broken it down several times. Here it is.

3%2Buppercut.gif

-Mendes fients.Aldo gets drawn out to jab.Mendes slips low.Aldo drops hands thinking to defend a double.Mendes slaughters him with an uppercut follow up.Aldo's hands were down and he was leaning into it.
Takeaways: poor defensive responsibility. The wrong over reactions. Poor IQ as the same set up landed SEVERAL times on Aldo.
SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

Here Mendes uses the same set up against Conor. In fact Mendes sells the fake even better against Conor (but Conor is simply on another level)

-Conor subtley brings hips back and shoots a counter left down as Mendes fakes the level change. Already Conor's reads and reactions are far superior

-Conor pre-emptively ducks to his right knowing Mendes would return. Conor slips out of range from the follow up uppercut. Conor's awareness and defense are far superior to Aldos

-Conor uses a stiff arm on Mendes bicep as hes exiting to deflect Mendes chasing right widely off course

-Conor stops, plants his feet, DUCKS to his left to duck Mendes left hook, and then Conor comes up with a HARD counter to the body
Takeaways: Conor wasnt paralyzed in his feet like Aldo seemed to be. Conor realised he could move his head unlike Aldo. This is a direct correlation of how each reacted to the same set up and Conor's IQ, reactions, movement, defense, head movement, countering, skills WERE FAR SUPERIOR to Aldos

Fucking flawless from Conor. Simply BEAUTIFUL.There is NO ONE IN MMA on Conor's level in striking skill, IQ, reactions, defense, movement, reads, countering etc

Conor's skills are on another level plain and simple. The footage doesnt lie.

It doesnt stop there. We can also talk about Aldo's same predictable patterns and over reactions to fients vs Conor's unpredictable patterns, lead hand game/probes/fients/set ups....

Or Aldo's basic movement vs Conor's angles, feet positioning, hop steps, lead foot step ins and step outs/distance deception methods to create more countering oppurtunitues

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I'm not a Conor nuthugger. But for that guy to say that Chad was winning the war on the feet is complete nonsense. Conor is probably the best boxer in his weight class; or, rather, the best guy on his feet trading blows in his weight class.

Chad is coming off really badly here because it's one thing for him to say that he dominated the wrestling and the grappling but it's entirely another for him to say that he had the advantage over Conor on the feet. That just did not happen.

Mendes with a full camp, Edgar with a full camp and Aldo doing a full camp will all be extremely tough match ups for Conor and I'd put most of them at 50/50 (or thereabouts), but at any point to suggest that Chad had the better of Conor on the feet is just out of order and not true.

Lol wut? He DID finish chad in the first. Aldo is better everywhere except MAYBE accuracy. And with his great defense and boxing, conor won't get to land his big, timed, shots on the temple.

Youre either delusional or you have no idea what youre watching. Conor is vastly superior to Aldo in every respect of strikimg. Read my breakdown above

Chad stirring the pot! He knows how to get a rise out of Conor and his fans.

Oh no they heard it. It was after the bell. Chad was putting his hands down. It was a clean 1-2 AFTER THE BELL. He didn't nothing else after that or before that. Couldn't even finish him. He was crazy rocked after that 1-2 and stilll couldn't finish him.

Dean helped Aldo too by not deducting a point

no retard they didn't, and to further that as a fact aldo's corner, mendes corner, mendes, aldo and even dana are all on record verifying that the arena was so loud that it was impossible to hear anything at all.

and mendes still had his guard up you donut.

furthermore the punches were legal since the bell hadn't rung, and fighters are told to not break until the ref calls for it.

goddard needed a visible cue from outside the cage to even know the round had ended.

can't stand you fuccbois.

3%2Buppercut.gif

Yes, it's going to be such a great fight and the aftermath is going to be even better.

But in hindsight.
I don't believe those gifs accurately portray being "wobbled, or rocked" You for sure would not show someone that who doesn't have an accurate definition of wobbled or rocked.

Also each other those shots came from Mendes feinting the takedown. Something that McGregor will not be doing.

Respect for backing your argument. Unlike some of these kiddies.

Not sure about power, but speed, sure. Aldo is much faster and more explosive than Conor everywhere.

Aldo hits harder and is more explosive? Then how come Chad was able to go all 5 rounds with aldo, but yet got KO'd within 2 rounds by conor? hmmmmm.

Out of Aldos last 6 or 7 fights, how many have gone the distance. Aldo routinely goes the distance. Since he's moved to the ufc, he's gone the distance with almost everyone. Faber, florian, mendez, a few others whose name escapes me for some reason. The only guys he's stopped in years, Is korean zombie and only cause he got injured during the fight. While conor ko's everyone within 2 rounds.

He said power and speed in his kicks.

Conor is obviously a harder puncher.

Also, why would Mendes be butthurt about Conor, when he lost to both guys.

That KO from Aldo in the 1st fight was waaay more brutal and humiliating than the one from Conor.

AldoMendesII.gif

The right hand Aldo lands on the grounded Mendes is vicious.

All you have to do is look at conor's record. The guy has just about all wins in the 1st round. When you get rid of that many guys in the 1st round, you hit fucking hard. He's ko'd guys with glancing blows.

Back