Chad Mendes: Aldo's power and speed (in kicks) is 10x more than Conor

I would not take Chad in a rematch at all , Conor ate them punches like nothing, on their feet, on the ground. You cannot go 100 percent for 5 rounds, you just get weaker every round, weaker punches, get slower. Conor did hurt Chad every time he connected, period. Those kicks were accurate and you could tell by Chad's face that they did hurt.
I get it, he is sour about his loss, but he should just let it go and train his ass off. Frankie is no joke and can take him out if he doesn't have his head right.
Plus, nobody put a gun on him to take that fight, he got brutally ktfo in the 2nd. I don't give a damn about the excuses, period.

So your saying a full camp chad cant gnp conor into a grave based on what you saw in the first fight? Fact is conor couldnt get a gassed chad off of him until he went for that ill advised top side guillotine.. chad can and will put conor on his ass for 5 rounds in the rematch. . I saw nothing from conor that showed he could stop from being taken down and held there

Does anyone think Mendes would do good in the 3 round if the fight was not stopped? Conor would probably KO him instead of a TKO.

Speed clearly, power not so much

I never understand why people throw out numbers like "10x something", or percentages for that matter, when they don't mean to make a precise statement. Numbers are precise and throwing out something precise that's clearly way off the mark just makes the statement come off as stupid.

Conor's strikes crumpled Chad like a stripclub $20.

Hard to take this as anything but sour grapes on Chad's part.

He said kicks in the clip, he talked about their punching on the inside moments later but I'm not sure if he's still directly comparing thier power then, he did say he was faster though. It's not far-fetched at all that Aldo is a faster guy in the pocket and it's clear he has better kicks.

LOL at the fat guy saying Chad was winning the striking exchanges as well. Team Alpha Male are embarrassing.

He said kicks in the clip, he talked about their punching on the inside moments later but I'm not sure if he's still directly comparing thier power then, he did say he was faster though. It's not far-fetched at all that Aldo is a faster guy in the pocket and it's clear he has better kicks.

Yeah I know. Conor's kicks to the body sapped Chad, they seemed to be very effective.

Conor fans keep spreading that ignorant shit lmao

When Conor eats the shots like tic tacs and Aldo gets wobbled and eventually put down, we'll see about that statement.

Does anyone think Mendes would do good in the 3 round if the fight was not stopped? Conor would probably KO him instead of a TKO.

That's a good question, he would have got a break and surely would go for the takedown again. If he was tired to the point he woudnlt get the takedown or Conor just defended then the finish was just a matter of time. Although, if he did get that takedown and continued to grind Conor into the 4th it makes it tougher, at that point COnor would be getting tired as well.

I would say Conor would still get the finish more then likely

Conor fanboys: Can you please stop for one day looking for adversarial news to create artificial strife that you all secretly want to immerse in on Sherdog. It's like Tom Brady's court proceedings discussed ad nauseam when most do not care anymore except New England fans.

Please take this into consideration.

You feel SUPER SMART.

The Aldo KO probably hurt more both phisically and mentally.
The Conor KO was a bit strange, he gassed and turtled, but Herb Dean was damn quick to call it a day. Too quick imo. The other night he didn"t stop a fight in the same circunstances after something like 10 punches in a turtled up opponent. Conor hit Chad twice.

LOL, I think people are seeing what they want to see here.

Chad fell like a limp doll and was lying still doing nothing on the ground.

Herb could see he was finished, as could anyone that desperately didn't want to see poor Chad get smashed by Connor; but to wish it does not make so.

So your saying a full camp chad cant gnp conor into a grave based on what you saw in the first fight? Fact is conor couldnt get a gassed chad off of him until he went for that ill advised top side guillotine.. chad can and will put conor on his ass for 5 rounds in the rematch. . I saw nothing from conor that showed he could stop from being taken down and held there

Chad would not keep that pace for 25 minutes, not a chance in hell. And he would still eat punches and kicks. Fact is Conor finished him, period. Full camp or not there are undeniable facts that you need to look at. Conor is extremely acurate, has unorthodox strikes and will hurt Mendes. Mendes could beat him up for 3 rounds and still could get finished in the 4th or 5th. His punches did nothing to Conor.

Actually Aldo legitimately KO'd Mendes in the first round of their second fight (unlike Conor, who had a little help from Herb Dean). It was after the bell, but Mendes still had his guard up and reportedly they didn't hear it.

It's hilarious how delusional these kids are.

Rides McGregor's nuts saying it took him two rounds to finish Mendes.

But completely dismiss the ass kicking Aldo gave Mendes in the first round, the round McGregor spent more than half of it on his back.

Yeah I know. Conor's kicks to the body sapped Chad, they seemed to be very effective.

And it's still entirely possible that Aldo kicks harder, and it's not just "sour grapes" from Chad.

aldo def faster,hit harder tho? for some reason i doubt that

And it's still entirely possible that Aldo kicks harder, and it's not just "sour grapes" from Chad.

Yeah, or maybe dem grapes just sour.

Only Chad knows.

IMO that clip shows that Mendes kinda regrets taking the fight short notice. I feel like he thought that before the fight his chances where small, but he could live with it.. but now after the fight, I think it really sucks for him.

aldo def faster, stronger? for some reason i doubt that

Aldo is not totally over the hill but he is not as fresh as before. He gets hit a lot, absorbs lots of damage and he has clearly lost a step. Thing is, he is such a great fighter that even this version of Aldo can beat any other fw. I think its a coin flip between him and Conor, though i lean towards Conor a little bit more as of now.

Back