Chad Mendes: Aldo's power and speed (in kicks) is 10x more than Conor

imagesCADZ8XEX_zps586bc509.jpg

Yeah, but he can always say it was an off night, and he came back for a competitive fight. Connor really humiliated him and gave him no respect in the Octagon. Connor walked around with his hands down taunting him the whole time (not to mention a lot of smack talk around the fight).

I think the KO was pretty much not if but when against Connor, while not necessarily so with Aldo.

The Aldo KO probably hurt more both phisically and mentally.
The Conor KO was a bit strange, he gassed and turtled, but Herb Dean was damn quick to call it a day. Too quick imo. The other night he didn"t stop a fight in the same circunstances after something like 10 punches in a turtled up opponent. Conor hit Chad twice.

Mendes looked like he was holding back tears when asked about Conor on UFC Tonight.

Conor has Chad's soul in a little jar on his mantlepiece. It's pretty clear. Mendes should seek out a good sports psychologist. Seriously. I'm embarrassed for the guy at this point. But I think we can all understand how bad it must hurt to be the dude who got pwned in the biggest selling title fight in UFC history.

Conor fanboys: Can you please stop for one day looking for adversarial news to create artificial strife that you all secretly want to immerse in on Sherdog. It's like Tom Brady's court proceedings discussed ad nauseam when most do not care anymore except New England fans.

Please take this into consideration.

He is definitely faster, not sure about power, but Aldo also almost finished Chad in round 1 so he has got power for sure.

Isn't this EXACTLY what Aldo did? Wasn't that turnaround knee KO at 4:59 of the 1st round?

How is Aldo more powerful when he didn't knock out Mendes 2.0?
Conor KO'D Chad 2.0 in 2 rounds.
Actually Aldo legitimately KO'd Mendes in the first round of their second fight (unlike Conor, who had a little help from Herb Dean). It was after the bell, but Mendes still had his guard up and reportedly they didn't hear it.

Chad really want that rematch to be talking like that. I think he knows Conor will beat Aldo, even though he doens't want tho, and is still talking about the guy and the fight they had so he can get his rematch.

Aldo barely knocks out anyone hes record is there for everyone to see on Sherdog. Conor has about a 95 per cent knock out rate with 20 fights, lets get real here.

Lol, it's pretty clear that Conor has he most power in the division.

Conor's strikes crumpled Chad like a stripclub $20.

Hard to take this as anything but sour grapes on Chad's part.

I would not take Chad in a rematch at all , Conor ate them punches like nothing, on their feet, on the ground. You cannot go 100 percent for 5 rounds, you just get weaker every round, weaker punches, get slower. Conor did hurt Chad every time he connected, period. Those kicks were accurate and you could tell by Chad's face that they did hurt. How is a long camp gonna improve your punching accuracy/power, speed or defense?
I get it, he is sour about his loss, but he should just let it go and train his ass off. Frankie is no joke and can take him out if he doesn't have his head right.
Plus, nobody put a gun on him to take that fight, he got brutally ktfo in the 2nd. I don't give a damn about the excuses, period.

Last edited:
Isn't this EXACTLY what Aldo did? Wasn't that turnaround knee KO at 4:59 of the 1st round?

He probably means in the second fight too, he scored two knockdowns in round 1 of the second fight. If the round was 10 secs longer it would have been two first round KOs on Chad.

Actually Aldo legitimately KO'd Mendes in the first round of their second fight (unlike Conor, who had a little help from Herb Dean). It was after the bell, but Mendes still had his guard up and reportedly they didn't hear it.

Oh no they heard it. It was after the bell. Chad was putting his hands down. It was a clean 1-2 AFTER THE BELL. He didn't nothing else after that or before that. Couldn't even finish him. He was crazy rocked after that 1-2 and stilll couldn't finish him.

Dean helped Aldo too by not deducting a point

How is Aldo more powerful when he didn't knock out Mendes 2.0?
Conor KO'D Chad 2.0 in 2 rounds.

Stevie wonder could see that mendes gassed in the connor fight and that makes all the difference.. the chad in the conor fight was not chad 2.0, it was chad 2day notice

Can it be December already? lol

Back