Cesar Gracie reassures Dana that Nick will be at the PC.

Cesar and Dana should troll everyone and agree in Diaz not going to the press conference. then the PC day arrives, Diaz no shows and Dana has a fake rant but says the fight is still on because GSP wants to beat Diaz's ass.

Behindbolteddoors.jpg
[/IMG]

It's fucking Christmas, but I guess the haters will never give Diaz a break. He'll show up and guaranteed he will fight and become the champ

I'm probably in the minority, actually I know I am, but I wouldn't give a shit if he no showed the presser.

Only the fight and I know that ain't happening.

Why exactly wouldn't he want to fight GSP? Biggest paycheck of his life and it is not like he is afraid to lose... You are talking about the guy who was exchanging haymakers with Paul Daley.

The fact that this ppv will sell more than any of the last 5 gsp's ppvs will prove your point wrong. He is fighting Nick and that alone will help to sell, Diaz doesn't need to say a word anymore.

But my point about Nick making money for the ufc goes so much further than ppv buys.... PPV buys represent a decent (but also small compared to what u think of) share of Zuffa's earning, but it is DEFINETLY not all of it.

Light orange text:
Really tired of this argument. PPV buys might not be the biggest share of Zuffa's earning but they are the best (sole) indicator of a fighter's draw. What, do you think people rush the stadiums when Nick is fighting? Well here you go, the gate for Diaz-Santos was 9059. GSP draws 53k in football stadiums. Maybe people are buying tons of Nick Diaz dolls (do they even make Nick Diaz dolls)? Be serious here, PPV buys and TV ratings are the sole indicators of a fighters draw. Not the number of Sherdog posters supporting a fighter...

Brown text:
Nick Diaz is not a PPV draw. Sure, he can gather 500k on free TV. Just like Fedor or Shields. But to gather PPV numbers, you got to put him against legends or big draws. By himself, he doesn't draw squat. Here are the numbers if you want to compare him to his fellow Strikeforce fighters:

Strikeforce "Fedor vs. Werdum”: 412,000
Strikeforce "Diaz vs Noons II": 350,000
Strikeforce "Henderson vs Babalu II": 341,000
Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Silva”: 741,000
Strikeforce “Diaz vs. Cyborg”: 561,000
Strikeforce “Diaz vs. Daley”: 528,000
Strikeforce “Feijao vs. Henderson”: 412,000

Why don't you go check out the numbers Diaz draws when he's headlining a PPV? Oh that's right, he never headlines PPV. His first time EVER was October 2011, roughly 7 whole years after GSP's first PPV headline. For crying out loud, Diaz and BJ fucking Penn did 280k PPV. Do you think casuals bought it for Nick or for legendary, multi-divisions UFC champion and future hall of fame BJ Penn?

Don't you find it odd that cards have to be free on TV for Diaz to draw 500k viewers (Diaz-Santos) while GSP is drawing that at 60$ a piece? Please answer honestly.

Nick hasn't had any trouble being at his PC before...

Remember after UFC 137, when GSP ran past Cesar, proving that GSP's knee was fine?

I was once a manager of a band and the last thing you would want as a manager is for a 3rd party to contact a band member directly. As a manager you want to have some control of decisions made, or at least be correctly informed as to what is going on so you can help the person/ people you are managing with their career.

That said some artists I worked with have been like 'I'm not speaking to this dude it's your job'.

I don't get it...

I totally believe this because Caesar has shown great control over Nick in the past.

Oh wait........

this.,...

what cesar said means absolutely nothing he's said that plenty of times before.It comes down to nick.One time he was gonna fight who was it...jay heiron maybe and then just skipped the drug test.Nick never showed up to that grappling ppv when he was the main event vs estima i'm sure there's a million things he has skipped.FFS he skipped press conferences before fighting for the title or was supposed to who knows what the guy will do...he's been away from the game for a while(well you know what I mean) he's likely less predictable now then ever coming out of "retirement" he could just say fuck it

if Nate showed up instead of Nick, how many people would realise the difference?

you would probably be the only one in the world that wouldn't notice the difference.

If I was Caeser, I would fucking demand that Nick wear a GPS ankle bracelet, house-arrest style. I'd make him sign a contract.

I bet cesar had nick chipped after the last go round. I can see the crew getting Nick to the PC being like the A-team trying to bet B.A. on an airplane.

the homie is showing up. he knows better than missing the PC again. if he does he's career is done for he won't risk that.

Back