- $139.95 plus s/h

Topics covered:
The Mount and Cross Side
Guard Techniques
Leg Attacks
Attacks & Finishes
Defensive Techniques
Finishing Techniques

*I really like the first series but it was confusing at moments to see Sport BJJ mix with MMA techniques in the same series. Now it seen Cesar with this new DVD only focus in No-Gi grappling*

Cesar produces monsters in no-gi too. Should be an interesting set.

I'm hoping he releases a DVD that explains how he was able to get David and Tim to get those quick knockouts.

i've been considering buying it. But i wanted to read some of that fine print that is on the box in the picture. It looks like it gets into some more descriptions about what is on the DVD. Can't seem to find anywhere that gives an in depth look at what's inside. Just that basic bullet points. For that much money i want to read a little more about it.

I'm bumping up this OLD thread hoping to find out if anyone owns this DVD, if so can you write up something about it. Thanks!!

I am also curious. Does anyone have this? Is it worth it?

That is EXPENSIVE.. Sheesh.. Looks like it may be worth it.. I think I have something from Ceasers.. but it's OLD

it should be wrth it, ceasers guys are pretty darn good.

I've watch some Cesar instructional vids on the internet and they were very very good.

I got the DVD's a long time ago as a gift and I still watch them...although some of the moves are basic they are moves that prior to this DVD I could not pull off because Cesar explains moves in great detail (although sometimes a little too detailed) i recommend them for anyone who needs better basics or wants to fix up some things to make a quick review

The defensive techniques are sweet some of the best escapes and explanations

Attakcs and setups is pretty much your basic setups with an overhook in guard, although there are some decent counters to triangle defenses people might do

Finish technqiues go over some knee on the belly stuff and flying attacks - i thought the knee on the belly stuff was useful because Cesar explains how he thinks it should be used more in MMA

The Mount & Cross Side - this one is basic but some good stuff on holding the mount and basic attacks the way cesar likes

Leg ATtacks- i thoguht this was a great one because I've never really seen anyone explaining leg locks so well and it has some good setups and tons of counters if your opponent defends

Guard Techniques (passing) - this one had some basics and some others that were advanced but he explains them so well this was the DVD that really tweaked some things in my passing game

hope i could help if you got any questions let me know

Yes, I know this is an old thread but it seems to be the most recent topic about this DVD series. I got it and it's a great instructional. Nothing fancy or complicated. Just moves that seem to really work. Cesar's direct approach is also great. I like it much better than anything I have seen from Marcelo Garcia. But if you are among the 3% in the world who is not Garcia and can actually make what he shows work for you more power to you.
The flashy and complex stuff is nice to look at and drill but the truth is few can actually make it work in reality. Also, Cesar stuff can work in MMA too where most of the fancy grappling stuff would get you killed.

Yes, I know this is an old thread but it seems to be the most recent topic about this DVD series. I got it and it's a great instructional. Nothing fancy or complicated. Just moves that seem to really work. Cesar's direct approach is also great. I like it much better than anything I have seen from Marcelo Garcia. But if you are among the 3% in the world who is not Garcia and can actually make what he shows work for you more power to you.
The flashy and complex stuff is nice to look at and drill but the truth is few can actually make it work in reality. Also, Cesar stuff can work in MMA too where most of the fancy grappling stuff would get you killed.
You mad bro? What Garcia do to you?
Posted via Mobile Device

i pirated it, sorry cesar. I don't think that is a big deal. If cesar comes on here and complains I will like take him out to lunch or something. I am thinking Olive Garden. That is some excellent Italian food. Maybe even order us up a box of wine and discuss Nick's new boxing career.

but yeah, i know i was being a cheap ass and shit, but thanks for the dvds

You mad bro? What Garcia do to you?
Posted via Mobile Device

What do you mean? I think Marcelo is incredible. But the thing most don't realize is that the huge majority will never reach the level he did and will never be able to use a lot of his stuff because they are not Marcelo. Marcelo is a gifted athlete and his technique is based on the fact he's so gifted. Without that gift you can't pull those moves. Cesar's stuff is much more appropriate to the normal Joe and will work for more people than Marcelo's. Most people can train a million years and will never be able to do the things Marcelo does, even if Marcelo is training them personally.

i liked cesar's discs fine, but they didn't hook me. i traded them for some robson dvds.

as for marcelo, i guess there are a few 'flashy' moves scattered thru his more than 20 dvds, but of the stuff i own, i use a good bit of it. lots of butterfly and x stuff. lots of armdrags and crucifixes (crucifixii?). i even fall back on his goofy handcuff pass sometimes. and don't get me started on the marcelotine - damn thing must be about teh most popular technique of the past year or so. and anecdotally, i'd have to say that i see lots of marcelo's game in play by lots of different grapplers of all levels.

What do you mean? I think Marcelo is incredible. But the thing most don't realize is that the huge majority will never reach the level he did and will never be able to use a lot of his stuff because they are not Marcelo. Marcelo is a gifted athlete and his technique is based on the fact he's so gifted. Without that gift you can't pull those moves. Cesar's stuff is much more appropriate to the normal Joe and will work for more people than Marcelo's. Most people can train a million years and will never be able to do the things Marcelo does, even if Marcelo is training them personally.
You sounded very passive aggressive towards Marcelo.
Posted via Mobile Device

You sounded very passive aggressive towards Marcelo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, not at all.

It's like 10th Planet. Unless you are very flexible it won't work for you. Marcelo's BJJ is very attribute based I think.

Back