Cerrone's corner's reaction to his loss

Joe Schilling isn't in Cerrone's corner anymore?

They look a little disappointed.
That is just natural because their fighter lost.

This is the face of a team who had been sold wolf tickets by the fighter that they're representing.

They probably thought that Cerrone was going to go out there with a real gameplan and try to win, instead of just cashing the check.

Imagine putting in work with a guy for months, training him to peak condition, only to see them fold in about 30 seconds? What a waste of effort.
Most neckbeard post of 2020. You sound real tough from your armchair, shit talking a professional fighter with dozens of fights against other professional fighters. Shit sometimes happens when you're in there against someone trying their best to do you harm, not that you would know anything about it. Open up another bag of candy, lest your blood sugar drops, before you start speculating again about how someone was just "cashing the check" because they got beat in a MMA fight. Fuck outta here with your "muh gameplan", it's not a video game. Almost like Tyson had a quote about plans and punches.....

Fortunately his team knows that it's a hard business and there are no guarantees.

What were you expecting? Conor to dominate but it to go longer? Or a more competitive fight altogether?

I expected it to look like cowboy vs. till, which it largely did. I just expected cowboy to get some shots of his own in first. I'm always disappointed by early finishes.

I expected it to look like cowboy vs. till, which it largely did. I just expected cowboy to get some shots of his own in first. I'm always disappointed by early finishes.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Except I can't say I was disappointed on this occasion.

"Some shots" is a bit ambitious though, no? Let's start with "one shot". Ya know, walk before you can run. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could be surprised by this outcome. I get that Cerrone's corner would be upset, but there's been a lot of hand wringing and bickering on the boards. Cowboy has had a great career and is a skilled fighter. But he's rarely risen to the moment in his biggest fights, and he's in decline. McGregor isn't GOAT as many like to claim, but he's obviously very good and is a dangerous opponent. It's a quality win, but he was always the favorite and, as far as his legacy goes, this fight doesn't really affect it a whole lot.

Only thing I disagree with is the Legacy comment.

It actually adds quite nicely to his legacy.

Came back after a long time off to take on a man with more wins and finishes than any other fighter. And destroyed him in 40 seconds.

That's how it will read 20 years from now.

I like that people pretend he didn't straight get caught in the first two second of the fight, and instead act like he literally laid down, and let conor punch his face in. With in the first like 15 seconds he caught a flying knee (thigh really) and had his nose broken by a shoulder.

He got destroyed, but he got caught. You have zero time to come to any conclusions about him sticking or not sticking to a gameplan or just wanting to cash a check. The decision was made for him lol

View attachment 716193
A photo, which is worth 1000 words.

giphy.gif

Most neckbeard post of 2020. You sound real tough from your armchair, shit talking a professional fighter with dozens of fights against other professional fighters. Shit sometimes happens when you're in there against someone trying their best to do you harm, not that you would know anything about it. Open up another bag of candy, lest your blood sugar drops, before you start speculating again about how someone was just "cashing the check" because they got beat in a MMA fight. Fuck outta here with your "muh gameplan", it's not a video game. Almost like Tyson had a quote about plans and punches.....

Fortunately his team knows that it's a hard business and there are no guarantees.

Whatever you say, buddy.

Everybody saw this coming, outside of Cowboy Cerrone himself apparently.

The first minute or two were going to be the most dangerous for him, with Conor being fresh and looking to impress in his comeback. Cerrone went in face first, no head movement, didn't try to stay away from Conor, didn't go for a takedown, adopted no defensive measures whatsoever. Did nothing outside of getting beat up and finished inside 40 seconds.

You can excuse all that by "it's fighting, anything can happen", but in this case, pretty much everybody could've predicted what was going to happen. I called this the moment the fight was signed, as just a showcase match where Conor gets a quick, easy finish.

Cerrone, as a professional fighter, should've done everything in his power, to prevent that from happening. As far as I saw, he didn't really do a damn thing in there to prevent the obvious, and based on the reactions of his corner, they probably thought the same thing.

Surely, their entire training camp should've probably revolved around how to survive the early storm.

I feel you there ^^^ I love a good KO as much as the next guy but prefer to see it during a actual back & forth fight I learn nothing about a fighter in a 13 or 40 second fight, but if you can get home early without a scratch more power to you...

Cerrone never had a chance. When has he ever shown heart in a fight when there was truly something on the line? He always folds under pressure. Probably his biggest win was bendo?

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could be surprised by this outcome. I get that Cerrone's corner would be upset, but there's been a lot of hand wringing and bickering on the boards. Cowboy has had a great career and is a skilled fighter. But he's rarely risen to the moment in his biggest fights, and he's in decline. McGregor isn't GOAT as many like to claim, but he's obviously very good and is a dangerous opponent. It's a quality win, but he was always the favorite and, as far as his legacy goes, this fight doesn't really affect it a whole lot.
You are dead on. Conor should have destroyed him and he did. It was a giant mismatch used as a warmup for Conor.

I don’t understand how most people don’t know this. Conor getting a warmup fight doesn’t make him any less of a fighter. He really needed one.

I just wish he would fight someone that is in title contention before he got a shot at the title but it is what it is.
<Fedor23>

Back