Cerrone's corner's reaction to his loss

giphy.gif

I had a similar reaction as the two guys on the left.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could be surprised by this outcome. I get that Cerrone's corner would be upset, but there's been a lot of hand wringing and bickering on the boards. Cowboy has had a great career and is a skilled fighter. But he's rarely risen to the moment in his biggest fights, and he's in decline. McGregor isn't GOAT as many like to claim, but he's obviously very good and is a dangerous opponent. It's a quality win, but he was always the favorite and, as far as his legacy goes, this fight doesn't really affect it a whole lot.

This is the face of a team who had been sold wolf tickets by the fighter that they're representing.

They probably thought that Cerrone was going to go out there with a real gameplan and try to win, instead of just cashing the check.

Imagine putting in work with a guy for months, training him to peak condition, only to see them fold in about 30 seconds? What a waste of effort.

This is the face of a team who had been sold wolf tickets by the fighter that they're representing.

They probably thought that Cerrone was going to go out there with a real gameplan and try to win, instead of just cashing the check.

Imagine putting in work with a guy for months, training him to peak condition, only to see them fold in about 30 seconds? What a waste of effort.
Do they really look that invested in the fight outcome there? I’m sure they put a lot of work and time in to get ready for the fight, but just looking at that photo I can’t tell if they’re even disappointed.

The biggest fight of their lives and careers and they look like someone messed up their order at Starbucks.

<Fedor23>

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could be surprised by this outcome. I get that Cerrone's corner would be upset, but there's been a lot of hand wringing and bickering on the boards. Cowboy has had a great career and is a skilled fighter. But he's rarely risen to the moment in his biggest fights, and he's in decline. McGregor isn't GOAT as many like to claim, but he's obviously very good and is a dangerous opponent. It's a quality win, but he was always the favorite and, as far as his legacy goes, this fight doesn't really affect it a whole lot.
Easy to say in hindsight isn't it but if Cerrone knocked him out there would be plenty of people saying the opposite should have seen this coming etc

Do they really look that invested in the fight outcome there? I’m sure they put a lot of work and time in to get ready for the fight, but just looking at that photo I can’t tell if they’re even disappointed.

The biggest fight of their lives and careers and they look like someone messed up their order at Starbucks.

<Fedor23>

I think it's more of a "WTF" look. Like they can't believe that the guy they worked with for months, would fold just like that. That easily.

You have one guy literally spreading his hands as if he's confused. If there was audio, he'd probably be saying something like "WTF was that shit?".

I wouldn't call it disappointment, more so befuddlement.

<Fedor23>
Must have been fixed right?

Must have been fixed right?
Nah.

But I’ve been more disappointed to a loss in a game of battleship than they are there. If I had to take a guess I’d say they deep down had accepted the loss already and went in with a losers mentality.

Well CowBoy tolds us he will go full stupid for this fight so how are they really surpised ?

giphy.gif

Back