Cerrone will not fare well at 170

He's always game, but as others have said, body shots and bigger/stronger wrestlers will limit how far he goes at WW. I can't imagine him working his way to a title shot. Remember, a lot of fighters who have had success at WW cut from MW (Lawler, Maia, Lombard, Palhares, Shields, etc.). These are some big boys he'll be fighting.

Alves would be an interesting fight. Short WW with a small reach, but still a solid and dangerous striker.

8 straight wins but 170 is a different weight class and arguably the deepest in mma history. I'm not saying he sucks but when you analyze his skills, size and power and compare it to the guys in the top 30 at welterweight it doesn't look good for him

Lol, that's not the point. If Rory McDonald moved up to Middleweight and beats say Ed Herman.....then get's a good bump and fights OSP who knocks him out cold....we sending him to Bellator?

Lol, that's not the point. If Rory McDonald moved up to Middleweight and beats say Ed Herman.....then get's a good bump and fights OSP who knocks him out cold....we sending him to Bellator?

I don't get your point. also, Herman and OSP are both light heavyweights. Also, I never said anything about sending him to bellator.

Alan Jouban only gets mentioned because he's #1 dime piece, Gastelum is in the top 15, Lombard would be too if he didn't get suspended, I would have picked Means over Cerrone though, I can see Cerrone to bellator by the end of 2016.

yea i agree, i feel like his move to bellator is almost a certainty at this point. he's really good friends with benson. it seems like he was making good sponsorship money before reebok. then the thing with his patch. and coker will pay for the name fighter.

Show some respect, he's an elite lightweight fighter.

I expect him him to return to 155 after this either way.
I've got no time for him, he can't take a body shot because he was clowning around racing motorbikes before a fight.

I was so disappointed with the whole Tim Means situation because he was going to mess Cerrone up.

Honestly the dude can lose to anyone. Anyone with power can knock him out unless he plays it safe. If he plays conservative he for sure could beat top 15 opponents
Funny since he has never actually been KO'd. Not to punches to the head.

he can do about as well as bendo i think, he can beat some decent fighters - obv the top guys should be heavily favored over him

Back