Cerrone wants to test Conor's striking...ESPN

You all acting like Cerrone can't strike. I think he can stand and bang with Conor just fine. Plus he has advantage on the ground and a cardio advantage. All Cerrone has to do is survive the first two rounds, Conor will gas and its easy money for Cowboy.
It’s not that he can’t strike. It’s the fact that just like a typical kickboxer he has absolutely no head or foot movement and fights in straight lines. He always gets tagged up by anybody with decent boxing.

Does everyone forget this is 170 cerrone? The one who survived the Robbie lawler round 1 onslaught?

Diuretics make you confident ?
diuretic are used either to eliminate PED's out of your system, or cut more weight and have a significant size advantage on fight night. We will never know which of the two reasons it was.

So YEAH diuretic are PED's and makes you confident, a fighter just got suspended by USADA last week because of diuretic.

If Conor blows this he should retire.

Cowboy is offering him his chin.

BAD IDEA.

McG is not that powerful but he's accurate and that is very dangerous, specially with a guy who's main weakness is boxing like Cowboy.

takes a while for Cowboy to get comfortable (in the interview) but i'd say + 10mins in it is gold.
My fav cowboy interview. You really see the passion and the philosophy.
The most interesting thing for me is Cowboy says the best thing is when in the middle of the fight you have to talk to yourself, which I find fascinating. The ego is stripped down in the most testing moments and you directly get to see who you are. Great interview. Great post TS

It’s not that he can’t strike. It’s the fact that just like a typical kickboxer he has absolutely no head or foot movement and fights in straight lines. He always gets tagged up by anybody with decent boxing.

Combine that with wanting to see if he can take Conor's punch and it's game over i think....

I don't understand how Cowboy never improves his striking defence.
With Conor's accuracy, this is a recipe for disaster for Cowboy but he never seemed like the most intelligent person.

They are both training an awful lot of grappling leading up...

Cowboy's a fucking dumbass. I'm still going for him but damn what a hosehead.

Does everyone forget this is 170 cerrone? The one who survived the Robbie lawler round 1 onslaught?
Of course they do, these are MMA fans we are talking about, where you're only as good as your last fight.

Bad idea! He should use his grappling and try to keep it on the mat where he has an advantage.

Back