Cerrone vs RDA II - Cerrone 3 to 1 underdog! Good bet?

RDA will beat him more convincingly this time around....the odds seem right on.

I like Cerrone but I don't think he will win. I want him to win just because he's awesome, but RDA has improved a lot. If RDA pressures him like he did to Pettis, I'm sure Cerrone will lose in UD. If he stays steady with Cerrone, Cerrone might just pull it out. RDA's stand up is decent now and it will match up with Cerrone. Cerrone just have to use his reach and try to avoid the take downs and put up a fight against the pressure.

lets see...

RDA showed us he can apply tremendious pressure...

Cerrone breaks under the pressure..

So.. No :D

I wouldn't put money on Cerrone if he was a 10-1 underdog

In addition that he fought Nate emotional cause the previous beef they had.

Against RDA, it seems that there is legit bad blood too.

The results were interesting:

Emotional and angry Cerrone against Nate = one side beating by Nate to Cerrone

Emotional and angry RDA against Nate = one side beating by RDA to Nate
nice comparison...

oh and.. don't you feel embarassed with such a signature ? you should lol.. hating is for kids, you know..

I don't know.

Cerrone should have lost to Bendo. What is even more scary he got outstruck by Bendo. That was this year.

Not that this is some huge knock on Cerrone. Bendo has always had his number. But, RDA is very aggressive and Donald seem to have mental lapses, like he did in his last fight against Henderson where he couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

Nate Diaz came at him aggressive and TOOLED him, bad. Like really bad.

31.gif

I'd favor RDA. But, worth a bet.
for sure, bendo and diaz has his number, cant say that about RDA. Styles make fights, RDA is more like bendo than diaz at this point. I dont see a clear cut direction on the fight despite cerrone being a big underdog.

Yeah, and so was "Smooth"..also...one of those two fighters had just beaten the shit out of someone, 15 days earlier.

I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Benson...

The reality is that he has underperformed in every single big fight he's had. There is no evidence the same won't happen against RDA.

I feel like you are doing a whole lot of assuming with this comment. Also, he WAS known as a slow starter...you can't say that for a single fight in this streak, except Benson...and Benson was every bit of hesitant. Punching someone in the thigh repeatedly doesn't win you a fight.

That last sentence is so full of shit, I don't even really feel the need to comment on it. No offense, but to suggest that Cerrone some how knew he was down two rounds, in a close fight and just knew he wasn't going to beat Benson, so he gave up....that's dumb.

According to fightmetric, Benson landed 13 head strikes 53 leg strikes. He wasn't doing any damage. I get the argument, but it was a close fight, Benson just had more output, Cerrone more damage. It wasn't a robbery. Close fight, that's it.

You don't think guys get discouraged and demoralized when they are down on rounds and know they need a finish or blow out round to get at least a draw? Cerrone had to know he wasn't going to get any of those against Benson Smooth. Cerrone was on a big streak and then couldn't do anything in this fight. He thought he was down two rounds because Jackson told him so between rounds 2 and 3.

Cerrone coasted in the Jury fight with ease, it's kinda silly to say 15 days wasn't enough time off between fights after that easy fight. Cerrone is a known slow starter so I don't know why you feel the need to defend his performance against Benson Smooth. I think after his slow start he knew he was down 2 rounds and gave up at that point. He knew he wasn't going to sub or KO Benson Smooth and would lose 2 rounds to 1 at best so he gave up.
Have to ever even sparred 80% without shin pads? ? 15 days is no where near enough for Cerrone's shins to recover from those devastating kicks

I wouldn't bet against the inhuman RDA. Unless it's against fellow inhuman Khabib. Even then, it's possible RDA has even surpassed him by now. All that aside, I'd love to see Cowboy get the belt.

it's a good bet. A 5 round fight is better for Cerrone.

at 3 to 1 i'd take it. i'm not sold on rda being some world beater.

If RDA can keep up the level of fighting he showed in his last perfomances - why wouldnt he? - he will tool Cerrone for 5 rounds if he wants to, standing or on the ground. RDA pressure will be too much for Cerrone.

OR ,Cerrone lands a big hit early and drops RDA, which is always possible.

Back