Cerrone vs RDA II - Cerrone 3 to 1 underdog! Good bet?

I think Cerrone has gotten over, for the most part, his past tentative ways. You're correct though, it was RDA's aggression that ultimately won him the fight. According to fightmetric, Cerrone actually landed like 1 more strike than RDA, but RDA threw like 30 more than Cerrone.

Since when is throwing punches but only hitting air, scoring points? How many punches you throw should have no baring on any points you get. The object is to land strikes, not miss them. I don't care aggressive you are, if you are hitting air or gloves, you aren't scoring..

He was pretty tentative in the first two rounds of the Benson Smooth fight. I don't think he'll ever get over slow starts and under-performing in big fights.

Yeah, and so was "Smooth"..also...one of those two fighters had just beaten the shit out of someone, 15 days earlier.

I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Benson...

Since when is throwing punches but only hitting air, scoring points? How many punches you throw should have no baring on any points you get. The object is to land strikes, not miss them. I don't care aggressive you are, if you are hitting air or gloves, you aren't scoring..

Hey, you're preaching to the choir here, but aggressiveness is a scoring criteria, I do believe. I'm a Cerrone guy, and he blatantly won the 3rd round, but RDA was coming forward almost the whole first two rounds...that counts.

RDA improved alot, Cerrone not that much

Yeah, I guess when you tear through the division and win 8 straight fights...you aren't really improving that much. We all get it, RDA is champ now and made Pettis look bad...it says a lot of your fight acumen that you say "Cerrone not that much"

Cerrone might have a very nice winning streak but it honestly should have been over.

He lost that fight with Bendo and was granted a gift by the judges.

RDA is going to put to much pressure on him, hes not going to get comfortable, and he probably wont look to good

I like Cerrone and his active schedule. He puts on exciting fights, but I don't see him winning this fight. Since their last fight, RDA has improved even more. Cerrone has defeated his slow start demons but that's not all it takes in a 5 round fight. RDA UD, I would predict. Maybe even a late finish.

Yeah, and so was "Smooth"..also...one of those two fighters had just beaten the shit out of someone, 15 days earlier.

I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Benson...

Cerrone coasted in the Jury fight with ease, it's kinda silly to say 15 days wasn't enough time off between fights after that easy fight. Cerrone is a known slow starter so I don't know why you feel the need to defend his performance against Benson Smooth. I think after his slow start he knew he was down 2 rounds and gave up at that point. He knew he wasn't going to sub or KO Benson Smooth and would lose 2 rounds to 1 at best so he gave up.

I think the Bendo fight was a hard one for Cerrone for two reason, first one, he was a friend of his which fucked with him mentally and second reason, he fought about 6 Millions fight before that one this year. Rumours said aswell that Cerrone was pretty hurt for that fight. I thought Cerrone won that fight, but is really was a super close fight. Could have gone either way.
I thought Cerrone won, all I seem to remember is Bendo just punching Cerrone in the thigh to no effect.

Cerrone is on a hot winning streak.
Miles Jury just would not engage with him in their fight, making it so boring
(Remember Cerrone kicking him like crazy in the thighs when Jury was on the ground before the fight ended?)

And did everyone forget that Cerrone took the Henderson fight on short notice (2 weeks after the Miles Jury fight) to fill in for Eddie Alvarez.
I clearly remember him throwing like 0 leg kicks- he was obviously not near 100%.

With this much time to rest and train, it should be a real close fight.
Cerrone, just like RDA, has improved by leaps and bounds.

nope RDA already whooped him and he has gotten even better

RDA is also the only man to drop Cerrone to my recollection
RDA-drops-Cerrone.gif

Cerrone coasted in the Jury fight with ease, it's kinda silly to say 15 days wasn't enough time off between fights after that easy fight. Cerrone is a known slow starter so I don't know why you feel the need to defend his performance against Benson Smooth. I think after his slow start he knew he was down 2 rounds and gave up at that point. He knew he wasn't going to sub or KO Benson Smooth and would lose 2 rounds to 1 at best so he gave up.

I feel like you are doing a whole lot of assuming with this comment. Also, he WAS known as a slow starter...you can't say that for a single fight in this streak, except Benson...and Benson was every bit of hesitant. Punching someone in the thigh repeatedly doesn't win you a fight.

That last sentence is so full of shit, I don't even really feel the need to comment on it. No offense, but to suggest that Cerrone some how knew he was down two rounds, in a close fight and just knew he wasn't going to beat Benson, so he gave up....that's dumb.

According to fightmetric, Benson landed 13 head strikes 53 leg strikes. He wasn't doing any damage. I get the argument, but it was a close fight, Benson just had more output, Cerrone more damage. It wasn't a robbery. Close fight, that's it.

I feel like you are doing a whole lot of assuming with this comment. Also, he WAS known as a slow starter...you can't say that for a single fight in this streak, except Benson...and Benson was every bit of hesitant. Punching someone in the thigh repeatedly doesn't win you a fight.

That last sentence is so full of shit, I don't even really feel the need to comment on it. No offense, but to suggest that Cerrone some how knew he was down two rounds, in a close fight and just knew he wasn't going to beat Benson, so he gave up....that's dumb.

According to fightmetric, Benson landed 13 head strikes 53 leg strikes. He wasn't doing any damage. I get the argument, but it was a close fight, Benson just had more output, Cerrone more damage. It wasn't a robbery. Close fight, that's it.
A lot of those leg strikes were pointless jabs to the thigh. I had it for Cerrone, but it was close, indeed.

First fight was an unanimous decision win for RDA. Every round was copmpetitive but Cerrone ultimately fell to a lack of activity and failing to defend RDA's aggression. For what it's worth it seemed like Cowboy was gaining momentum in the third round.

This is how I remember it mostly. I felt RDA clearly won the first two and then Cerrone got it together in the 3rd. Could be interesting if this fight goes 5 rounds.

I feel RDA is a very safe bet here I'll probably play him in a parlay because I don't see Cerrone winning.

I have trouble picturing Cerrone winning. RDA seems like the better fighter and I think mentally Cerrone would rather stay active in the top 10 rather than being the champ and fighting 2x a year.

I don't know.

Cerrone should have lost to Bendo. What is even more scary he got outstruck by Bendo. That was this year.

Not that this is some huge knock on Cerrone. Bendo has always had his number. But, RDA is very aggressive and Donald seem to have mental lapses, like he did in his last fight against Henderson where he couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

Nate Diaz came at him aggressive and TOOLED him, bad. Like really bad.

31.gif

I'd favor RDA. But, worth a bet.

In addition that he fought Nate emotional cause the previous beef they had.

Against RDA, it seems that there is legit bad blood too.

The results were interesting:

Emotional and angry Cerrone against Nate = one side beating by Nate to Cerrone

Emotional and angry RDA against Nate = one side beating by RDA to Nate

Back