Cerrone vs RDA II - Cerrone 3 to 1 underdog! Good bet?

Freemind

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First of all, what a great fight!

I cant recall the first fight 100%, but wasnt it kinda a close fight with a SP win for dos anjos?

I mean RDA looked spectacular vs Pettis, but i think Pettis didnt had his best night.

Cerrone is on a big winstreak and i think its a good match up for him. He has a nice reach and hight advantage on RDA.

What do u guys think? How will the fight go? And is it a good idea to throw some money on Cerrone? I think 3 to 1 is a bit off. I thought they will have it on 2 to 1.

I would say no money on Cerrone, i love the guy and respect him greatly but Cerrone is known for not showing up to his full potential in big fights. I think all of his loses are in title fights, or #1 Contender fights.
Also Cerrone lost to RDA in 2013, and since then RDA has improved a lot, especially his stand up. I will be rooting for Cerrone ,but history says he will lose.

First fight was an unanimous decision win for RDA. Every round was copmpetitive but Cerrone ultimately fell to a lack of activity and failing to defend RDA's aggression. For what it's worth it seemed like Cowboy was gaining momentum in the third round.

RDA won the first two rounds easily. Cerrone won the 3rd when RDA slowed down a bit. But that was before RDA enhanced his performance after Khabib and became the beast he is today.

First fight was an unanimous decision win for RDA. Every round was copmpetitive but Cerrone ultimately fell to a lack of activity and failing to defend RDA's aggression. For what it's worth it seemed like Cowboy was gaining momentum in the third round.

I think Cerrone has gotten over, for the most part, his past tentative ways. You're correct though, it was RDA's aggression that ultimately won him the fight. According to fightmetric, Cerrone actually landed like 1 more strike than RDA, but RDA threw like 30 more than Cerrone.

Ah thats interesting. It will be a 5 round fight, which should benifit Cerrone imo. He will use alot of legkicks, which will hurt RDA in the long run.

On the otherhand, RDA never slowed down vs Pettis.

Cerrone is much more agressiv these days and he doesnt start so slowly anymore. I see the fight more like 40/60 for RDA.

At 3 to 1 it's a fantastic bet to take. RDA is probably more likely to win but he shouldn't be that big of a favourite IMO

I remember rda catching cerrone early and winning first 2 but cerrone found his groove in the 3rd.

I think cerrone at those odds is a great bet, what's the go with the testing for this fight? Petrie/rda didn't have random testing.

I don't know.

Cerrone should have lost to Bendo. What is even more scary he got outstruck by Bendo. That was this year.

Not that this is some huge knock on Cerrone. Bendo has always had his number. But, RDA is very aggressive and Donald seem to have mental lapses, like he did in his last fight against Henderson where he couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

Nate Diaz came at him aggressive and TOOLED him, bad. Like really bad.

31.gif

I'd favor RDA. But, worth a bet.

I hope most just count Cowboy out. Thats when he's at his best.
So make bets but please don't jinx it...

I don't know.

Cerrone should have lost to Bendo. What is even more scary he got outstruck by Bendo. That was this year.

Not that this is some huge knock on Cerrone. Bendo has always had his number. But, RDA is very aggressive and Donald seem to have mental lapses, like he did in his last fight against Henderson where he couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

I think the Bendo fight was a hard one for Cerrone for two reason, first one, he was a friend of his which fucked with him mentally and second reason, he fought about 6 Millions fight before that one this year. Rumours said aswell that Cerrone was pretty hurt for that fight. I thought Cerrone won that fight, but is really was a super close fight. Could have gone either way.

I don't know.

Nate Diaz came at him aggressive and TOOLED him, bad. Like really bad.

31.gif

Nate Diaz is an absolute monster standing especially when his opponent shows no takedown thread. Cerrone did play straight to his pocket but that fight was long time ago.

RDA is another kinda of monster nowdays. I'd say RDA will tool with Cerrone to a UD.

I think RDA is going to dominate him via aggressive boxing and takedowns, much like he did against Pettis.

I think Cerrone has improved a lot. I will be rooting for him. In MMA, you never have a sure bet, but Cerrone has a chance and sounds like the odds are good. Bet what you can afford to lose.

I think he is far better than what he was in that Diaz fight. I used to think him to be no more than a gate keeper for the top 3-5, but now he is a real contender.

I think Cerrone has gotten over, for the most part, his past tentative ways. You're correct though, it was RDA's aggression that ultimately won him the fight. According to fightmetric, Cerrone actually landed like 1 more strike than RDA, but RDA threw like 30 more than Cerrone.

He was pretty tentative in the first two rounds of the Benson Smooth fight. I don't think he'll ever get over slow starts and under-performing in big fights.

I hope Cerrone wins this. Having someone like him as champion would be awesome. More fighters need to try and be as active as Cowboy.

Horrible, horrible bet. RDA 2.0 has walked thru Bendo and Pettis. Cerrone arguably lost to Bendo this year. One might as well bet on a weak girl against Ronda Rousey.

Ah thats interesting. It will be a 5 round fight, which should benifit Cerrone imo. He will use alot of legkicks, which will hurt RDA in the long run.

On the otherhand, RDA never slowed down vs Pettis.

Cerrone is much more agressiv these days and he doesnt start so slowly anymore. I see the fight more like 40/60 for RDA.

I agree with that

Back