Cerrone vs RDA II - Cerrone 3 to 1 underdog! Good bet?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Freemind, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Freemind

Freemind Blue Belt

First of all, what a great fight!

I cant recall the first fight 100%, but wasnt it kinda a close fight with a SP win for dos anjos?

I mean RDA looked spectacular vs Pettis, but i think Pettis didnt had his best night.

Cerrone is on a big winstreak and i think its a good match up for him. He has a nice reach and hight advantage on RDA.

What do u guys think? How will the fight go? And is it a good idea to throw some money on Cerrone? I think 3 to 1 is a bit off. I thought they will have it on 2 to 1.

2. BuffaloEmperor

BuffaloEmperor Brown Belt

I would say no money on Cerrone, i love the guy and respect him greatly but Cerrone is known for not showing up to his full potential in big fights. I think all of his loses are in title fights, or #1 Contender fights.
    Also Cerrone lost to RDA in 2013, and since then RDA has improved a lot, especially his stand up. I will be rooting for Cerrone ,but history says he will lose.

3. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

First fight was an unanimous decision win for RDA. Every round was copmpetitive but Cerrone ultimately fell to a lack of activity and failing to defend RDA's aggression. For what it's worth it seemed like Cowboy was gaining momentum in the third round.

4. FlyingKimurabar

FlyingKimurabar Silver Belt

RDA won the first two rounds easily. Cerrone won the 3rd when RDA slowed down a bit. But that was before RDA enhanced his performance after Khabib and became the beast he is today.

5. MarkyMcFly

MarkyMcFly Silver Belt

I think Cerrone has gotten over, for the most part, his past tentative ways. You're correct though, it was RDA's aggression that ultimately won him the fight. According to fightmetric, Cerrone actually landed like 1 more strike than RDA, but RDA threw like 30 more than Cerrone.

6. Freemind

Freemind Blue Belt

Ah thats interesting. It will be a 5 round fight, which should benifit Cerrone imo. He will use alot of legkicks, which will hurt RDA in the long run.

On the otherhand, RDA never slowed down vs Pettis.

Cerrone is much more agressiv these days and he doesnt start so slowly anymore. I see the fight more like 40/60 for RDA.

7. sforza

sforza White Belt

At 3 to 1 it's a fantastic bet to take. RDA is probably more likely to win but he shouldn't be that big of a favourite IMO

8. Mga223

Mga223 Steel Belt

I remember rda catching cerrone early and winning first 2 but cerrone found his groove in the 3rd.

I think cerrone at those odds is a great bet, what's the go with the testing for this fight? Petrie/rda didn't have random testing.

9. Namek

Namek Brown Belt

I don't know.

Cerrone should have lost to Bendo. What is even more scary he got outstruck by Bendo. That was this year.

Not that this is some huge knock on Cerrone. Bendo has always had his number. But, RDA is very aggressive and Donald seem to have mental lapses, like he did in his last fight against Henderson where he couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

Nate Diaz came at him aggressive and TOOLED him, bad. Like really bad.

[​IMG]

I'd favor RDA. But, worth a bet.

10. sonhow

sonhow Silver Coin

I hope most just count Cowboy out. Thats when he's at his best.
    So make bets but please don't jinx it...

11. Freemind

Freemind Blue Belt

I think the Bendo fight was a hard one for Cerrone for two reason, first one, he was a friend of his which fucked with him mentally and second reason, he fought about 6 Millions fight before that one this year. Rumours said aswell that Cerrone was pretty hurt for that fight. I thought Cerrone won that fight, but is really was a super close fight. Could have gone either way.

12. sonhow

sonhow Silver Coin

Nate Diaz is an absolute monster standing especially when his opponent shows no takedown thread. Cerrone did play straight to his pocket but that fight was long time ago.

13. madi

madi Green Belt

RDA is another kinda of monster nowdays. I'd say RDA will tool with Cerrone to a UD.

14. cevo

cevo Red Belt

I think RDA is going to dominate him via aggressive boxing and takedowns, much like he did against Pettis.

15. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

RDA by UD

16. Royhalibut

Royhalibut Blue Belt

I think Cerrone has improved a lot. I will be rooting for him. In MMA, you never have a sure bet, but Cerrone has a chance and sounds like the odds are good. Bet what you can afford to lose.

I think he is far better than what he was in that Diaz fight. I used to think him to be no more than a gate keeper for the top 3-5, but now he is a real contender.

17. Ragnarocker

Ragnarocker Banned Banned

He was pretty tentative in the first two rounds of the Benson Smooth fight. I don't think he'll ever get over slow starts and under-performing in big fights.

18. VinceArch

VinceArch Venom in the veins.

I hope Cerrone wins this. Having someone like him as champion would be awesome. More fighters need to try and be as active as Cowboy.

19. Sigoff2

Sigoff2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Horrible, horrible bet. RDA 2.0 has walked thru Bendo and Pettis. Cerrone arguably lost to Bendo this year. One might as well bet on a weak girl against Ronda Rousey.

20. Lonestar73

Lonestar73 Orange Belt

I agree with that