Cerrone VS Pettis (Stand Up)

Wow that was fast... Pettis raped him lol nasty body kick man...

I lol'd with the flying knee too

Now Rampage vs Glover!!

It was a weird fight for me. The fight started and I'm "okay, mhmm, nice movement, oh what? He got dropped with like no effort." That liver kick was so clean, that it looked effortless from pettis.

I love Pettis style. even though he is a TKD guy he doesnt spam kicks. He throws alot of hands to distract his opponents and set up vicious kicks.

He throws alot of hands to distract his opponents and set up vicious kicks.

yep and this is the way good TKd should be executed but sadly rarely is these days

Cerrone was outclassed, which isnt shocking as we have seen him outstruck and hurt by lesser strikers; but him being put out like that is shocking..I wouldn't predict him being stopped..maybe beaten the f*ck up...but not beaten down. Guess Tkd gets added to the list of credible striking arts as the Tod guy mowed down the muay Thai guy..LOL.

dude threw a goddamn flying knee off the cage. I can't wait for the inevitable Bendo rematch.

showtime knee, beautiful hahaha. dudes such a beast. and that cartwheel type kick he threw was fast as shit too. TKD still has nothing on muay thai though for all of you thinking this gives TKD a 1 up on muay thai

showtime knee, beautiful hahaha. dudes such a beast. and that cartwheel type kick he threw was fast as shit too. TKD still has nothing on muay thai though for all of you thinking this gives TKD a 1 up on muay thai

Pettis clearly uses his TKD in his fights though, and his speed is undoubtedly due to it.

Pettis clearly uses his TKD in his fights though, and his speed is undoubtedly due to it.

eh he won with kick to the body though. Its not like thats a technique unique to TKD

His win had a lot more to do with cerrones terrible defense and inability to handle a south paw than it had to with what styles were being used

I think pettis take this. but he need to stick to the basics. and skip the jet li stuff.

HybridTrainingPart140-2.gif

KneePettis.gif

eh he won with kick to the body though. Its not like thats a technique unique to TKD

His win had a lot more to do with cerrones terrible defense and inability to handle a south paw than it had to with what styles were being used

If you strip away the sport elements, most martial arts pretty much have the same techniques.

Punches, kicks, knees and elbows are found in TKD, MT, karate, etc. Just like a roundhouse can't be claimed uniquely as TKD, knees and elbows can't be claimed uniquely as MT.

cowboy needs to redeem himself , pettis wont get into his head like nate diaz did ,

im going with cowboy only because his ground game is better , pettis may have slight edge standing , but after he got wrestle fucked by guida he will avoid the ground and that is what will throw him off his game , i think cowboy will take him down early just to throw him off , should be a great fight

cowboy rd 3 decision

he needed to redeem himself after Nate? you must have missed the striking clinic he put on Jeremy Stephens or the KO of Guillard.

either way, my call before the fight was Cowboy via round 2 sub but oh well...body shots hurt.

didn't Pettis eat a knee for that cartwheel kick?

this is how you KO someone with a cartwheel kick:

Well lots of martial arts share similar techniques. I think what separates his kicking from the MT guys is his speed and accuracy. He got it form his TKD training which he has done since a kid.

Pettis, speed kills and he's too slick and creative. Cerrone is a bit of a predictable plodder by comparison.

Bumping this, as predicted

yep and this is the way good TKd should be executed but sadly rarely is these days
Guess Tkd gets added to the list of credible striking arts as the Tod guy mowed down the muay Thai guy..LOL.
The fact that he is a Duke Roufus prodigy (MT trainer) has a lot to do with how he fights. TKD is a fine base if you compliment it with a proper full contact ring style. Just take Anderson Silva as an example.

The cartwheel kick is a Muay Thai technique and so is that jumping knee as seen in Ong Bak :icon_lol:

If you strip away the sport elements, most martial arts pretty much have the same techniques.

Punches, kicks, knees and elbows are found in TKD, MT, karate, etc. Just like a roundhouse can't be claimed uniquely as TKD, knees and elbows can't be claimed uniquely as MT.

Right, the techniques are universal, its his style that is different. You cant say that every technique is a MT technique by default.

The cartwheel kick is a Muay Thai technique and so is that jumping knee as seen in Ong Bak :icon_lol:

Yes you are right, every technique is Muay Thai, no other martial arts exist.:icon_neut

Any time anyone wins it is MT, but when they lose it is not MT.

Am i doing it right?

Very anticlimatic fight. I wanted a three rounder damnit.

What did you guys think about Rampage last night?

Last edited:
I'm never predicting a fight again on this stupid Forum!!!
Sill would have give Grant ko of the night though.

Not only was Bas a lover of the liver, but he always advocated waiting and attacking something else after you have someone hurt to the body.

Bas despised livers and made it his lifes work to destroy them. He also hated eyes, that's why he made "Here comes the boom"

Back