Cerrone vs Jury/Lombard vs Burkman

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by oldschoolmmafan, Jan 2, 2015.

1. oldschoolmmafan

oldschoolmmafan PEOPLE=SHIT

Seems like these two fights are flying under the radar with the main event in store but I think Cerrone vs Jury has the potential to be a all out war. Who gets the W in these two fights and how?

2. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

I think Burkman is being slept on here, he has a chance at wearing out Lombard. Smart money is still Lombard, but I'm picking Burkman as dog for a parlay. I think Cerrone gets a dec and a bonus cheque.

3. 3timesacharm

3timesacharm Brown Belt

its quite understandable considering all the bad blood/talk the main event has, in saying that i think cowboy by UD because he is so well rounded and has the experance. Lombard by TKO in round 1 or 2 because he is a freaking monster

4. joeyjoejoe

joeyjoejoe Silver Belt

If Cowboy fucks up then I could see Jury taking a decision but I hope he's on point. A familiar situation for Lombard, he's in a fight that he should easily win :) if he fucks up and loses I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

5. Kertol

Kertol Brown Belt

Jury by having a superior fight iq.

6. oldschoolmmafan

I put a little on Burkman you never know whats gonna happen with Lombard. P.S cant believe Tanner has been gone that long, just saw your sig seems like it was just yesterday. RIP Tanner.

7. RockyLockridge

RockyLockridge Silver Belt

I actually think Kyoji Horiguchi vs Louis Gaudinot is the fight People want to see, but don't even know it yet.

I'd bet that fight will be more entertaining than the other two, It also has more divisional relevance than the other two as well.

8. Kane1990

Kane1990 Blue Belt

The Cerrone Jury fight is very interesting for me as I am leaning towards Jury pulling off the upset. Infact I am going to have a cheay bet for a Jury UD at odds 2.67.

I see Jury winning 29-28 on the Cards, how does he get it done?

He has to start by suriving the first round. If he can do this which I believe he will, he uses lateral movement with mixed up sktriking. I also think he can implement a good gameplan to take Cerrone down.

9. Kane1990

Kane1990 Blue Belt

Oh Lombard Burkman

Lombard TKO rd 1

10. irish_thug

Yeah, it bums me out all the time, but it stays there forever.

11. M Raid K

M Raid K Black Belt

I think Jury will be able to absolutely outsmart Cowboy (easier than you think) and win on points.
    Burkman will be a punching bag for Lombard (who is simply on another class), but will survive to the decision due to his toughness.

None of them will get FOTN; it belongs to Jones-Cormier and rightfully so. Jury or Cerrone may get POTN.

12. JDB

JDB Brown Belt

CB is in a pretty good place right now or has been his last few fights, I think Jury is in for a tough fight.

13. oldschoolmmafan

Do you remember that triangle choke he caught Lawler with at UFC 50? I still watch that from time to time.

14. irish_thug

I've been an Evan Tanner fan since the dark ages of MMA, I rewatch a lot of his fights (gotta love that fightpass). Especially the ones where he wins and looks good doing it. I still watch the second Franklin fight thinking if he done certain things differently he would have won. Then he would have gone on to coach on tuf. He would have obliterated Mat Hughes when they fought and everything would have been rosy.