Cerrone undersized...

UnTrust

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That was my first thought but damn that was pretty impressive. I've never seen him utlilise any bjj like that...ever

With his shot chin this should be his new gameplan in every fight. Great triangle

That was my first thought but damn that was pretty impressive. I've never seen him utlilise any bjj like that...ever
lol you havent seen any of his older fights then. Some of them were in the ufc

lol you havent seen any of his older fights then. Some of them were in the ufc
I didn't watch very much WEC, admittedly, but I don't recall any in the UFC. I'm old though and watched a ton of fights so I don't remember everything....

I didn't watch very much WEC, admittedly, but I don't recall any in the UFC. I'm old though and watched a ton of fights so I don't remember everything....
he submitted paul kelly, dennis siver, evan dunham who has very underrated grappling himself, and edson barboza in the ufc. In the wec he subbed danny castillo, james krause, ed ratcliff, and chris horodecki. All were very slick subs

Sorry i meant his body. Why risking standing up where he can take a bodyshot
Anyone can get caught with a killer body shot. I've trained for years and was only dropped once by a body shot...and that was against my little brother. It happens, if it was something that has happened more than once I could agree with you but the guy fights more than anyone and it's never been a problem before

he submitted paul kelly, dennis siver, evan dunham who has very underrated grappling himself, and edson barboza in the ufc. In the wec he subbed danny castillo, james krause, ed ratcliff, and chris horodecki. All were very slick subs
Thanks for the reminder bro, I honestly don't remember...:hiding:

He also put Jury in an omoplata as soon as they hit the ground in their fight and ended up taking his back for much of the bout as well. Cerrone utilizes BJJ as well as anybody in MMA short of Demian Maia IMO.

If you want to see impressive offensive BJJ off one's back, go watch Bendo-Cerrone 1.

I'm glad Cerrone went for the takedown. He's got a very well-rounded game, no reason not to use it.

And while he is one of the most active fighters ever, no reason to take more wear-and-tear than needed.

Cerrone having 16 wins by submission has to be one of the most overlooked facts out there. Many just focus on his recent KOs. He's been interviewed before about it. Said he knew that being a kickboxer people would be able to take him down so he spent majority of his early mma training on ground game so he'd be ready when it happened.

Last edited:
He's got great BJJ, but I think he stands up for entertainment purposes. That's the only reason I can think of for him not using his ground game more.

Anyone can get caught with a killer body shot. I've trained for years and was only dropped once by a body shot...and that was against my little brother. It happens, if it was something that has happened more than once I could agree with you but the guy fights more than anyone and it's never been a problem before
Cerrone has admitted to having a glass liver

He came very close to submitting Benson a few times. Dude is legit and has been for awhile.

Didnt both pettis and RDA hit him in the liver.

Back