Cerrone should be favored over Miller..

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dontevenguess93, May 13, 2014.

1. Dontevenguess93

Dontevenguess93 Brown Belt

I have been seeing a trend among many of you saying Miller will have Cerrone's number because Cerrone can't handle pressure fighters and Miller goes forward a lot.

No offense, but that's dumb logic in my opinion. Going forward is not a sure way of beating Cowboy. If it was, Barboza, Martins, and Melvin would surely have beaten him since they all came out guns blazing and going forward.

Let's be real. Donald only has 3 losses in the UFC. He did not lose to those guys because they pressured him, he lost to them because they were better that night. RDA, Diaz, and Pettis are 3 bad asses who either are or have been top 5 recently. They all hold one thing in common, good enough striking to threaten Donald at his own game. This is something Miller does not have.

Miller losses to Diaz and IMO would lose to RDA and Pettis too. A fight is a fight, Miller is tough and can certainly make it interesting but I think Donald should be favored and his losses should be looked at in perspective. What you say?

2. Silent311

Silent311 Yellow Belt

Im a cowboy fan from the start...through and through...so im catching the rope youre throwin.
    Vs miller will be fireworks in my opinion.

3. MeatheadFighter

MeatheadFighter Green Belt

Cerrone will dominate Miller in the standup. 1st round KO.

4. FlyingKimurabar

FlyingKimurabar Silver Belt

Miller is a superior grappler. Better wrestling and better BJJ.

Cerrone is better standing.

Unlike Melvin & Barboza Jim Miller has a chin and sick bjj.

I expect the odds to be pretty close.

5. Dontevenguess93

I'm with you man. I love Cowboy. That's why I'm trying to remind people his few losses are nothing to scoff at, they were all tough fights.

6. Dontevenguess93

Superior grappler I wouldn't go that far. Miller may win a straight Jiu Jitsu match but this is mma and cowboy can certainly rock and sub him. Miller has been submitted twice you know.

7. Silent311

Silent311 Yellow Belt

The one I don't understand is his vs. nate diaz... it was like a hooker burned him in all night and he had no sleep or something... I know somedays I am not on my "A" game... that must have been his day.

8. Dontevenguess93

I would favor him in a rematch over RDA and possibly Diaz. Diaz is a bad ass though and you never know with him.

9. jackietreehorn8

jackietreehorn8 fine

Cowboy will land plenty of punches, I have no doubt about that.

I think Miller can get him down though and do a lot of damage from top position and/or threaten with subs.

I think a close decision goes to Miller.

Both epitomize the best in mixed martial arts imo. True gamers, and highly skilled ones.

10. theanticool

theanticool Brown Belt

While I do have Cerrone being the favorite against miller, pressure fighting is the way to beat him. Nate, Pettis, and RDA were constantly on him when they were in distance pushing him back and makng it difficult for him to throw up those kicks.
    Cerrone stopped Martins from moving forwrd with a mean body shot about half way through. He ended up standing in front of Cerrone instead of pressing him from there on out iirc. Similar to Melvin who just stood in front of him. To beat Cerrone, you gotta bully him around a bit.

11. Pakman

Pakman Gold Belt

Miller will win a pretty clear cut decision imo. Cerrone will have his flashes of brilliance, but ultimately, won't get the finish and will be grinded out. Miller's just a better all around fighter and someone who deserves to be in the top 10.

12. Dontevenguess93

Don't get me wrong it can be a weakness of his. That being said, to capitalize on it, you need to back it up with excellent striking and sometimes that is even not enough. Miller is not a power puncher, or a clean striker, and he is at a major length disadvantage.

I'm not saying Miller sucks or anything. I'm just saying stylistically it's tough for him. Cerrone would be by far Millers biggest win.

13. FlyingKimurabar

Grappler also includes wrestling.

14. Dontevenguess93

I wouldn't be so sure. Miller has lost to worse guys than Cerrone. The same cannot be said vice versa.

I'm not dumb enough to count Miller out. I'm just saying it would be against the odds IMO.

15. Dontevenguess93

I ignored that for a reason. When was the last time Cowboy was tossed around or beaten with wrestling? Has that ever even happened in the UFC? Not to mention Miller will have to close a lot of distance being shorter and with Cowboy being a rangier fighter as it is.

16. FlyingKimurabar

The last time he faced a decent wrestler in Benson Henderson.

Sure Cerrone hasn't been out wrestled a lot. But look at his resume, dude hasn't fought a good wrestler since WEC.

Miller is far and away the best wrestler Cerrone has faced since Ben Henderson.

17. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

mma math is wrong as often as it's right. Most fighters that beat miller have a similar attribute: the ability to out grind and out pace him. I don't think that coWboy has that ability. This fight is A toss up for me.

18. dbsh209

dbsh209 Brown Belt

Cowboy should take this.

19. Dontevenguess93

I see your point, I guess we'll find out.

20. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

100% cowboy