Cerrone Is The Fighter...

CJ86

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
That stoners think the Diaz brothers are. The guy is as real as it gets, and only comes to fight. Nate used to be realer, but he's becoming as big a prima dona as Nick is. Nick refuses to work his way up and just sooks his way through a UFC career. Quite sad, to be honest.

...that Gotham needs.

Not even veiled Diaz hate thread.

Why do you care? just watch them fight when they fight.

The guy's fucking crazy for sure. What would he do if he were to actually win the title. If that dude were ever forced to wait six months between fights we'd see cocaine binges that put scarface to shame.

I totally agree, the Diazes are very entertaining fighters but dont really represent the "just scrap" mentality their deluded fans so adore.

The guy's fucking crazy for sure. What would he do if he were to actually win the title. If that dude were ever forced to wait six months between fights we'd see cocaine binges that put scarface to shame.

This

The guy's fucking crazy for sure. What would he do if he were to actually win the title. If that dude were ever forced to wait six months between fights we'd see cocaine binges that put Jon Jones to shame.

Fixed...

Tis true that the bros Diaz are known for being the "anywhere anytime anybody anyway way" types. But in reality are in fact the opposite when compared to most other fighters. More like where I want, when I want, who I want, and how I want.

First off I like Cerrone...But Its easy to why some fighters would think he's a bit of a company man/ would sell them out to remain in good standing with Dana. When it comes to complex issues like fighter pay, the UFC being a monopoly, the sponsorship deal and the Unionization of UFC Fighters...

I think many fighters would rather have a peer that questioned the UFC's practices, rather then simply say 'O well, Uncle Dana has done so much for us....He knows exactly what he is doing... So Lets just take everything that Dana White says at face value"... He strikes me as the type of fighter, who if he got to the top...would simply enjoy the riches that he rightfully earned by fighting a grueling schedule....but wouldn't try to improve the state of the company for future fighters.

I'm not a big fan of GSP... But his insistence that the UFC clean up their act and have more stringent testing, should be applauded (in fact that was one of the conditions that he mentioned that needed to be addressed for him to return to the octagon). Furthermore, his attempt to fight Hendricks on a level playing field and improve the conditions of the company's drug testing protocol should be applauded... However, when the negotiations hit a snag with Hendricks....Who was the first one to gleefully examine how dumb of an idea it was for GSP to try to use a better means to drug test? Of Course it was Dana White, because the drug testing of his athletes has been ridiculed in the past by the media and he wanted to stick it to all the critics and at the same time kind of put down GSP for trying to change the status quo.

In short, I like Cerrone the fighter and his fight at any time approach *is admirable...But he would be an even bigger figure/would have more of a lasting impact....If he took up a cause and improved the conditions of the UFC for the entire locker room.

I also included this long statement from Diaz. I don't follow Nate as closely, but I do think he makes a valid point, when he alludes to Cerrone, not questioning fighter pay.

"I just want to say, all these guys like Donald Cerrone that say 'I want to fight, I want to fight' and all this, and everyone's praising him for all the shit he's saying, 'I want to do this, I want to do that.' I don't even want to say his name, let's just say that fucking Cowboy, he's like, 'I want to fight.' This is all a sales pitch, and fans like that.

I'm not trying to downplay him because he's doing his thing. He's doing great, he's fighting a lot, but all these things he's doing, and all these things he's trying to do, 'I'm fighting five time a year.' It's an act. I already did everything he's trying to do.

Fighting five times a year? I've done that the whole time I've been here. My first year in the UFC I fought five times. The year before the UFC, I fought five times and every time since then it's been three to five times a year up until these last few years. The only difference is that I wasn't sitting there talking it up. So, the goals he's setting? I already did that years ago, the only difference is that he's talking about it and selling it to everybody. That shit's already been done.

Then he's talking about how tough fighters need to quit bitching. That's all a sales pitch. We're all after the same objective, we all want more money, but he's kissing ass to do that. He's trying to be like, 'Hey, did you hear what I said?' and I'm more on demand, 'give me my shit that I deserve.'"

[YT]HqJuspNTvlg[/YT]

Last edited:
Fighting five times a year? I've done that the whole time I've been here. My first year in the UFC I fought five times. The year before the UFC, I fought five times and every time since then it's been three to five times a year up until these last few years. The only difference is that I wasn't sitting there talking it up. So, the goals he's setting? I already did that years ago, the only difference is that he's talking about it and selling it to everybody. That shit's already been done.

I guess he's counting his TUF exhibition fights because Nate fought twice in his first year in the UFC. He fought 4 times in 2011; that's his busiest year in the UFC.

He's correct that he fought five times in 2006, though.

Nate Diaz acting like an immature teenager and pretending to be "hard" has really improved things for the fighters.

Him and his buddy Bobby Green are really going to change the system with their great image and positive contributions to MMA.

The only difference is that I wasn't sitting there talking it up. So, the goals he's setting? I already did that years ago, the only difference is that he's talking about it and selling it to everybody. That shit's already been done.

Now Nate, ask yourself why he's making bank and you aren't.

I'd love for Cerrone to fight a rematch with Diaz next, win or lose. But he'd probably have to wait a year before Diaz is ready to fight again.

Back