*Cerrone is a 100% gatekeeper: Beats the average guys, losses to the top ones*

He's not exactly getting hype nowadays so I don't know why this thread is titled like it's proving something. He used to be a contender but now he is a high level gatekeeper. No news here

So was Bisping but in the end he got the title. Hope same thing somehow happens to Cowboy.

Oh, and I still believe that Cowboy beat Robbie who's definietely a top fighter. Fucking robbery.

I will make a sig bet with someone. I've got Cerrone winning. Anyone?

He is a legendary gatekeeper though.

Yes, he’s one of the best gatekeepers of all time who on any given night can randomly beat the best in the world (or at least on paper he has the skills to do so).

He’s like a LW Bisping.

No, Cerrone isn't a gatekeeper.

Gatekeepers haven't beaten UFC champs and don't fight for titles. Cerrone beat Benson Henderson and Eddie Alvarez. Also defeated Mike Perry to win the Platinum belt......

Why are we creating threads stating the obvious

Not everyone needs to be the best

Lots of fan favourites who werent the best, lytle, pyle etc

No, Cerrone isn't a gatekeeper.

Gatekeepers haven't beaten UFC champs and don't fight for titles. Cerrone beat Benson Henderson and Eddie Alvarez. Also defeated Mike Perry to win the Platinum belt......

Former champs, and yes gatekeepers have beaten former champs

Disagree. So if Iaquinta wins though then you get to say you are right but if Cerrone wins then you can say Iaquinta falls in that same category. Way to go TS.

Former champs, and yes gatekeepers have beaten former champs

A former champ isn't a gatekeeper
A title challenger isn't a gatekeeper
A guy who separates the good from the bad is a gatekeeper. The best example is Gary Goodridge in Pride.

A former champ isn't a gatekeeper
A title challenger isn't a gatekeeper
A guy who separates the good from the bad is a gatekeeper. The best example is Gary Goodridge in Pride.

Cerrones a prime gatekeeper, not that impressed with beating alvarez

Sorry brother gotta disagree, Cerrone broke into the top 10 in the deepest MMA division in mid 2012... I’d agree with the sentiment that he’s akin to a LW Bisping, like him or not Donald always comes to bang win lose or draw and he’s far from a gate keeper. He’s an asset to to modern MMA, a throwback, like most on this forum I’ll always tune into see Cerrone perform, cant say that about most gate keepers fighting in the UFC.

This fight is such a pick'em to me. I can see all kinds of different outcomes happening. I looked up the betting lines and it's Iaquinta -155 Cerrone +125 which is super close. Cerrone is probably good value here.

He’s about the best “gatekeeper” ever so thats gotta count for something.
He was a prospect (2006-2009), then a top contender (2009-2016) and now best gatekeeper (2017-present). It's the progression of a lot of great not-quite-champion level fighters.
Cerrone will go down as one of the most memorable and important fighters of this era.

I mean how many damn gates does the UFC have to protect??
Seems like they employ a lot of gatekeepers but have no actual gates

Should call it the Gate-agon instead of the Octagon

What would possess a person to make a thread like this? What's the point?

A gatekeeper -- by its very definition -- would never have a title-shot. Cerrone has had a title-shoot in the UFC.

Being a gatekeeper in the UFC isn't the worst thing in the world.

a-comprehensive-list-of-the-fighters-who-have-called-for-title-shots-against-michael-bisping.jpg

Back