Cerrone is 8-7 over his last 15 fights spanning 4+ years

3nigma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
8-7 record starting with losing to RDA for the LW title a little over 4 years ago. He was 12-3 in his previous 15 fights before that and 11-3-1 in the 15 before that.

Great career with plenty of big wins but let us no pretend like he is the Cowboy of old who could string together 6-7 fight win streaks. This is Nate Diaz .500 record level fighting that Cerrone is now doing.

Conor should walk away if he blows this.

Now do the same for Conor for the past 4 years and let’s compare.

Cowboy has been moving through quicksand lately and that’s saying something as he has always been slow. He has only lost to pretty much elite competition in his last 15 fights though. Losses to Gaethje, Tony, Edwards, Till, Lawler, Masvidal, RDA.

He beats the kids and the old age pensioners

Loses to anyone decent

always been the way with him baring the odd exception

record is fitting

His losses are against top notch fighters tho. Tony Ferguson, Gaethje, Leon Edwards, Robbie Lawler, Masvidal, RDA.

I wouldn't be ashamed that's a murderer row

There's 3 kinds of lies,lies..damn lies and statistics.

Lets just ignore level of competition and everything important and start blabbing out some stupid numbers to push my motive.

Conor is 2-2 in the last fours years (well, 2-3, if you count Floyd, 2-3-1, if you include the old guy in the bar), he's also 1-4 with submissions, Cowboy is 17-1. Look, we're all full of stats.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we can believe the American weight scales were accurate on those Cerrone fights.

There wasn't any butchers putting thumbs on the scales.

If you are going to run up a big streak in a weight limited division some people are going to question the scales.

At least he will have an even record after Sat..

I think it's pretty unfair to characterise his 8-7 as a bad record, Cowboy has only been fighting top fighters for a long long time.

Last edited:
8-7 against the opponents he fought is good.

In his last four years, Conor is 2-2.
Man, 2-2 is a record more suitable for StreetBeefs than UFC, let me tell you..

I can even hear it...

"Streetbeefs! On this corner, we have Juan El Torito, all the way from Guanajuato, with a record of 1-4, and on this corner we have Conor El Proper, with a record of 2-2".

How bold of Conor to take this fight against Tony and Gaethje’s fresh leftovers to get that hard earned title shot. If Conor wins, it will easily be his most impressive win since 2016.

8-7 record starting with losing to RDA for the LW title a little over 4 years ago. He was 12-3 in his previous 15 fights before that and 11-3-1 in the 15 before that.

Great career with plenty of big wins but let us no pretend like he is the Cowboy of old who could string together 6-7 fight win streaks. This is Nate Diaz .500 record level fighting that Cerrone is now doing.

Conor should walk away if he blows this.

8-7
Well, he will be 8-8

giphy.gif

I actually think this fight is the perfect test for Conor. Is his heart still in MMA (after that $100 million paycheck for Mayweather and all his out-of-the-cage controversy)? If so, he should win via KO or a dominant UD by like Nate vs. Cerrone. If he loses or it's really close, then Conor is probably done...not based on his age or wear, just mentally.

Back