Cerrone beats Pettis in rematch

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I really think that Cerrone would beat Pettis in a rematch. First fight ended kinda crazy with a well-aimed kick to the body which crumpled Cerrone. He's gotten much better since, including his striking. Pettis caught him with the perfect body shot, props to him, it was a highlight reel type win.

I think Cerrone could win in a rematch. I hope to see a rematch in the near future. Pettis is no longer champ, and if Cerrone beats RDA I could see Pettis getting a title shot pretty quick with one, or at most two, wins.

Anyone else like Cerrone in a rematch against Pettis?

60485895.jpg

...and I'm a huge Cowboy fan.

Reason? Cowboy gets hit too much. He took way too much unnecessary punishment against Makdessi, and Pettis would take advantage of that lack of striking defense again.

I really think that Cerrone would beat Pettis in a rematch. First fight ended kinda crazy with a well-aimed kick to the body which crumpled Cerrone. He's gotten much better since, including his striking. Pettis caught him with the perfect body shot, props to him, it was a highlight reel type win.

I think Cerrone could win in a rematch. I hope to see a rematch in the near future. Pettis is no longer champ, and if Cerrone beats RDA I could see Pettis getting a title shot pretty quick with one, or at most two, wins.

Anyone else like Cerrone in a rematch against Pettis?

Now let's not carried away here.

Fuck no. Pettis is better than Cerrone at everything.... Still.

Cerrone's got more heart I think. I feel like Pettis mentally broke in the losses to Guida and RDA. Got grinded away and didn't offer that much at all. I think he's kinda of a front runner type that can get frustrated when things aren't going his way.

Pettis wins. Cerrone doesn't have the advantage anywhere.

I think Cerrone has the definite advantage on the ground, but he rarely uses that ground skill except to finish. Pettis surprised people with his subs on Bendo and Giblert so they were careless.

Cerrone's got more heart I think. I feel like Pettis mentally broke in the losses to Guida and RDA. Got grinded away and didn't offer that much at all. I think he's kinda of a front runner type that can get frustrated when things aren't going his way.
This is foolish. Pettis came back from the Guida fight with much improved grappling and ground skills and then went on to become champion. RDA broke his face in the first round and he hasn't fought since then. He'll be back and challenging for the title again.

60485895.jpg

...and I'm a huge Cowboy fan.

Reason? Cowboy gets hit too much. He took way too much unnecessary punishment against Makdessi, and Pettis would take advantage of that lack of striking defense again.

/thread. Cowboy is the man, but he leaves himself open too much and guys with striking accuracy like Pettis and Nate Diaz pick him apart. Sure, Cowboy can sleep either of those guys on any given night but the odds aren't in his favor. They're just bad matchups for him.

People focus wayyyy too much on "momentum" in mma matchups. Cerrone may be on a long streak but it's over fairly mediocre competition. This reminds me of the people saying "Ooo, Tim Means crushed 4 cans and now he's going to beat Matt Brown. Brown's lost 2 in a row, he's done."

I am a big Cerrone fan and I hate Anthony "Injury" Pettis but this is one of the worst matchups in the division for him and little has changed since the first fight. Cerrone doesn't have good offensive wrestling, is certainly the lesser striker, and he has a habit of shutting off when the fight doesn't go his way. Pettis might not stop Cerrone in a rematch, but I'd be shocked if he didn't win

Cerrone's loss to Pettis looked like forest's loss to Anderson. Ass whoopings like that are a rare breed. It makes Barao vs Dillashaw look competitive by comparison, one and two.

Would be maybe a much competitive fight but Pettis takes it anyway.

Cowboy is my favorite fighter, but I doubt it.

Pettis is a terrible match up for Cerrone. The fighters he struggles the most against are guys who are pressure fighters who can match him in the striking department. He's amazing when he's the one pressing forward, but he sucks fighting in reverse.

Unfortunately, RDA is a terrible match up for him too. Hope he can find a way to pull it off.

I don't think cowboy has what it takes for Pettis
Cowboys boxing isn't good enough to stay in his face like rda did
He should spend some tim with Freddy roach

It wasn't just one well timed body kick, Pettis was working him

Pettis-1-kick.gif

Pettis-2nd-kick-Cerrone.gif

tumblr_my2pklk1Mj1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Anytime a fight ends in a quick finish, mma fans think the result would repeat itself 10 times out of 10.

Fights are won and lost on tiny intricacies and moments decisions. A rematch could certainly go differently. Remember what people online said when Cain was rematching JDS the first time? He would get KO'd 10 out of 10 times.

I always like Cerrone in any match! That guy is sick! He stays very active and keeps getting better!

Cerrone gets head kicked because he'd be worried about the body kick

Back