Cerone payout vs McG???

Payrollers here are trying hard again to make people think Cerrone didn't take a (CENSORED LOL) because UFC paid "just a few dollars"... I SEE.

1 word: BULLSHIT. He probably got very, very well paid to (CENSORED) this fight.

People still don't fucking understand that it is not the act of fighting that's valuable. It's the act of drawing audiences. You don't get paid big number just because you fought. People fight for free, for fun. Millions train martial arts and get nothing in return. Millions practice extreme sports and get nothing in return. Fighting, just by itself, isn't that valuable of a job worth paying millions for. You get millions if you can draw millions.

People still don't fucking understand that it is not the act of fighting that's valuable. It's the act of drawing audiences. You don't get paid big number just because you fought. People fight for free, for fun. Millions train martial arts and get nothing in return. Millions practice extreme sports and get nothing in return. Fighting, just by itself, isn't that valuable of a job worth paying millions for. You get millions if you can draw millions.

Cerrone made more than $200k, he said he got a 'flat fee' instead of a slice of the PPV. Probably got a $750k payment when he signed the fight contract.

This was a red panty night or else why would he bother so close to the end of his career. Overeem is getting $800k + PPV when he challenges for titles, I don't believe Cerrone made $200k flat.

Another example Kevin Lee made $250k for fighting Tony, he wasn't a bigger draw than Cowboy.

Regarding Cerrone's payment, here's what I believe may have happened :

- He got a large amount, I would guess around US$1million + (maybe as high as 2mill) for this fight.
BUT the UFC structured it cleverly and had a clear agreement with Cerrone : I think they deliberately agreed with him that if he was asked about $ to ONLY say "200k" and nothing more.

Why? Because the UFC don't want any of McGregor's future opponents saying "Heck, if old-ass Cerrone got 1mill or 2mill, then sure as f**k I'm not gonna fight McGregor for 500k".

Think about it -- if I remember correctly Nate Diaz (never a particular friend of UFC...) got around 2million USD for one of the McG fights. (doesn't matter much if it was flat fee or partly PPV-points).
- Why would they only pay Cerrone (BIG buddy of Dana's and UFC management) only 200k? This fight is almost like UFC giving Cerrone a 'Retirement Bonus' as Cerrone has done amazing things for the company, and Dana can be generous to people *close* to him.

So I believe he got a LOT, 7 figures, with the written understanding that he only admit to US$200,000.
In fact they may have ASKED him to say that number, a few weeks after the fight. Works to their advantage in future McGregor opponents negotiations.

Donald via being a shrewd business man.
Donnie is a real shark in boardroom

He didn't deserve anything for the performance he put in.

He should have had his purse seized by the commission, like they use to do in boxing when a fighter didn't fight or went down immediately and defrauded the fans.

To be fair on the back of 40 seconds of doing fuck all I'd say 200k is more than fair payment.

Found the idiot.

McGregor slid Cerrone about 5 mil to take a dive for him.

Oh boy, they're multiplying!

He didn't deserve anything for the performance he put in.

He should have had his purse seized by the commission, like they use to do in boxing when a fighter didn't fight or went down immediately and defrauded the fans.

65139254.jpg

Great work, Sherdog.

If I was him I’d demand fo fiddy!!

I don't get it, he said this fight was the start of a new contract which would make every fight (including the Conor fight) a money fight...

I don't get it, he said this fight was the start of a new contract which would make every fight (including the Conor fight) a money fight...
He is releasing the $ info that the UFC has asked him to release. There may well have been an "official, verifiable" payment of 200k, but I am quite certain that was just a small part of his payment. UFC are using their strong-relationship with Cerrone to get him to only release a number they want.

They do not want everyone demanding 1mill or 2mill to fight Conor.
Hence this ...."agreed official number".
just my view.

So if Cerrone really only made 200k that is less than half what he made against Hernandez... He made 450k against Hernandez but of course that includes the win bonus, performance bonus and fotn bonus. Still though that's pretty fucked up.

He said before the fight that this wouldn't be some big payday like people were implying.

Back room bonuses.
dana-white-shit-eatin-grin-300x191.jpg

If that is his real payday, he needs a new agent.

I’m not saying the UFC should pay their fighters more. I am saying that outside of a handful of guys, MMA is not a great way to make a living

Why are people still deluding themselves about what he was paid?

Damn all these years of him being a suck ass company man, just to get a huge PPV fight and make a flat 200K without PPV points while losing potential future revenue by making himself look like like a can of Budweiser in the biggest fight of his career.

Fucking loss loss, from fans not believing in you anymore , not getting any more big fights and losing future revenue, damn.
<{cruzshake}><Fedor23><{hughesimpress}><mma1>

Cowboy has been very vocal about fighter pay in the past.

This time, he's not complaining, which means he definitely got alot more under the radar.

Back