Crime CERN Scientist: "Physics Built By Men - Not By Invitation" [He's Gone and Einstein's Right...Again.]

The bias confirming assumption is that women have a temperament ill suited to the pursuit of science and the ability to understand and implement the Scientific Method dispassionately.

It's bullshit. Women indeed can be emotionally chaotic but that hardly means that it inhibits their ability to do intellectually driven work nor do a few examples apply to the whole or even the majority.

A scientist ought to know better than to draw sweeping conclusions from cherry picked instances.

Yes. This weak ass desire for credit and attention has nothing to do with the work of honest people pursuing truth. Truth is it's own reward for people that value it. This is partially why news media is so fucked up. It's full of individuals that want to make a name for themselves, as opposed to doing the thankless job of pursuing objective truth. In every legit profession there are people involved it because it's their calling, but the majority is made up of those that just use it as a way to enhance themselves.

Last edited:
A mixed bag. I don't think it's very fruitful to say things that women are a problem because they cry when you criticize them, that's just pushing them away. On the other hand I'm definitely against affirmative action when less merited applicants get jobs over those that are better suited. We both have problems with some people trying to exclude others, and people that work against such exclusion sometimes taking things much too far.

One should definitely encourage diversity in science since it's been shown that diverse groups can solve problems better by more easily coming with different points of view. But as said it should be in form of encouraging them to pursue science and actually become good enough, not lowering the bar.

The bias confirming assumption is that women have a temperament ill suited to the pursuit of science and the ability to understand and implement the Scientific Method dispassionately.

It's bullshit. Women indeed can be emotionally chaotic but that hardly means that it inhibits their ability to do intellectually driven work nor do a few examples apply to the whole or even the majority.

A scientist ought to know better than to draw sweeping conclusions from cherry picked instances.

There aren't many people seeing Jennifer Doudna right now.

I had nothing to do with the scientific advancements in physics but I'll take the praise by association.

No need to thank us, women. It's just what we do.

<Moves>

A mixed bag. I don't think it's very fruitful to say things that women are a problem because they cry when you criticize them, that's just pushing them away.
I've noticed that female students cry on occasion just to kind of focus themselves. Some of them will pull out a tissue during a test, wipe their eyes, and then get right back to work. I used to get angry when I didn't know how to solve a problem, almost treating it like I would an opposing player in a competitive game.

There's no single way to handle adversity/criticism. My guess is that some guys just aren't mindful of that.

Truth is poison to feminists.

Men absolutely are to thank for physics, what can we thank women for? The wind shield wiper?
Hey, I use my windshield wipers every time it rains. The fuck would I do if I didn't have them?

Yes. This weak ass desire for credit and attention has nothing to do with the work of honest people pursuing truth. Truth is it's own reward for people that value it. This is partially why news media is so fucked up. It's full of individuals that want to make a name for themselves, as opposed to doing the thankless job of pursuing objective truth. In every legit profession there are people involved it because it's their calling, but the majority is made up of those that just use it as a way to enhance themselves.
Ah now I see what you were saying. Maybe some modern physicists do it for fame I guess, but in my opinion that's still a minority. I still think it's a pretty poor field if you wanna make a name for yourself. I thought you were saying that incredible minds like Schrodinger and Einstein were merely snake oil salesman.

That would be great, but what we need are the most talented, qualified and passionate people for the jobs ...

...OTOH the more radical ideas about introducing (in)equality quota systems, handing out awards just because and interrogating numbers and equations for their role in "promoting white racial interests" is dogshit stupid.

I agree with the above. My question is, when you speak of 'the most talented, qualified and passionate people', in any field, are we not imposing a form of "(in)equality quota systems" by regulating immigration? Is that not a form of affirmative action for American citizens? We can't preach 'best man for the job' when we artificially limit that labor pool - which is fine, but let's call it what it is. Regulating immigration is in fact a mechanism built on "equality quota systems", so I don't understand why people recoil at the idea of "equality quota systems" or affirmative action.

Last edited:
Lots of physics breakthroughs have been by men suspected to have autism too.

Autistic white males are the true masters of the universe. It's time society stops being in denial about it.

It's not like they allowed even the men to originally participate in the field. It was, after all, heresy to suggest most of the things that we now regard as common sense.

Men seized the initiative, put themselves at an enormous risk, explored the unexplored, and developed something which has later become available to all, secure for all to partake in. And later, of course, they would be chastised for it, by a people who understand nothing.

That seems to be the general trend.

What I truly question is why men continue to put themselves through this loop, knowing that there is no gratitude at the end of it. I suppose it is a matter of pure curiosity, as well as adventurousness.

If you're doing something for gratitude you really shouldn't be doing it.

http://www.unz.com/isteve/the-james-damore-of-cern-is-suspended/
He also presented data that he claimed showed that male and female researchers were equally cited at the start of their careers but men scored progressively better as their careers progressed.

When the BBC contacted Prof Strumia he said: “People say that physics is sexist, physics is racist. I made some simple checks and discovered that it wasn’t, that it was becoming sexist against men and said so.”
The only conceivable solutions for the problem of male scientists mentioning the existence of affirmative action for female scientists are

- more affirmative action for females
- more severe punishment of males for revealing affirmative action exists

he's just venting the truth and it's pushback against all the mental illness the left are forcing on everyone else.

Researchers wrote intentionally dumb papers to prove that academic journals will accept them
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/r...ill-accept-them.3836011/page-2#post-145184237

we see it in the maths and computing field too.

Linus Torvalds steps aside from Linux because of SJW pressure as Linux adopts new code of conduct
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/l...-as-linux-adopts-new-code-of-conduct.3833427/

Women can't hang with men, so maths and computing tests are made easier for women - feminists silent about "equality".

Oxford University extends time on maths and computing exams to help women
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...n-exams-to-help-women.3698619/#post-137882757

Academics 'rewrite' Mein Kampf using radical feminist language, paper accepted
https://www.rt.com/usa/440299-feminist-mein-kampf-hoax/
MRtqPqN.png

Portland State University assistant professor of philosophy Peter Boghossian and mathematician James Lindsay are the authors behind the now infamous 'conceptual penis' as a social construct paper in which the pair deployed intentionally dense language to obfuscate the fact that what they were discussing was absolute nonsense

Feminist SJW oppression groupthink is being weaponized against STEM fields, this is all planned and pushed in this era. It's not random isolated incidents. Like someone said, intellectual castration, meritocracy out the window.

@esdoornblad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45703700

A senior scientist has given what has been described as a "highly offensive" presentation about the role of women in physics, the BBC has learned.

At a workshop organised by CERN, Professor Alessandro Strumia of Pisa University said that "physics was invented and built by men, it's not by invitation".

He said male scientists were being discriminated against because of ideology rather than merit. He was speaking at a workshop in Geneva on gender and high energy physics. Professor Strumia has since defended his comments, saying he was only presenting the facts.

CERN, the European nuclear research centre, described Prof Strumia's presentation as "highly offensive".

The centre, which discovered the Higgs Boson in 2012, has removed slides used in the talk from its website "in line with a code of conduct that does not tolerate personal attacks and insults".

Prof Strumia, who regularly works at CERN, presented the results of a study of published research papers from an online library.

He told his audience of young, predominantly female physicists that his results proved that "physics is not sexist against women. However the truth does not matter, because it is part of a political battle coming from outside".

In 2015, Nobel laureate Prof Tim Hunt resigned from his position at University College London after telling an audience of young female scientists at a conference in South Korea that the "trouble with girls" in labs was that "when you criticise them they cry".

Straight Fax, homie.

DisguisedAnnualGermanshepherd-size_restricted.gif

Are you smarter than the smartest female physicist? Just wondering.

And I'd like to ask the same question to Alessandro Stermia.

Are you smarter than the smartest female physicist? Just wondering.

And I'd like to ask the same question to Alessandro Stermia.

The GIF is in reference to the title, the ladies aren't cutting us out of anything. Now, I'm far too intellectually inadequate to study physics at formal level but I am a lowly bio-chem student.

Uh.

That's a wonderful shit post, but maybe read the thread?

Lol, Gabriela González and Jennifer Doudna previously mentioned a grand total of zero times combined on this forum (anywhere) before today, not even in a posted news article - but a playful GIF! Fuck outta here with that virtue signaling horseshit. You can't name five female scientists, and it isn't because they don't exist.

its just an unsubstantiated claim.

youre basing it off of observation of outcomes, but have you considered that women were discouraged/prevented from taking risks of this kind throughout most of their history? its always been much easier for men to take risks like these.

One does not have to possess any more than a very basic understanding of biology and chemistry, to know that men naturally produce an anabolic steroid called testosterone. Read up on the subject and maybe you'll figure out the rest.

There were about 20 women in my college engineering building, and about 1,000 men.

We men didn't bar the fucking door shut, hell we woulda loved some women in there. They just don't come in.

Portland State University assistant professor of philosophy Peter Boghossian and mathematician James Lindsay are the authors behind the now infamous 'conceptual penis' as a social construct' paper in which the pair deployed intentionally dense language to obfuscate the fact that what they were discussing was absolute nonsense.

"Anatomical penises may exist, but as pre-operative transgendered women also have anatomical penises, the penis vis-à-vis maleness is an incoherent construct. We argue that the conceptual penis is better understood not as an anatomical organ but as a social construct isomorphic to performative toxic masculinity.

Through detailed poststructuralist discursive criticism and the example of climate change, this paper will challenge the prevailing and damaging social trope that penises are best understood as the male sexual organ and reassign it a more fitting role as a type of masculine performance."

index.php

One does not have to possess any more than a very basic understanding of biology and chemistry, to know that men naturally produce an anabolic steroid called testosterone. Read up on the subject and maybe you'll figure out the rest.

Women produce test too

Back