Century Hydrocore heavy bag

JdS

Evil Overlord™
@Blue
Reaction score
I used to have an old Century Tidal Wave heavy bag that I got in the early-90's. I always liked the feel of it. The water core was in a rubber bladder surrounded by heavy foam, and that gave the bag a hard enough yet fluid feeling. A lot easier on the joints.

I had to store that bag for a few years, and recently got a new space for it. I tried to hang it, but the glue holding the bladder's filler got dried out, and it just came out on my hand. I contacted Century, sent them the cover of my old bag, and they sent me a whole new Hydrocore bag since they don't make the Tidal Wave anymore. Big props to Century for the replacement, but I hate this new bag. The old rubber bladder has been replaced with a hard plastic bottle. Granted it makes it easier to fill it. Yet it is just too hard. It is a very hard plastic bottle surrounded by about 2 inches of hard foam. It feels like punching a building's columns.

Does anyone still make water-filled heavy bags with soft cores rather than hard plastic bottles?

Last edited:
The gym I go to uses Title, Everlast (or did), and Ringside water bags.

The ringside is very soft, and definitely the least moving one. It absorbs punches so well that the bag hardly moves at all. I definitely like it a lot.

Everlasts had a good feel to them, but they took them down for who knows what reason. They were smaller, too.

The Titles I have yet to make an opinion on them. They're different from the Ringside and Everlasts. They are large banana bags though, so that could be why.

Back