Century Hydrocore 70lb bag

37dogg

White Belt
Reaction score
came across the large size bag which is 70lbs when filled with water for about $60 bucks on craigslist. it retails for about $120ish from what i can see. i'd prefer the xl version which is 100lbs but this seems like a pretty good deal.

i have no experience with a heavy bag as what i have right now is a lousy wavemaster. ideally i wanted a 100lb bag if i upgraded but what do u guys think of the 70lb bag, will it suffice or should i hold out for a 100lb bag?

70 is perfect for me. i you're a higher weight class then get 100 pounds.

any other input. $60 bucks for a like new hydrocore 70lb bag. my max weight would be 165 approx. will the 70lb bag be good enough or do i need a 100lb?

Should be fine. Worst case? It's not quite enough and you toss it on craigslist yourself (for $70, and make a tiny profit :) ).

Should be fine. Worst case? It's not quite enough and you toss it on craigslist yourself (for $70, and make a tiny profit :) ).

haha i hate selling stuff, though i always do. i'd probably end up selling it quick and for less :\

i bought a wavemaster years ago(no idea why) and never used it until just recently. so if i grab the new bag ill be putting the wavemaster on craigs for like 80 bucks~ or just pulverize the wavemaster once my KOFG 12oz gloves arrive. i still need a bag stand for the 70lb bag if i get it anyways and im in no rush, just thought $60 bucks is a sweet deal considering it is as new.

if you are just starting out and focusing mostly on boxing, a 70lb bag will be good regardless of your size.

I would avoid getting anything by century however, cough up a few bucks more and get a quality bag that will last awhile.

if you are just starting out and focusing mostly on boxing, a 70lb bag will be good regardless of your size.

I would avoid getting anything by century however, cough up a few bucks more and get a quality bag that will last awhile.

even the hydrocore series? it is the water/foam based bag.

even if i pass on it though i'd likely just get the title foam/water 100lb bag down the road i think. i'm not a big century fan either after owning a wavemaster lol

even the hydrocore series? it is the water/foam based bag.

even if i pass on it though i'd likely just get the title foam/water 100lb bag down the road i think. i'm not a big century fan either after owning a wavemaster lol

Everyone is different, however, the general consensus is that water bags are inferior to stuffed bags. Some professionals are known to use water bags (i.e., Mike Tyson), but most gyms do not.

Cons: (1) they can freeze, (2) they can leak, (3) they are very annoying to kick, (4) they do not feel or swing the same as a normal heavy bag, (5) they are never leather.

Pros: (1) they are easier on your joints, (2) they are easy to move and ship, (3) you can use the water during a natural disaster for none ingesting needs.

If you are looking for a good entry level heavy bag, KO fight gear, Ringside and Title are the best bet.

As for century products, the only thing they make well are weird stretching machines.

Everyone is different, however, the general consensus is that water bags are inferior to stuffed bags. Some professionals are known to use water bags (i.e., Mike Tyson), but most gyms do not.

Cons: (1) they can freeze, (2) they can leak, (3) they are very annoying to kick, (4) they do not feel or swing the same as a normal heavy bag, (5) they are never leather.

Pros: (1) they are easier on your joints, (2) they are easy to move and ship, (3) you can use the water during a natural disaster for none ingesting needs.

If you are looking for a good entry level heavy bag, KO fight gear, Ringside and Title are the best bet.

As for century products, the only thing they make well are weird stretching machines.

i don't mind passing on the century bag. the reviews on amazon were great though but meh.

i live in canada but ship all my stuff within the u.s. so shipping a heavy bag and picking it up myself is a bitch but then again i've shipped my power rack and picked it up myself so it would probably be okay.

my bag will be indoors so the water freezing wont be a issue. would the title liquishock foam/water bags be a better choice? better brand, still cheap to ship and easy to pick up.

again though the century at retail is a no-no but @ $60 is it worth considering?

I'd do it. Seems like a low risk thing, since you can sell it if it doesn't work out (might lose minimal bucks, but that's the price of being lazy, when you could get all your money back if you just sold it for a little longer)

Do it for the adventure. Later, you will want a stuffed bag, regardless.

i don't mind passing on the century bag. the reviews on amazon were great though but meh.

i live in canada but ship all my stuff within the u.s. so shipping a heavy bag and picking it up myself is a bitch but then again i've shipped my power rack and picked it up myself so it would probably be okay.

my bag will be indoors so the water freezing wont be a issue. would the title liquishock foam/water bags be a better choice? better brand, still cheap to ship and easy to pick up.

again though the century at retail is a no-no but @ $60 is it worth considering?

I've only used Century and PowerAir water bags.

if you want to know about title products http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/title-boxing-title-mma-questions-3-0-a-2318883/ ask Wes.

Because you live in Canada I would check out http://www.gorillagear.ca/trainingequipment/punchingbag/punching-bag

thanks guys.

also what do u guys think of the outslayer muay thai style bags on amazon, unfilled. quality wise i read they are good but a bitch to fill, what is the easiest way to fill these things?

right now im just punching the bag, combos, odd leg kick. would a traditional style boxing bag be better suited than a muay thai bag?

thanks guys.

also what do u guys think of the outslayer muay thai style bags on amazon, unfilled. quality wise i read they are good but a bitch to fill, what is the easiest way to fill these things?

right now im just punching the bag, combos, odd leg kick. would a traditional style boxing bag be better suited than a muay thai bag?

I personally like a 100lb+ heavy bag over a muay thai bag...even for "body kicks" kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00lGK3ZfzRw
vs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqM8pfZZf8c&list=UUSDE6yzED8OIirVtDjUOSEg&index=7

so what are the pros/cons to a traditional heavy bag and a muay thai bag?

also gorilla gear looks like they have some nice bags and decent prices also. anyone have one of their bags?

Back