Centrum vitamins

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Are these any good? I'm thinking of starting to take these vitamins. I'm not fighting or building my body, was just wondering if these will do me any good and what better forum to ask than the Dieting/Supplement subsection?

Centrum is the first multi vitamin that ever made me queasy after taking them. I wouldn't recommend them as there are better multi's out there, but if you stomach can handle them, it's better than nothing.

Otherwise known as Bedpan Bullets

If you want something cheap take GNC Mega Men or something (just don't get the Sport version).

Heh.

I remember hearing, but never verified, they use a lot of crap for binding etc.

There's much better out there (check the FAQ). Ya, they're a bit more, but I'd rather spend 80 cents a day on something great than 50 cents a day on some crap.

They pass through your body intact

So no, not great

Like IAN said. I wouldnt spend any money at all on them. Rather just eat right or get another Multi. Centrum and One a Day are shit.

Like IAN said. I wouldnt spend any money at all on them. Rather just eat right or get another Multi. Centrum and One a Day are shit.

Its Mr Coe to you :icon_chee

Check out Orange Triad at Bodybuilding.com. I heard good things about them so I ordered some. Not expensive either, about $.66 p/day.

There's MUCH better stuff out there. Look for something in a gelcap. It'll absorb much better.

On a side note, I've used both Now adam and ON multi

Both seemed ok (hard to judge)

i use centrum multi...didnt get sick all winter or at change of season which i usually get sick both times every year...so i guess they helped

One word= CRAP

Fixed

To the TS:
Q: Should I take a Multivitamin? If yes, which one?

A: Of course you should. Especially in America. A list of good Multi's is as follows:

1) Balanced Essentials from Heaven Sent - Here you have a formula made from whole food sources that comes in liquid form and the taste isn't excruciating. With liquid you get the better absorbency, and the whole food source mean this would be like what you SHOULD get from Vitamin content of all your food, but don't because food in the US SUCKS.

2) Sea Essentials by Heaven Sent - This was their first formula. People had discrepancies because it doesn't list the precise values of Vitamins it contains. But Heaven Sent aren't to blame for this. The FDA is. Because of the nature of the blend (Sea Vegetable preparation) the numbers vary slightly from batch-to-batch. The FDA said if they can't make it precise, they can't put numbers. But the antioxidant and mineral properties of this are very good. And it was the Sea Essentials that I took and never, EVER got sick. I switched to Mega Men this year, and got my first cold in 3 years.

3) GNC Ultra Mega Green - Most Americans just do not get enough greens. Plain and simple. This is another Vitamin with whole food nutrients in it. But the drawback is these things are GIGANTIC. Not Horse pills, Elephant pills. And suggested use is 3 times per day (to supplement veggies with your meal), but I think this is a bit of overkill. 2 per day in the morning should do.

4) Garden of Life's Living Multi - Notice a theme here? I hate the idea of purely synthetic vitamins. If you can score a good one with whole food nutrients you're going to find the health benefits a bit better. This is a good one. Garden of Life is a good line of things anyway, very reputable.

5) Nature's Plus - Source of Life - The customers who use this never, ever consider taking another one. And yet again another whole food source Vitamin.

Now, cheap? What will suffice? Well you have GNC's Mega Men, Twinlab's Daily Two, Solgar has a decent multi (Solgar is actually an excellent line but they tend to be pricey as well as they come from Japan.)
From the FAQ

That's not to say those are the only good ones, but it's a start. Pick one from whole food sources and you should be ok.

3) GNC Ultra Mega Green - Most Americans just do not get enough greens. Plain and simple. This is another Vitamin with whole food nutrients in it. But the drawback is these things are GIGANTIC. Not Horse pills, Elephant pills. And suggested use is 3 times per day (to supplement veggies with your meal), but I think this is a bit of overkill. 2 per day in the morning should do.

Update:
They only recommended two a day now and they are huge but Elephant is an exageration.

I use whole food vitamins and feel great after using them. When I switched to a synthetic brand I could really feel the difference...

why not the sport? i take it and its been great for me.

as in understand it they include something like 1g of bcaa, which will have no effect, but charge you mucho denara for the inclusion

If you want something cheap take GNC Mega Men or something (just don't get the Sport version).

May I ask why? I use them myself as an everyday multi...i train and play activew sports every week???

Back