Central Asian Man's lineage goes back 40k yrs

Sort of OT here, but this is what some scientists now think Neanderthal looked like.

n4.gif

n3.gif

20f7b8ef16ee.png

Apparently, they believe Neanderthal and Homosapiens had sort of a war and Neanderthals hunted and ate Homosapiens.

They say that the reason Homosapiens wiped out the Neanderthals is because the shoulder of the Neanderthal was developed in the way that a gorilla's shoulder is and this didn't allow Neanderthal to throw things as well as Homosapien. This allowed Homosapiens to use more advanced weapons, thus wiping out the Neanderthals.

Jesus fucking Christ, they're like Uruk-hai. William Golding was full of shit.

^^^^

thats a fucking bigfoot mann@@!

As far as I know, Africans do NOT have Neanderthal in them at all. In fact, I'm positive it is caucasian trait only.

Not just Caucasian. All Caucasians and Asians have (on average) 2.5% Neanderthal DNA in them, while Africans have absolutely 0.

Sort of OT here, but this is what some scientists now think Neanderthal looked like.

n4.gif

n3.gif

20f7b8ef16ee.png

Apparently, they believe Neanderthal and Homosapiens had sort of a war and Neanderthals hunted and ate Homosapiens.

They say that the reason Homosapiens wiped out the Neanderthals is because the shoulder of the Neanderthal was developed in the way that a gorilla's shoulder is and this didn't allow Neanderthal to throw things as well as Homosapien. This allowed Homosapiens to use more advanced weapons, thus wiping out the Neanderthals.

Do you have a link for where you got this stuff? Nothing I've ever seen reconstructs Neanderthals to look even remotely like that.

Thanks for the links, but I'm having a hard time taking them seriously. First, look at this quote:

If you're disturbed by these images, there're [sic] a good reason for it. Like other prey species, humans have an innate capacity to recognize our natural predator. What Neanderthals 'felt' like is hardwired into our genes. Neanderthal predation was so traumatic that even 28,000 years after the last Neanderthal disappeared, they can still push our buttons.

The images are all of angry scowling faces covered in scars. And the rest of the site is set up like something you'd see in an ancient aliens or UFO website that's trying to get you to buy a book.

So for now, I'll file it away under "interesting, but still fringe".

Sucks that he has to live in Central Asia.

Most of it blows.

Thanks for the links, but I'm having a hard time taking them seriously. First, look at this quote:

The images are all of angry scowling faces covered in scars. And the rest of the site is set up like something you'd see in an ancient aliens or UFO website that's trying to get you to buy a book.

So for now, I'll file it away under "interesting, but still fringe".

It is fringe, but the guy makes a lot of good points. Check out the youtube video if you haven't already.

Rusk, for what it's worth, I think of you as as one of the better reasoned, more intelligent Sherdog posters, but on this one, you're wrong.

For one, it's not like today's East Africans (including Somalis) stopped evolving once your Ruskie ancestors moved out of Africa.

Second, the genetic variation of sub-Saharan Africans is greater than all other "racial groups" combined.

To put it into a vastly simplified analogy, think of a toolbox. The Asians have a set of tools ABC, the Southeast Asians have CDE, the Indians have EFG and at the other end of the Eurasian continent, the Scandinavians have XYZ, the Slavs have VWX.

Well, the genetic toolbox of Africans is diverse enough that you can pretty much create the genetic toolbox of most other racial groups just from selecting a subset of tools from the African toolbox. They have the full alphabet of tools from A to Z. The tools you have are just those that were selected for over generations because they worked better in the environment in which your ancestors evolved.

You're essentially just a highly specialized African.

Have you read Guns, Germs and Steel?

Yes, this is true. What Doughbelly is saying is that every single nationality combined (white Europeans, Samoans, East Asians, SE Asians, Indians, etc) are less genetically diversified than Africans are to each other.

Africans are the most genetically diverse people because they have natural land barriers like the Sahara right in the middle and a harsh environment leads to sparsely populated, hunter gatherer societies. They don't interbreed so this creates genetic diversity.

For example, the pygmies are the shortest people in the world while the Sudanese are among the tallest. Koisans have the epicanthic folds common among Asians, etc.

Have you read Guns, Germs and Steel?

Yes, this is true. What Doughbelly is saying is that every single nationality combined (white Europeans, Samoans, East Asians, SE Asians, Indians, etc) are less genetically diversified than Africans are to each other.

Africans are the most genetically diverse people because they have natural land barriers like the Sahara right in the middle and a harsh environment leads to sparsely populated, hunter gatherer societies. They don't interbreed so this creates genetic diversity.

For example, the pygmies are the shortest people in the world while the Sudanese are among the tallest. Koisans have the epicanthic folds common among Asians, etc.

The way you are explaining it, you would end up with many pockets of very non-genetically diverse populations. Individually, each pocket would be non-diverse due to isolation from other populations. But as a whole, you would have great genetic diversity from one population to the next due to their isolation.

If life ended now unicellar beings would probably evolve again and not lifeless matter be converted to living. It's pretty hard to eradicate all life.

when considering the shit that happens in space, no, it's not that hard to eradicate all life. a 10-15 kilometer wide asteroid annihilated over 70% of life, the one that is believed to have killed the dinosaurs. and wtf is 'not lifeless matter'? are you referring to organic molecules by chance?

It is fringe, but the guy makes a lot of good points. Check out the youtube video if you haven't already.

I just watched the video, and the dude contradicts himself within the first 45 seconds. He says that other modern reconstructions can't be believed because the soft tissues aren't preserved (which is true), and yet he wants us to believe his version because he's "convinced this is how it is". But using using other great apes as a basis is equally flawed. Especially when you consider the human ancestral line split from other great apes some six million years ago. There is just no way of knowing how much human and how much ape there was by that point.

Next, his "apart for over half a million years" (see 5min) isn't correct. The most recent studies actually estimate a split time of 370-470kya. When you make that sort of mistake, how can I trust the rest of what you say?

Finally, he makes the claim of "sexual and cannibalistic predation" but doesn't actually put forward any evidence for it. Just because there was interbreeding doesn't mean you had these ape-men sweeping out of the jungle to carry off women to rape them.

n4.gif

n3.gif

20f7b8ef16ee.png

I was about to say that I couldn't conceive a modern human finding that attractive enough to mate with but then I remembered Rex.

Rex is the man for this job.

I just watched the video, and the dude contradicts himself within the first 45 seconds. He says that other modern reconstructions can't be believed because the soft tissues aren't preserved (which is true), and yet he wants us to believe his version because he's "convinced this is how it is". But using using other great apes as a basis is equally flawed. Especially when you consider the human ancestral line split from other great apes some six million years ago. There is just no way of knowing how much human and how much ape there was by that point.

Next, his "apart for over half a million years" (see 5min) isn't correct. The most recent studies actually estimate a split time of 370-470kya. When you make that sort of mistake, how can I trust the rest of what you say?

Finally, he makes the claim of "sexual and cannibalistic predation" but doesn't actually put forward any evidence for it. Just because there was interbreeding doesn't mean you had these ape-men sweeping out of the jungle to carry off women to rape them.

Yeah, it's definitely nothing to rewrite the history books over. Some of his theories are pretty interesting, though, like you pointed out, there are a lot of holes.

Why are Eskimos aren't white then? :wink: And Asia and Europe are not that different in climate in most places.

I think Africans might have interbred with Neanderthals in the west and with the "Hobbits"(Homo floresiensis) in the east. That is why we look different but still kind of the same.

Just face it, you got some black in you :icon_lol:

Back