Cellestino Cabbalero

Spoonking

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi fighting Lorenzo Parra soon. He is tall and powerful, i've never seen Parra before. How do you guys see the fight playing out?

He's not that powerful. And man did you ever butcher his name.

That's one way to spell it, not the one his mother chose, but definitely one.

I want to see him and DPDL fight again.

Celestino Caballero...then jeez i wasn't that far off. Anyway, why do you say he isn't powerful KK, I saw him destroy the Thai Somsak, who appeared to me to be a pretty tough fella. How do you see the fight playing out. What is Parra like?

He's gigantic compared to Somsak, Somsak started out as a Super Fly.

He barely squeaked by Jorge Lacierva in a fight many thought he lost, and landed damn near every punch in the book on PDL, only getting a decision.

Parra's a good Fighter, Championship quality at 112, moving up.

Caballero will fucking murder Parra. This is a mismatch.

Word has it he wants to re-fight DPDL, no?

It was supposed to happen on the Forbes/ODLH card and something fell through.

EDIT: They both fight on June 7th though (DPDL/JMLopez). Maybe a fight in the fall will line up.

He's still gunning though. I don't know about PDL with that, so far re-matches for Caballero and Penelosa fell through somehow.

GBP doesn't like to risk their assets without a lot of cash behind it...

Caballero is the best 122 pounder in the world, IMO. There's a big, big reason why Vasquez wanted none of him a few years ago now. Israel is great and all, but don't forget, he's been fighting bantamweights for the past two years now....and somehow is on everyones P4P lists because of it.

Yeah but PDL has to be matched right. Either with a guy he can kill (Bautista) or a guy who can handle him, the aforementioned.

Otherwise what we get was his last fight. Ick.

Caballero is a freak at the weight. Surprised at his height he can stay that low. But I am not COMPLETELY sold on him. He can be outboxed, he can be hurt. He just so dangerous because he is so fucking big.

But 122 is nice now. You got Israel, Raphael, PDL, Molitor, Caballero, Cordoba, Jhonny Gonzalez, Juan Lopez, Boom Boom. It's a very dangerous division with no definitive. That is, I wouldn't bet my house on any single champion if there Unification tournament.

Who's outboxed Celistino since he learned how to fight? No one that I've seen.

But yes, 122 is fucking loaded. Probably the best division in the sport right now.

Caballero is the best 122 pounder in the world, IMO. There's a big, big reason why Vasquez wanted none of him a few years ago now. Israel is great and all, but don't forget, he's been fighting bantamweights for the past two years now....and somehow is on everyones P4P lists because of it.

Aren't you the one who often makes cases about it not just being who a guy's beaten, but how he's beaten them as well? I think Izz's resume's alright for not wanting to deal with a guy like Caballero, and his case was helped by the Lacierva performance. From what I've read Izz's management isn't high on him moving up either, so he should be having another Championship showdown where he's at.

But I do agree Clestino is probably the most deserving of a shot, regardless of who wants to deal with him or not.

Cordoba, another fairly big 122 outpointed him. But Cordoba is a pretty good southpaw boxer. So maybe I outreached a little bit in that he can be boxed by anyone with boxing skills. Only other current champion I can see schooling him is Molitor.

Celistino has really only learned how to do a damn thing with himself over the last four years or so. He was totally inept as a young kid.

Molitor, school Caballero? I can't see it. I can see the reverse being true though.

Aren't you the one who often makes cases about it not just being who a guy's beaten, but how he's beaten them as well? I think Izz's resume's alright for not wanting to deal with a guy like Caballero, and his case was helped by the Lacierva performance. From what I've read Izz's management isn't high on him moving up either, so he should be having another Championship showdown where he's at.

But I do agree Clestino is probably the most deserving of a shot, regardless of who wants to deal with him or not.
Im not sure whats special about Izzy's resume, quite frankly. Nor do I see his wins being in super impressive style. Down and almost out vs. Jhonny Gonzalez? KOed by Larios? Stopped vs Marquez? I give the guy credit. Im a huge Vasquez fan, but he is NOT removed from any of the crop @ 122, simply because he's beaten the best of the division below. Not by a long shot.

If you think struggling with Lacierva means anything, compare that with his shutout and slaughter of Ponce. His stoppage victory over Castillo. His murder of Somsak Sith. The guy is for real and ONE fight against a dirty **** can't change that.

Only other current champion I can see schooling him is Molitor.

Molitor's Canadian and with a moniker like the 'Canadian Kid', that's a double whammy, which means he's doubly doomed to fail.

Sorry, but I've been institutionized over the years, I guess. :redface:

We need a Bert Cooper in the house.

Molitor is something special in my book. He's 5'7-8 so he is not at a big disadvantage in height and reach like Israel, PDL, and Raphael. And Celestino is there to be hit. Sure he has movement, switch hitter with a long reach. But I am not sold on him being some kind of phenom boxer/puncher. He keeps his hands low, there are times he just throws love tap jabs, he will reach, he will dart in from time to time that leaves him open to counters. His saving grace is his reach and height. But don't get me wrong. Those physical advantages alone make him dangerous for the other champs. I can see Israel having a really difficult time with him being 6 inches shorter.

Back