Celebrating early on a knockdown... Stupid

respect_skillz

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the going hard until the ref pulls you off? I get sparing an opponent unnecessary punishment but c'mon that's the refs freaking job. Cody Garbrandt tonight was obviously the spark for this thread, dude was not out cold by an means and he's throwing his arms up... Get in there and do your job dummy. I don't why but it really frustrates me.

If you're not Mark Hunt don't try and do the walk off, bottom line.

Paul Harris approves.

4_medium.gif

When the ref steps in between the fighters it usually means stop fighting.

I dislike Cody but he fucking sat mendes down hard so I can see why he did the early celebration thing.

I don't like it when a BJJ guy is on his back and doesn't get a chance to even throw anything up.

A lot of times people sink in armbars/triangles from over-aggression.

I don't like it when a BJJ guy is on his back and doesn't get a chance to even throw anything up.

A lot of times people sink in armbars/triangles from over-aggression.
yes, this 100 percent. i did not like that cody just whipped his hands up go in there and keep hitting him. he was not completely out. why throw the hands up, just keep going till the ref grabs you.

Expecting a fighter to know how to react or act during the middle of a mixed martial arts fight on live TV in front of thousands of people is pretty ridiculous.

The guys eyes were shut till he hit the canvas and Mario stepped in.

If you want to blame anyone for the fight result, blame the ref.

Whatever happened to the going hard until the ref pulls you off? I get sparing an opponent unnecessary punishment but c'mon that's the refs freaking job. Cody Garbrandt tonight was obviously the spark for this thread, dude was not out cold by an means and he's throwing his arms up... Get in there and do your job dummy. I don't why but it really frustrates me.

If you're not Mark Hunt don't try and do the walk off, bottom line.
Everyone wants that Mark Hunt walkoff home run.

I thought it was classy of Cody to stop knowing he was out. You guys want a guy who stepped in on 6 days notice to get Bisping'd?

Better what Cody did than a bad brain injury.

I thought he was out on the way to the ground and came to when his head hit the canvas. His arms looked stiff.

I think mark hunts walk of ko's are lame.
Prefer Dan Henderson approach or some emotion, like Connor jumping the cage, Tito running to the top of the arena, Wonderboy making a flip, Barnet 'slizing the throat' bj Penn licking blood and battering his chest, gsps break dance, Shawn Jordan backflip, sage front flip, Brock sptting and foaming while holding the cage and screaming, the gator walk by jacare, Ben rothwells everything, big country belly rub, Gus and latifis...whatever it is that they are doing lol.

The ref got between them, at that point it should be over

If Cody has to go around the ref to keep fighting the guy then it should just be over

Mario put himself between the fighters, that means stop fighting.

Back