Cejudo win reminded me of another Olympian wrestler that is coming to the UFC

i'd like to see some olympic level strikers make the jump too. lutalo muhammad has talked about it
a 27 year old TKD that only ever did TKD? He's gonna have soooo much to learn and so many gaps to fill like bad habbits due to that traditional martial art's rules...

a 27 year old TKD that only ever did TKD? He's gonna have soooo much to learn and so many gaps to fill like bad habbits due to that traditional martial art's rules...

Will he be in worse position than Wonderboy?

Will he be in worse position than Wonderboy?
Super yes... Much worse.
Before his MMA debut at age 25, Thompson had already had 57 kickboxing matches, an actual fighting sport(competed against future world champion Raymond Daniels). Not counting his Karate fights cause like TKD that's just a traditional martial art.

This is actual experience.

Even in terms of grappling, not many people know this but his brother in law is legendary grappling instructor Carlos Machado an 8th degree bjj black belt. This is all way before his brother married the chris' sis. So he had time to sharpen that before.

His dad's gym has always had all sorts of styles working there. So not many people know this either but, Wonderboy also had achieved a black belt in japanese jujitsu as a teenager, so he's obviously not new to grappling concepts and sparring it, regardless of how outdated that art might be today.

I've heard he changed his mind and isn't fighting or wrestling anymore.​

Back