Cejudo win reminded me of another Olympian wrestler that is coming to the UFC

he's always injured these days. He had a major back surgery this year and won't even start training until this fall.

Hell, in his interviews dude doesn't even sound like he really wants to be an MMA fighter, it looks like wrestling is still his number one priority.

Where did you take this info?

I watched his interview from March, from Abdulmanap's gym. He's preparing for the MMA debut.
And he won a wrestling championship in Russia last November.

He's striking probably sucks. Predicting him to quit MMA the first time he gets KOed.

If he ever debutes.

Where did you take this info?

I watched his interview from March, from Abdulmanap's gym. He's preparing for the MMA debut.
And he won a wrestling championship in Russia last November.
http://tass.ru/sport/5266254

If you don't know Russian, it basically says that he has finished a rehab after a spinal surgery in Israel but still not sure if he'll be able to come back.

Yeah but Cormier was a hungry 29 y.o. with his eyes on the prize when he joined AKA, one of the best gyms in the world. Makhov is 31 in less than 2 months and he's always injured these days. He had a major back surgery this year and won't even start training until this fall.

Hell, in his interviews dude doesn't even sound like he really wants to be an MMA fighter, it looks like wrestling is still his number one priority.

Could be, I don't even know anything about him. My point was that we mustn't sleep on these accomplished wrestlers who make transition to MMA. They aren't punch drunk and excel in the best base style out there.

PlaintiveFittingIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

Sounds like a job for the Altar Boy with a haymaker from heaven.

he lost to a full time jobber (trained himself) :eek:

One was an internet hype; and the other knows how to throw hammers like Tyron Woodley.

Internet hype - Pico? How about wrestling hype?
How about it being just his debut against a proven, experienced fighter?
How about him being 3-1 now and coming off a win over even more experienced veteran?

And he started in Strikeforce...

Not everyone is CM Punk

Ufc could fix him up with some lower level opponents. Is he a HW? If so, they have hordes and hordes of them. LHW shouldn't really be a problem either.

Please provide us with Cejudo wrestling gifs from fight, it was amasin'

The train was derailed before it even left the station. Damn

Cujedo ain't got shit on the first olympic wrestler to win a UFC title, nowhere near as dominant or violent
Yeah but headbutts are illegal now. Coleman's biggest weapon outside his power double is off the table...

Back