Cejudo weighed 146 lbs on fight night

Cejudo seems to just get better. His striking was so sharp and he has a really nice sense of range. I think he’d have a good shot at 135. But T.J. definitely didn’t look like himself at 125. It’s a coin flip.

The only thing I'll said regarding TJ's weight cut is its mostly Sherdoggers making that an issue. I didn't hear TJ or his camp make a big stink about it. In fact I heard them bragging that he'd go to bed the night before on weight. And they did essentially doccuseries segments on it and posted algorithms on his weight. They had it figured out and made no bones about sharing that with the world. I think he was fine and the weight cut didn't cause him to eat a side kick right hand combo immediately after the bell that opened the door for Henry to slap him around.

well for me persoanlly when i actually saw TJ before the weight cut i said oh shit hes fucked. He didnt have the weight to cut lol. I dont care what him or his team said of course they were confident. Tj has taken plenty of bigger shots than that from bigger guys and been okay. On the flip side Henry has hit smaller guys with bigger shots and not put them away. I think it it did have an affect but wasnt the only reason he lost..Henry had to still starch his ass and he did. I just look at the rematch as a new question without any influence from the first fight. thats just me

I think it could be systematic for Cejudo , I think MM was a tougher puzzle to solve .
Gotcha. I think he wins again but dont see it being a 30second ko or even a finish but who knows

This is EXACTLY why 125 doesn't need to exist. There are a few 135'ers that cut weight to fight at 125. If you look at guys that are actually built for 125, the division would be literally nothing. Give Henry the shot at 135 and cut out the 125 class all together. Hell you just let the longest regining champ walk in his prime from the weight class. Let the little guys go over to Japan where they will be appreciated and paid more. Its a win win for everyone.
We don’t need 205 then

We don’t need 205 then

No what you are really saying, if you feel that way. Is that we need cruiser weight. So that 206 and 266 are not in the same weight class. What LHW's fight in the cage bigger than heavy weights?

at 125 you have guys BIGGER than the 135ers
at 205 you have SMALL heavy weights cutting to avoid 265 pound monsters.

so in this situation you have guys cutting to NOT be dwarfed at 205. at 125 you have guys cutting so they CAN DWARF their opponent.

I won't believe it until I see the cage weights posted. Fighters lie about their weight all the time.

This is EXACTLY why 125 doesn't need to exist. There are a few 135'ers that cut weight to fight at 125. If you look at guys that are actually built for 125, the division would be literally nothing. Give Henry the shot at 135 and cut out the 125 class all together. Hell you just let the longest regining champ walk in his prime from the weight class. Let the little guys go over to Japan where they will be appreciated and paid more. Its a win win for everyone.
This was pretty damned if they do, damned if they don't. Plenty of people were saying they didn't need 125 cuz they couldn't make it in 135. Now that the bantamweight champ fell, it'll become "They should be competing in 135" ?

This is why TJ won't be having any more of a size advantage at 135, they would both be 10lbs bigger and proportionally the same as in the 125 fight.

No what you are really saying, if you feel that way. Is that we need cruiser weight. So that 206 and 266 are not in the same weight class. What LHW's fight in the cage bigger than heavy weights?

at 125 you have guys BIGGER than the 135ers
at 205 you have SMALL heavy weights cutting to avoid 265 pound monsters.

so in this situation you have guys cutting to NOT be dwarfed at 205. at 125 you have guys cutting so they CAN DWARF their opponent.
No I said what I meant

He was 141lbs against Mighty Mouse. And that wasnt a fighter hyping himself up.. that was CSAC.

I won't believe it until I see the cage weights posted. Fighters lie about their weight all the time.
This is the best you are going to get.

NSAC doesnt release that info like CSAC

This was pretty damned if they do, damned if they don't. Plenty of people were saying they didn't need 125 cuz they couldn't make it in 135. Now that the bantamweight champ fell, it'll become "They should be competing in 135" ?

First of all TJ wasnt fighting in his weight class so the champ didnt exactly fall. Im not saying he couldn't fall at 135 im just saying we have to call this what it was. A champ took a shot and went down a weight class and lost. Fighters can be different guys at different weights like Lawler and Rumble,even the bullet (do you think nunes wins at 125?). So the champ didnt really fall, exactly. It isnt like the bigger guy got beat at his natural weight..this was a first and it went the other way.

Its not that they should be competing at 135. Its that there isn't enough 125ers to have an exciting, sustainable division. Guys that cant make 135 should go to Japan and get more money and be respected. The ones who can compete at 135 should move up. Until there is legitimately 20-30 really good and exciting (it is a business after all) fighters there shouldn't be a weight class.

You just let MM walk, how could you EVER keep the 125 division around after shipping off MM and not giving him his rematch. Lastly, the guys who are at the top of 125 (for the most part) are literately 135ers, espically the champ. He is bigger in cage than the champ in the weight class above him, he doesn't NEED 125. Hes avoiding it because he can, there is a good reason why he is willing to go to 135 lol. Its no big deal to him.

If henry weighs 146 in the cage then i see no reason why he couldnt be just fighting at 135

146 is probably a stretch, but no doubt possible. Cejudo apparently weighted 141 when he fought DJ (who was 142), according to fight night weigh in data from the CSAC:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations

Lots of 135ers were on that same card, so we get a good idea of how much they add back:

TJ: 149.5
Garbrandt: 142 (waaaay below everyone else!)
Munoz: 151
Johns: 158
Simon: 152
Jackson: 152
Ramos: 153.5
Kang: 154
Vera: 150
Buren: 149.5

There seems to be a prevailing thought that TJ would starch Henry at 135. I do not share this opinion.

It they rematch I like Cejudo crushing the Snake again.

Yep. Funny how Renan's weight cut troubles are never acknowledge (and flat footed style) as part of the reason TJ broke him down. But it is all the rage now that tj only lost because a bad weight cut.

TJ is good but he also lost to a past his prime Dom and is lucky that cody has a weak chin and the worst fight IQ ever.

And fucking hilarious that there was talk of him killing 125 by walking through Henry and them moving up and taking out the "slow guys" at 145.

Back