Cejudo vs TJ 2

MuyThaiElbows

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Cejudo won and should be the one making the demands for his next fight. It would make the most sense if they did the rematch at 135 and if there's a trilogy fight do it at 125.

The fight was ended early, but Cejudo was beating TJ up. Cejudo has to make a decision...save the division or fight for two belts. Hopefully the FLW division will still be a weight class after the rematch if they do it at 135 for tjs sake if successful in the rematch.

Dana wants FW dead.

He had dead puppy sad face last night.

All bets are off.

Cejudo won and should be the one making the demands for his next fight. It would make the most sense if they did the rematch at 135 and if there's a trilogy fight do it at 125.

The fight was ended early, but Cejudo was beating TJ up. Cejudo has to make a decision...save the division or fight for two belts. Hopefully the FLW division will still be a weight class after the rematch if they do it at 135 for tjs sake if successful in the rematch.

They should do the rematch at 125 like TJ asked, he's the one who's belt would be stripped so if he wants to stay at 125 let him. Fighting at 135 not only gives Dana an excuse to scrap 125 but also stalls both divisions. Also TJ has lost to three 135 fighters in the top 10 it is the easiest division to Interim belt. Then if TJ wins at 125 they can use the trilogy fight to promote 125 even more. If TJ wins the third one, another superfight with the nee 135 champ who likely has beaten TJ, if Cjuedo wins, TJ gets a title shot at 135. If they do a trilogy at 125 they set with main events for like 2 years at both divisions.

Poor Joe B though. Guys been waiting years for MM to get done with that division and now he's got to keep waiting. Joe B might be GOAT to never win a UFC belt.

Cejudo wants a rematch 135lb. Hes confident enough to ragdoll tj

They should do the rematch at 125 like TJ asked, he's the one who's belt would be stripped so if he wants to stay at 125 let him. Fighting at 135 not only gives Dana an excuse to scrap 125 but also stalls both divisions. Also TJ has lost to three 135 fighters in the top 10 it is the easiest division to Interim belt. Then if TJ wins at 125 they can use the trilogy fight to promote 125 even more. If TJ wins the third one, another superfight with the nee 135 champ who likely has beaten TJ, if Cjuedo wins, TJ gets a title shot at 135. If they do a trilogy at 125 they set with main events for like 2 years at both divisions.

Poor Joe B though. Guys been waiting years for MM to get done with that division and now he's got to keep waiting. Joe B might be GOAT to never win a UFC belt.
I see your point. I don't care about what weight class honestly, as long as we get to see a rematch.

I want to see more than 32 seconds of that fight.

Not interested to be honest.

Let’s run it back again with Khabib vs McGregor and Amanda vs Cyborg.

Those fights end the same way 9/10 in my opinion.

giphy.gif

Sure, why not? I rewatched the fight and tj got easily pushed down easily. Henry caught him and finished after

Dana in denial.

Reality is that he fully expected tj to run Henry over, prompting the shutting down of the FW division.

Cejas had other things in mind. Dusted TJ quickly.

It makes sense for Cejudo to want it at 135 for a shot at a 2nd belt.
It makes sense for TJ to want it at 125 for another shot at a 2nd belt.

But it wasn't a close fight, ok the stoppage is debatable but there's no real reason for a rematch in the near future at either weight.

With TJs win 4 lose 1 record, maybe Cejudo should wait until TJ has 4 wins before signing up to a rematch anyway.

I'm thinking they'll do what cejudo wants since he's technically the double champ and got a finish.

Cejudo has it if you asks me. He's just that much stronger than dillshaw.

The only way I dillshaw pulling a w is if he has good slick counters and great take down defense.

I see your point. I don't care about what weight class honestly, as long as we get to see a rematch.

I want to see more than 32 seconds of that fight.

For me I want to see the Joe B rematch more tbh but I understand. Joe B is like the Khabib of 125 guy just keeps winning and no one cares. He beat Cjuedo! Dude's 8-1 since his MM rematch with a split decision loss. Was 6-2 before that only losing to MM. Best fighter to never win a belt except maybe Hendo.

My issue is that TJ loses to a lot of people. Dodson KO'd TJ and people for years have been saying well that's a fluke. TJ just gets away without fighting rematches in his own division even more popular guys like Cruz or that guy who's Assunaco and wanna see him at 135. TJ's just always looks like he could have lost even when he wins and I just don't have that feeling about any other champ. Used to like TJ but the guys super lucky to still be 135 champ IMO.

But it wasn't a close fight, ok the stoppage is debatable but there's no real reason for a rematch in the near future at either weight.

With TJs win 4 lose 1 record, maybe Cejudo should wait until TJ has 4 wins before signing up to a rematch anyway.
I disagree. Yes tj was getting beat up but it was an early stoppage. Alot of people want a rematch. I think it's crucial for a rematch, it either proves cejudo real or TJ to be a double champ.

It makes sense for Cejudo to want it at 135 for a shot at a 2nd belt.
It makes sense for TJ to want it at 125 for another shot at a 2nd belt.

135 is not a division they could afford to hold off either. Joe B deserves a title shot at 125 too. Dana should test 125's popularity again with a hypable matchup before Joe B eventually loses.

For me I want to see the Joe B rematch more tbh but I understand. Joe B is like the Khabib of 125 guy just keeps winning and no one cares. He beat Cjuedo! Dude's 8-1 since his MM rematch with a split decision loss. Was 6-2 before that only losing to MM. Best fighter to never win a belt except maybe Hendo.

My issue is that TJ loses to a lot of people. Dodson KO'd TJ and people for years have been saying well that's a fluke. TJ just gets away without fighting rematches in his own division even more popular guys like Cruz or that guy who's Assunaco and wanna see him at 135. TJ's just always looks like he could have lost even when he wins and I just don't have that feeling about any other champ. Used to like TJ but the guys super lucky to still be 135 champ IMO.
I think the masses would want cejudo/tj 2 rather than cejudo/benavidez

If it's going to happen there is no legitimate reason it shouldn't be at 135 next time. TJ is a paper champ at this point. He's the only one with something to prove. But since this is the UFC, they'll make Cejudo run this back at 125 and when the same thing happens again, they'll cry some more.

The same thing will happen with the rematch at 125 and at 135. Cejudo is an a-level Olympic athlete who is improving by leaps and bounds every fight, I think he will take the BW throne with ease.

If it's going to happen there is no legitimate reason it shouldn't be at 135 next time. TJ is a paper champ at this point. He's the only one with something to prove. But since this is the UFC, they'll make Cejudo run this back at 125 and when the same thing happens again, they'll cry some more.
I think cejudo is a terrible matchup for tj as well, but I'm thinking cejudo will want the rematch at 135.

And tj is no paper champ. He'll go down as one of the best BWs ever.

Back