Cejudo vs benavidez

hunt12

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
never really seen much talk about this fight in regards to a robbery. I thought Cejudo won even with the point deduction. At the very worst a draw. What are sherdoggers opinion on this fight

Cejudo vs. Benavidez 2, then Cejudo vs. MM 3 or Benavidez vs. MM 3 depending on who holds the belt when MM returns.

Cejudo absolutely won that fight and is an all around better mixed martial artist than benavidez. No doubt in my mind he wins if they were to fight again.

Cejudo vs. Benavidez 2, then Cejudo vs. MM 3 or Benavidez vs. MM 3 depending on who holds the belt when MM returns.

With Benavidez coming off a loss I really don't see why you would pick him over DJ for Cejudo's first title defense.

With Benavidez coming off a loss I really don't see why you would pick him over DJ for Cejudo's first title defense.

Because I thought MM was out with injury...? If MM is healthy, obviously he should be first in line over any damn person on the roster.

Yup. Cejudo got robbed.

and Benavidez was roobed vs Pettis...

never really seen much talk about this fight in regards to a robbery. I thought Cejudo won even with the point deduction. At the very worst a draw. What are sherdoggers opinion on this fight
I remember everyone thinking this at the time including me. It's not talked about because Cejudo has the belt and Joey is coming off a loss to someone who Cejudo dominated.

I thought it was a draw with the point deduction, I think Cejudo finishes him in a rematch

Because I thought MM was out with injury...? If MM is healthy, obviously he should be first in line over any damn person on the roster.

I think the entity of MM's injury hasn't been determined yet. If he will be out for a long time then I agree a rematch with Benavidez could certainly make sense.

I think the entity of MM's injury hasn't been determined yet. If he will be out for a long time then I agree a rematch with Benavidez could certainly make sense.

IDK I saw a video on Instagram(?) where his foot looked swollen. He also said he may have a torn right LCL.

Lol ye re watched this fight and scored it for Cejudo. Idk wasn't even close fight. I don't know why they scored it for Benavidez. yikes

I haven't seen the fight but given both their last performances I think Cejudo wins a rematch

Cejudo killed Benavidez. This was a bisping-hamill level robbery.

benavidez has slowed down and tbh wasnt ever that amazing, he was just a tough matchup for cruz. had that 1 fight that was a split dec although i thought dom deserved a UD.

benavidez has slowed down and tbh wasnt ever that amazing, he was just a tough matchup for cruz. had that 1 fight that was a split dec although i thought dom deserved a UD.
joe b was the # 2 flyweight for how long? pretty much since the flyweight division has been in the UFC, up until the last like year or 2.

i'm not even a fan of his, but his resume is strong as hell.

that said, cejudo should have won.

Last edited:
Back