Cejudo, the new king

Cejudo has once again shown himself as a future GOAT, burying the glass chin of Cody Garbrandt in his wake. If Dillasnake is that good enough to flatten CoGar twice, and Cejudo flatten Dillasnake in 35 seconds, Why does CoGar still train? He could just get tats for the rest of his life if he moved to Tijuana. Number one and number two destroyed. Sometimes the piss does cut the poop.

What's next for the future GOAT?
This is just a terrible thread

started by a complete Idiot

that's all I have to say

But didn't Cejudo weigh more than him on fight night when TJ fought CoGar last?

That means nothing. Not everybody has an equal capacity to cut weight, and not everybody functions the same way at a particular body fat percentage.

TJ is just like Anthony Pettis. He's light for his weight class, but it's his proper weight class.

That weight cut affected Tj for sure but is clearly that he has never had a solid chin, instead he had a very good defense.

No. And even if he did, one would be further highlighting the insanity of weight cuts.

Henry was 141lbs that night, and TJ was 149.5lbs.

Again, TJ is not a natural Flyweight. Pushing yourself this hard to make weight, results in guys not performing at their best. It was obvious to most anyone that simply looked at the two men leading up to the fight, as to who looked better physically.

Pretending Henry did something miraculous by shutting down a guy that was on the verge of collapse the day before is silliness. And we all know it.
Oh, ok, it was CoGar and Mouse weighing the same. Anyways, the difference is pretty small IMO. They are relatively the same size, with Dillashaw being longer and Cejudo being more stout (difference between Jones and DC).

I thought the day before the weigh in that Dillashaw almost looked better than Cejudo, but maybe that was just me. TJ is indeed a bantamweight but I also feel he has a weakness to guys that are very fast. Cejudo is a better wrestler and he has a background in boxing too. Imo, just a bad match up for TJ any way you cut it.

Imo, just a bad match up for TJ any way you cut it.

Anyone is a terrible match up when you're nearly dead for the three days leading into a fight.

The fight showed me literally nothing I didn't know. I'm just tired of bizarre match ups, and having people respond with "This proves Fighter A is one of the greatest ever!" This was almost as bad as Rory vs Mousassi. At least people seemed to understand it's stupidity.

And if Henry moves up and loses, it will just show that he's not a natural 135er. The two divisions are in chaos and the UFC is in panic mode as to how to handle 125, so we are expected as fans to pretend this fight meant something... I won't.

Honestly Cjuedo hasn't proven himself the best at 125 even. He won a close decision over MM but MM finished him. Joe B beat him in another close decision. Horiguchi and Bagunitov are tearing it up overseas who knows how that would go. TJ is also the weakest 135 champ, three losses in his division, was super lucky to beat Cory.

Cjuedo's not the GOAT of anything, TJ honestly is just a really weak champ.

Agreed, TJ should quit life and get a Sherdog black belt.

Agreed, TJ should quit life and get a Sherdog black belt.
not saying TJ should quit. There is still venom in the fangs, I'm sure of it. It just that Cejudo is the snapping turtle of the new generation. He ate the snake and now will swell his shell.

His interviews are definitely the most cringeworthy of the champions .... so he has that going for him...

not saying TJ should quit. There is still venom in the fangs, I'm sure of it. It just that Cejudo is the snapping turtle of the new generation. He ate the snake and now will swell his shell.

fine, tbf, I misread your comment, but I choose to remain sarcastic and bitter.

TS, did you celebrate Henry's win last night with meth? Your post is a mess
774e4a233560d0f9d5798c385b1d2173--funny-pics-jean.jpg

Reads of stimulants or lack of formal education for sure.

UFC careers end fast. That cut to 125 likely ruined TJs career for good. I bet the UFC books TJ v Moraes with the hopes TJ loses and Moraes can beat Cejudo if he moves up.

Back