Cejudo returning in 2022

There’s no way the UFC is giving him a free shot at the 145 title. And anybody that suggests that is a complete joke. It’s time this cherry picker earned something for once. Facing the best of the best of the best first. Top 10, then top 5. Then talk about a TS.

He bailed with two titles. He’s probably as popular with Dana as GSP. But, at least GSP was a ppv draw.

he owes Dillashaw a rematch at 135.

or maybe a catchweight of 140

Speaking in a recent interview, Cejudo’s manager Abdelaziz confirmed that his client Cejudo is set to return to the Octagon in 2022. He believes he will return as a featherweight, but bantamweight is also possible.

“Yes, I do (think Cejudo fights again in 2022). 100-percent I do. I think he does,” Abdelaziz said. “If he lost, he can go down to 135. He’s not coming in for one fight. He’s coming in for a legacy fight to get three belts but at the end of the day, too, there’s a lot of fights at 135 and 145, too, it’s no problem. He’s a competitor. As long as he’s breathing, this guy’s going to be a competitor.”
I'm thankful to cejudo for smashing dillashaw but I have literally zero enthusiasm to see him fight

sounds like hes trying to gsp his way into the title shot and then dip it. why would he come back to fight at 135

There’s no way the UFC is giving him a free shot at the 145 title. And anybody that suggests that is a complete joke. It’s time this cherry picker earned something for once. Facing the best of the best of the best first. Top 10, then top 5. Then talk about a TS.

He bailed with two titles. He’s probably as popular with Dana as GSP. But, at least GSP was a ppv draw.

Why? Dude holds belts in two divisions and earned one by beating DJ. And it’s not like there are a lot of contenders at featherweight right now, just Holloway and he lost to Volk twice. I say make the Volk vs Cejudo FW title fight. Let Cejudo try to make history by earning a belt at a third weight. I want to see it.

sounds like hes trying to gsp his way into the title shot and then dip it. why would he come back to fight at 135

I wouldn’t consider coming in to fight Volk at FW as comparable to fighting Bisping at MW. Volk is a much tougher opponent. This would be totally different.

I want his return fight to be vs Volk. I just want to see that fight. If Henry loses than he can go back to 135.
Ain’t happening… he lost any leverage when he “retired” with 2 belts. You think they are going to gift wrap him another one?

He was a favorite of mine after ending Mighty Mouse, but he’s just annoying nowadays. Just go off to one of these freak show promotions or some shit no one cares about him anymore

he seemed desperate to create a family. I understand him cause he is very tiny and women aren't attracted to small men but glad he made it.
They're attracted to money more than height. And he's fine. Height is also an American/kinda European obsession

Ain’t happening… he lost any leverage when he “retired” with 2 belts. You think they are going to gift wrap him another one?

Gift wrapped? Bro Cejudo earned belts in two weight classes. He’s a HOF fighter. He beat DJ and a roided TJ. He won an Olympic gold medal. No one is “gifting” anything to Cejudo. I think his legacy and achievements have already earned him a title shot if he comes back whether it be at BW or FW.

I really wanted him to compete for the belt at FW when je was still active and I don’t see any reason why it couldn’t happen next year. Volk vs Max is the only other dight in that division which makes sense but I’d much prefer Cejudo to step in. If he gets smoked we have that question answered and if he beats Alex he’ll be top 3 greatest of all time.

I want to see Yan crush him. FW is too big for Cejudo, though.

He's so undersized for 145. 135 is the way to go.

Back